Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Speaking of which, how did Super Hans escape that cult that he joined at the end of Series 5? I know it's not important to the show in the grand scheme of things, but cult compounds are usually very protected against people who want to leave.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Y-Hat posted:

Speaking of which, how did Super Hans escape that cult that he joined at the end of Series 5? I know it's not important to the show in the grand scheme of things, but cult compounds are usually very protected against people who want to leave.

Super Hans has already-established...issues, regarding locked doors.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Just watched this season's episodes so far. I was mostly tepid on the last couple seasons, but I think the writing on this one is great. Very excited to see how it ends. Hopefully with Jeremy in a stable and healthy threeist relationship. (Threeism is a coyle and sharpe reference, if I'm not mistaken.)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cerv posted:

thought it escalated far too quickly, which meant i was questioning the situation rater than just going with it.
cold calculating Mark before any panic sets in would have realised he'd need to prepare enough food for the fictitious party so April wouldn't twig that there never were any other guests. he'd probably even put thought into what's going to keep best for two days of eating leftovers.
and why was there no booze in the flat? Jeremy lives there.

this is a good point but the boys are less on their game now and their lives are falling apart sadly

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Yep, Mark prides himself on his rationality but in reality it disappears any time he's under stress, or thinks he's found 'the one'

Al2001 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 1, 2015

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like "...I like you".

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

XMNN posted:

Then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like "...I like you".

still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxO_wp0AQqY

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

"gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress."

"Oh gently caress!"

"Oh my God"

"Jesus!"

Honestly one of the best exchanges in the show.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Peep Show Series 9 Episode 4

Mole-Mapping - Mark's determination to get the woman of his dreams isn't hindered by the fact that she has a husband.

After this one we only have 2 more episodes left.

I have some thoughts on the premise, but I'll wait until after I watch the episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al2001 posted:

Yep, Mark prides himself on his rationality but in reality it disappears any time he's under stress, or thinks he's found 'the one'
The beauty of Mark is that people describe his character as "rational" or "calculating" or any other word that implies that he isn't just an egotistical blowhard.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty
Immediate wank flannel reference.

It is just all fanservice callbacks....

Devol_Tettran fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 2, 2015

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Devol_Tettran posted:

It is just all fanservice callbacks....
aka the tedious bits

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

This one seemed full of setups for ideas that never seemed to quite pay off. The robbery, mark doing coke, maks love rival going insane ect.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

massive spider posted:

This one seemed full of setups for ideas that never seemed to quite pay off. The robbery, mark doing coke, maks love rival going insane ect.

Yea I just can't decide what they were really going for this time. Part of me expected Angus to be shot? I don't know. Maybe that's just me reaching for a "happy" ending - it did end with everything being poo poo as usual.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I will preface this by saying that I haven't watched the episode yet, but here are some thoughts about what I presume the plot to be about.

My biggest gripe is that Mark hasn't mentioned April since her appearance in Series 2. Why all of a sudden is he pining after her? It just seems to be a total cop out. I have faith that this storyline will be fine in the end, but it just seems off putting to me.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Having trouble believing their coffee orders. Mark would definitely be a latte drinker and Jeremy would be into caramel mochas or something. Immersion ruined.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I really liked it. The Jez is a poo poo conversation nearly killed me. And all the life coach stuff was really funny this episode I thought. And all the bank stuff.

E: and the Mark Smash bit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The end was sorta underwhelming. I guess they wanted to wrap up the Mark/April and Threeism plots quickly.

I did like Jeremy's life coaching session that went wrong, though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SalTheBard posted:

I will preface this by saying that I haven't watched the episode yet, but here are some thoughts about what I presume the plot to be about.

My biggest gripe is that Mark hasn't mentioned April since her appearance in Series 2. Why all of a sudden is he pining after her? It just seems to be a total cop out. I have faith that this storyline will be fine in the end, but it just seems off putting to me.

It struck me she was his victim of convenience. Mark has done that with every woman he's taken an interest in. It could just as easily have been a brand new girl/author he decided he wanted.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
I imagine he heard of her book coming out and that made him remember her and realize she might be "the one" and so the stalking began.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This episode was loving awesome and my concerns were totally unfounded.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

He does specifically at the end of that episode that walking away from that situation is an experience that will haunt him for the rest of his life. Its going to be one of those "what if?" scenarios in his head, but we don't hear it in the rest of the show because hes too busy being distracted by something else.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

McDragon posted:

I really liked it. The Jez is a poo poo conversation nearly killed me. And all the life coach stuff was really funny this episode I thought. And all the bank stuff.

E: and the Mark Smash bit

Oh don't get me wrong it was still really funny. I loved the Dresden line.
It just sort of petered out is all.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope the bag of coke is now a reoccurring object until the end of the show. If the final shot isn't of Mark with a nosebleed, I'll be disappointed.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
The ending was really funny, but I thought much of the first 15 minutes was a bit of a shambles. The whole queen bit was stupid and unfunny, and the mole mapping & colonoscopy part was just weird and contrived. As was Angus' Byzantine psychosis bit, but I forgave that for Herodotus & a bowl of müsli.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hope the bag of coke is now a reoccurring object until the end of the show. If the final shot isn't of Mark with a nosebleed, I'll be disappointed.

I'd be happy if by the end of the show mark has finally come around to drugs and Jez has discovered 9-5 responsibility.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That would be perfectly Peep Show, because they'd both be as miserable as when they started.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
gently caress tennis, it's basically bullshit ping pong for giants

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ras Het posted:

The ending was really funny, but I thought much of the first 15 minutes was a bit of a shambles. The whole queen bit was stupid and unfunny, and the mole mapping & colonoscopy part was just weird and contrived. As was Angus' Byzantine psychosis bit, but I forgave that for Herodotus & a bowl of müsli.

I'd say that all worked in the context of the show. It's more of the same (which is what we're after!) but the bank robbery bit just seemed a waste of time other than getting Mark away from the desk to get Tim Key to give Angus a loan.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Mark doing coke should have been the whole episode.

I was disappointed when he didn't take ecstasy in the episode where they went clubbing because people with gigantic neuroses and anxiety like Mark are hilarious on uppers. I say that as someone who is basically Mark in real life.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

joedevola posted:

Mark doing coke should have been the whole episode.

I was disappointed when he didn't take ecstasy in the episode where they went clubbing because people with gigantic neuroses and anxiety like Mark are hilarious on uppers. I say that as someone who is basically Mark in real life.

Mark on weed in one of the early episodes was funny enough.

"I'm not going to do a poo, am I, Jez?"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

SalTheBard posted:

I'd be more surprised if Mark wasn't frequently cyberstalking every woman he's ever had a thing for, to be honest.

Corfu 06?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Chekov's Cocaine

EL BROMANCE posted:

That would be perfectly Peep Show, because they'd both be as miserable as when they started.
They did say that there would be no happy ending for Mark and Jez, but that can mean practically anything. Even preserving the status quo would fit that description.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I really wanted Angus to get shot.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
"You are the poo poo on my shoe"; "a poo poo for all seasons"; "the poo poo-man of Europe"

holy poo poo that was hilarious

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I loved how impressed Jez was with floor plugs. I'd be impressed by that. Hell, I'm still impressed my car has central locking.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Back-to-back sick man of Europe references, what is this :allears:

Peep Show has always been consistently good, detractors gonna detract.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I consider myself a true connoisseur of peep show and this series is already clearly superior to series 8 in every way

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Rondette posted:

I loved how impressed Jez was with floor plugs. I'd be impressed by that. Hell, I'm still impressed my car has central locking.

That was such quality writing. Can't imagine a more concise way of reminding everyone that Jez has basically never worked a 'normal' job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
I loved Mark taking coke- "gently caress you dad!"

If anyone has an o2 phone you can watch Peep Show 48 hours early with their priority app.

My other half doesn't like watching things on laptops/phones and likes us to watch shows together. So I've watched Peep Show secretly on the monday then have had to pretend to watch it for the first time on a wednesday night.

• Locked thread