Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Esposito posted:

do you think it makes any difference if you whip the cream before folding it into the hot eggnog?

Control Volume posted:

Yeah youre right, the weird things that happen with fat dont matter when the entire structure melts from the heat.

I'm looking to nog for the first time this year and I'm a little confused. The recipes don't mention any form of heat. What am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

deong posted:

you nog wrong.
I can't find it now, but there is a university study that they prove that egg nog will have salmonella for the first few weeks, but after (i think) 4 weeks of melding, all the boo juice is gone. You don't need to cook it, you need to booze it up. The video is in the thread but im yammered.

The sentence you quoted clearly states its about thickening, not removing bad stuff?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I nogged.

Not pictured: another full jar. Made 1.5 batches of the original recipe.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
So the hardest part about noggin', is you can't drink the nog right away.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
E&J is what I used in mine. Tastes great 2 weeks in.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I bought $15 jim beam, $15 meyers, and $15 e&j brandy. seemed fine but someone earlier in the thread commented that I spent money on good stuff? I wouldn't call any of that good. Booze is so cheap in the USA I love it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
yesssssssssss we are now nog brothers.

I thought the recipe said to add fresh grated nutmeg when serving, not when making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
The Australian in me wonders if it would make good Vegemite (leftover brewers yeast extract)

• Locked thread