Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

QuarkMartial posted:

The recipes seem to scale up, do they scale down as well?

I think I want to try a half batch for my first go, and I don't want to waste it if I don't like it.

I halved the recipe last year, and it worked just fine. As long as you keep the same alcohol to other liquids ratio, it'll be good.

This year though is the full batch for me, with slightly different rum to bourbon proportions, and throwing in some vanilla bean paste to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Coconut macaroons and pavlovas are usually what I use them for.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
In the US, heavy cream is 36% and above, so you're good.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I've posted a pic of my two glass jars. I got mine at the grocery store, in the section where they have kitchen supplies. Look for a place where they sell big glass and plastic food containers for flour, cereal, pasta, etc.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

What's the longest that someone has aged their nog? Last year I served some at a party I had made the year before and it was pretty loving good.

I was considering doing Rum/Cognac with a little bit of Amaretto this year, but I may have to go with this.

Literally drinking a glass I made in October 2014. Smooooooooth.

• Locked thread