Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I feel a bit like we missed a step somewhere, I can see Jez loving a dude but I would assume that if that happened we would get to hear the internal rationalisation leading up to it though.

How many men has Jez been hinted at in the series so far? Big Suzes hunky monk comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I think the screen going black when mark gets his eyes drawn on is one of the few times they've actually utilised the POV format for sight gags, it doesent happen all that often.

Also every time a new season comes out I think its not as good as it used to be but if I go back and watch it I think the series has been pretty consistant.

The only point I felt like it really dropped the ball was when mark finally got with Dobby because it felt like the writers didn't know what to do with her when Mark finally had her, there are times she seemed to develop a severe amnesia going back to him whenever the plot demanded it despite how obviously awful he was every single episode. Mark realising that they actually weren't suited at all is really the most logical place for it to end.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

XMNN posted:

Then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like "...I like you".

still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxO_wp0AQqY

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

This one seemed full of setups for ideas that never seemed to quite pay off. The robbery, mark doing coke, maks love rival going insane ect.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hope the bag of coke is now a reoccurring object until the end of the show. If the final shot isn't of Mark with a nosebleed, I'll be disappointed.

I'd be happy if by the end of the show mark has finally come around to drugs and Jez has discovered 9-5 responsibility.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Christ, gently caress sophie.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Lot 49 posted:

Re: Sophie. Her downfall is just tragic. She was so nice and normal in the early seasons and now she's a wreck. I blame Jeff.

She was originally intended to be one of the POV leads too so it follows that shes always been written to be a bit rotten underneath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

MoPZiG posted:

Making Jez bi/gay was a cool twist in theory, but just like Mark being a dad it was only ever 2 lines of dialogue deep.

There was more potential in the threelationship plotline than it got. Jez's journey to bi'ness could have initially started with him agreeing to a threesome with the couple and then ended with the guys slowly pushing the girl out of the relationship.

• Locked thread