Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I live by the Big Beat Manifesto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpRZSPNZY7w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I don't feel like Superhans has ever been a loser, he just likes partying and crack.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
It's a symptom of Mark's extended mental breakdown.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
"This is it. This is literally it. This is the sort of thing people do when they're having a good time."

Words to live by.

It's weird how young they look in the first series.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Octy posted:

It's been pretty explicit that he's open to loving dudes, including Mark.
I'm rewatching a few at the moment and in the monk episode when Michelle puts on the strap on he thinks "Just pretend it's lovely Stu".

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid like "...I like you".

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

SalTheBard posted:

I will preface this by saying that I haven't watched the episode yet, but here are some thoughts about what I presume the plot to be about.

My biggest gripe is that Mark hasn't mentioned April since her appearance in Series 2. Why all of a sudden is he pining after her? It just seems to be a total cop out. I have faith that this storyline will be fine in the end, but it just seems off putting to me.
I'd be more surprised if Mark wasn't frequently cyberstalking every woman he's ever had a thing for, to be honest.

Corfu 06?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I think I've watched it all so many times I'd forgotten it could make you cringe.

Then Sophie rose from her shallow plastic grave in the middle of Mark almost sort of finding happiness.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm moving house again and it's still my dream that I somehow find my copy of the US pilot so I can share it with the world. It's naturally on an unmarked disc and is the worst thing ever.

E: search called off! Someone has finally done the 'decent' thing and put it on YouTube as of a month ago (I periodically search for it but never found a copy other than the one I had). Don't think it's as good a copy as mine was, but given I couldn't even get through 5 minutes on both attempts that doesn't matter. Witness the horror of Big Bang Peep Show.

http://youtu.be/8Yredc3ayOE
Leonard is a terrible actor.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Mark and Jez have never really been capable of growth, they've just been treading water since university and now they're middle-aged.

All in all, I think it was about as good a sendoff as possible, a bit of manic chaos as a situation spirals out of control, some nice (non)resolution, Jeff and Johnson were good and the last scene was only sentimental in a weird enough way that it wasn't sickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Taear posted:

We don't really have enough information on Sophie to say what she's truly like. Mark idolises her in the first two series but she stays with him when she shouldn't, stays with Jeff when he's absolutely awful and is generally kinda self destructive.

That said I'd say Jez is the worst because like Sash! says most of the horrible poo poo Mark does comes from Jez starting the ball rolling. The only truly bad thing I can think that mark did without jez's influence was reading Sophie's emails.
He did stalk/cyberstalk multiple women, also he poisoned Gerrard at the party, and I feel like there must be more. Although he is mostly petty and vindictive rather than actually criminal, so maybe he just seems worse than he is. Like Jez will do bad things without really thinking about it eg let Superhans relapse so he can get off with Big Suze, so he doesn't seem evil so much as selfish.

e: I just checked to see if the poisoning was Mark on his own steam (it was) and when Jeremy asks why he invited Gerrard it's the "I thought it would look petty and vindictive not to, and as a petty and vindictive person I have to take extra care not to appear petty and vindictive" line.

XMNN fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread