Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Holy poo poo I love this show so much. This past episode was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Peep Show does the best wedding episodes

bango skank posted:

The twins! The loving twins!
Ahaha, gently caress, I didn't even notice

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Taear posted:

And her 'American' boyfriend's accent was a bit poo - but he is from Northern Ireland!

I'm from Belfast and I usually have a good ear for phoney accents and I didn't pick up on that.

Good episode, other than Mark getting beaten up which was a bit unpleasant.

The twins' cameo probably was the best part.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

massive spider posted:

I feel a bit like we missed a step somewhere, I can see Jez loving a dude but I would assume that if that happened we would get to hear the internal rationalisation leading up to it though.

How many men has Jez been hinted at in the series so far? Big Suzes hunky monk comes to mind.

Off the top of my head, he and Hans got really drunk and high and blew each other in S1, and later on he was a boytoy for a rich musician.
The first one was a terrible "bad thing" he couldn't remember doing on that bender until the end of the episode. The boytoy thing he was shy about then embraced, but only for cash and he broke off the relationship once the man wanted genuine love.
Those happen as actual episodes, but as others have said there's that "..and I'm basically straight!" joke.

Oh and I guess if you wanted to be really puerile he's also always had an obsession with being anally stimulation during sex.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Fat Turkey posted:

I can't link it but Google Peep Show Jeremy Boiler Theory, its from series 6, where Jez explains why you stick the thermostat on a higher temperature than you need. They have a couple of heating discussions around that time, that being the best one, because I know people who also thought that's how thermostats work.

Which makes me Mark I guess :(

Oh sorry. I thought you meant the thermometer coming under the door.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After Dobby's reaction to Jez's speech, here's how the next few episodes will play out:

- Dobby will dump the American for beating up Mark.
- She'll assume that her and Mark are back on because she's realised that she actually loves him.
- Mark will be too embarrassed to say anything.
- Something terrible will happen or Mark will spend the rest of his life pretending to enjoy a loveless relationship.

Or maybe Jez and Mark will end up together I don't know. :shrug:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve2911 posted:

After Dobby's reaction to Jez's speech, here's how the next few episodes will play out:

- Dobby will dump the American for beating up Mark.
- She'll assume that her and Mark are back on because she's realised that she actually loves him.
- Mark will be too embarrassed to say anything.
- Something terrible will happen or Mark will spend the rest of his life pretending to enjoy a loveless relationship.

Or maybe Jez and Mark will end up together I don't know. :shrug:

I see it happening thus:

- Dobby dumps the American for beating up Mark
- Mark finally stands up for himself and tells her he's moved on
- Series ends with both Mark and Jez single and miserable again.

Like Jez said in the past, "I'm his One!"

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat Turkey posted:

I can't link it but Google Peep Show Jeremy Boiler Theory, its from series 6, where Jez explains why you stick the thermostat on a higher temperature than you need. They have a couple of heating discussions around that time, that being the best one, because I know people who also thought that's how thermostats work.

Which makes me Mark I guess :(

I think watching that exchange for the first time might have been what made me think about it and realize that isn't how they work. Previously, I would turn them up to 80 until the temperature got comfortable and then turn it back down, so I guess I'm Jeremy. :downs:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That is how thermostats work. Jeremy is right!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Octy posted:

It's been pretty explicit that he's open to loving dudes, including Mark.
I'm rewatching a few at the moment and in the monk episode when Michelle puts on the strap on he thinks "Just pretend it's lovely Stu".

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

bango skank posted:

I think watching that exchange for the first time might have been what made me think about it and realize that isn't how they work. Previously, I would turn them up to 80 until the temperature got comfortable and then turn it back down, so I guess I'm Jeremy. :downs:

80?!

There's actually a lot of moments in Peep Show where Jeremy is gay. Just think of the stuff with Barney in series 5 as well!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taear posted:

80?!

There's actually a lot of moments in Peep Show where Jeremy is gay. Just think of the stuff with Barney in series 5 as well!

I don't actually want it to be 80, but you've got to give it something to aim for. It'll get hotter, quicker.

You set it to 72 it'll be puttering along, "Oh yeah, 72, easy. Nearly there." Wouldn't you rather, "gently caress, 80?! Christ, let's get cracking, gotta generate some serious heat!" And then when it hits 72 we're suddenly like, *click* "Sorry, already there." and the boiler will be like, "What the gently caress?!"

Disclaimer: I live in the US

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Mmm too fan servicey for me. Feels like they rewatched the previous seasons and were like "oh yeah people liked the twins joke, throw them in. We occasionally hint at jez being bi, have him gently caress a dude but make sure it's not funny in any way. Etc"

Next week Johnson becomes homeless, big suze appears for 1 minute, Sophie turns up to love triangle with dobby and mark, jeff gets cancer, the monk gets mentioned, nancy, toni turns out to still live in the building and mark gets called clean shirt

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Can someone refresh my memory about the twins joke? I don't remember it at all.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Partial Octopus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNvDRAYJfo

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe

Partial Octopus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNvDRAYJfo

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I don't quite get the complaints about Gregory's accent. Seems passibly American to me, maybe it's just more of a West Coast accent instead of a New Yorker/Brooklyn?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

therobotking posted:

Mmm too fan servicey for me. Feels like they rewatched the previous seasons and were like "oh yeah people liked the twins joke, throw them in. We occasionally hint at jez being bi, have him gently caress a dude but make sure it's not funny in any way. Etc"

Next week Johnson becomes homeless, big suze appears for 1 minute, Sophie turns up to love triangle with dobby and mark, jeff gets cancer, the monk gets mentioned, nancy, toni turns out to still live in the building and mark gets called clean shirt

It's wrapping up, I guess. There are some people I'd be happy not seeing again, I think Sophie and baby Ian going off with Jeff has put that one to bed.

I would however like one, last, final, Clean Shirt cameo. Maybe Mark gets hit by a bus and is in a coma in hospital. His doctor is Clean Shirt. 'Well, that's bloody typical' he thinks, and closes his eyes to embrace the eternal slumber. :colbert: *fade to credits* then this plays one last time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6exgBw7iaA8

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

The show's always been vague about time lines, but the clean shirt guy as a doctor is pushing things a bit.

I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see any of Jeremy's gay gently caress.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I remember when I first started with Peep Show Jez and Mark reminded me of Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect. Now rereading the guide, they remind me of Jez and Mark.

-loved the speech. Oh my goodness Robert Webb nailed the nervous stream of consciousness improvised speech so well. I swear gone into the same spiral of asking myself questions and answering them in social contexts (but like, as a joke ha ha).
-love how Super Hans is so so so very thinly veiling his insanity.
-Dobbie blossoming is a neat little character development and fixes her problem of being a bad foil.
-I love how they are giving fan service throwbacks. Final season - screw it. go for it. yay.
-I find it interesting how the technology and pop culture references make the time line screwy. I guess we can retrospectively put a good year or two between most of the early seasons.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Coolness Averted posted:

I don't quite get the complaints about Gregory's accent. Seems passibly American to me, maybe it's just more of a West Coast accent instead of a New Yorker/Brooklyn?
it's not and it cracked frequently into some kind of demi-brogue

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

therobotking posted:

Continuity is not fan service

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Especially not in the final season, which is specifically tying up all the loose ends of continuity.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Yea - sure if they'd randomly popped up out of nowhere but having the Twins be at Super Simon's wedding makes total sense.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its definitely not fan service and who honestly gives a poo poo if it is.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Cerv posted:

The show's always been vague about time lines, but the clean shirt guy as a doctor is pushing things a bit.

Oh shush now with your logic :smith:

edit- what about trainee doctor

HOLY gently caress the guy who played Clean Shirt kid is 26 now WTF

Rondette fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 20, 2015

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

The criticisms in thread since the premiere have been so unanimously autistic, lmao

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The criticisms in thread since the premiere have been so unanimously autistic, lmao
If this keeps up, we'll get at least one person moaning about "plot holes" and another using the phrase "filler episode".

ShortLeroy
Oct 5, 2011

Taear posted:

80?!

There's also the scene where Mark and Jeremy have to kiss in a game of spin the bottle and he complains that Mark is a bad kisser.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
I for one was surprised to find that Fakenham is indeed a town in Norwich and not a fake name like Madeupton or Manford Thirtysixborough

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

One Swell Foop posted:

I for one was surprised to find that Fakenham is indeed a town in Norwich and not a fake name like Madeupton or Manford Thirtysixborough

Fakenham is miles from Norwich. :colbert:

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Fine, Norfolk then.

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
I haven't seen any of the new stuff yet, but nothing in this show tops Johnson's coffee mug justice.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Discombobulator posted:

I haven't seen any of the new stuff yet, but nothing in this show tops Johnson's coffee mug justice.

I could stick it to Harpenden Harpenden Harpenden! ...no, even the Mob didn't go after the families.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

...no, even the Mob didn't go after the families.

That reminds me of this Mitchell rant. I'll never forgive him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIorjslBgJk

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Peep Show Series 9 Episode 3

Threeism - Jeremy's love life takes a surprising turn, as Mark is dealing with his own matters of the heart

After this one we only have 3 more episodes left.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

"Hahahahaha. No."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mark's cooking breakdown is already one of the high points.

"Is it Moroccan? Yeah, it's Moroccan, loving anything goes in Morocco!"

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
loving great episode so far. Back in the game!

e: instant classic. Almost felt like it had different writers to the first two.

Al2001 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The simple hilarity of Mark's eyeshadow is making me very sad this show won't be around much longer.

• Locked thread