Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Oh man, sounds great. I'm going to give this a go. Any recommendations on the cognac? I rarely drink the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I ended up making the OPs recipe with some dark John Watlings rum I had from my honeymoon a year ago along with some Jim beam and hennessy VS. Very excited to crack this stuff open for the holiday celebrations.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
My egg nog was delicious after just a week. Ended up serving ~2/3 of what the recipe called for with about 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup half n half.

I'm looking to make some more for christmas, anybody have any tested recipes for flavored egg nogs? I see a couple people said they added vanilla, what about chocolate or even some citrus flavors? Orange creamsicle egg nog maybe?

I see martha has a recipe but it's pretty weak on the alcohol. http://www.marthastewart.com/316180/spiced-chocolate-eggnog

Also RE Eggwhites.. just use them for breakfast? cook w/ chorizo for a meal or with cheese and an english muffin.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I've just been storing my 'nog in some used orange juice containers... look just like this. I've transferred to a 1 quart ball jar to take to parties, though as it seems more home made.
http://media.fooducate.com/products/images/180x180/50FD6A9F-15AE-0D49-4499-9BD8B1E67A3F.jpeg

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I've got a quart of Nesquik egg nog and a quart of regular flavor egg nog that's been in my fridge since last year. The anticipation is building...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

deong posted:

Wtf is nesquick egg nog? like, chocolate egg nog? Is it amazing or?

Also, The mixing of the liquors just gives a different flavor. I like adding brandy to mine, adds a hint of vanilla. I go with 2:1:1 whiskey:rum:brandy when I make mine.

I don't know how it will be... I just decided to sweeten with Nesquick instead of sugar for one of my batches. I'm thinking it's hard to go wrong with delicious aged egg nog.

• Locked thread