Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
I went into a Men's Warehouse earlier today to buy a belt for my sad blue collar job. A thin strip of leather carried the price tag of 70 dollars. I left the store belt-less and empty inside, a cruel metaphor for life. Like any law abiding citizen I than saw fit to post about it on the internet. What say ye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They have lovely belts at walmart for like $8 OP.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think that is a fair price for an XXXXXXL belt op.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

spud posted:

I think that is a fair price for an XXXXXXL belt op.

the OP needs a belt for himself, dude, not your mom

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Merry Deciever posted:

I went into a Men's Warehouse earlier today to buy a belt for my sad blue collar job. A thin strip of leather carried the price tag of 70 dollars. I left the store belt-less and empty inside, a cruel metaphor for life. Like any law abiding citizen I than saw fit to post about it on the internet. What say ye?

Your dad would have thought 70 dollars was a steal so he could beat you into being a better person.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Was the belt so long that you could make a Final Fantasy dress? If so, that's a good price.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Think you should hit up the bargain bin at JCPenney, op.

naem
May 29, 2011

I paid $50 at a banana republic like 5 years ago and it's going strong still so

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
forget belts, wear suspenders

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lol if you don't need a mechanical hay baler to strap your rolling folds into your elastic waistband jeans.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why are you going into mens warehouse for a blue collar job?

that's a white collar store you loving idiot OP

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIVTT4fgPQI

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That's a low price for hanging yourself and leaving your horrible existence behind forever.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

JFairfax posted:

why are you going into mens warehouse for a blue collar job?

that's a white collar store you loving idiot OP

well it sounds awfully blue collar when you think about it

men - the chief demographic in blue collar jobs
warehouse - industrial scale storage primarily staffed by blue collar workers

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
You want an expensive belt unless you're just using it for looks, otherwise it will get hosed within like 2 weeks.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Fancy clothes are for funerals and court dates.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

use rope, or several plastic shopping bags tied together

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I bought a leather belt at American eagle for 10 with some lame buckle like 13 years ago. Still going strong after wearing it 90% of the time since then. Original holes and everything.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want this belt

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

THE PWNER posted:

You want an expensive belt unless you're just using it for looks, otherwise it will get hosed within like 2 weeks.

maybe use the next loop down if youre putting this much wear on your belts

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The trick is to buy a full grain leather belt, 'genuine' and 'high quality' leather are just marketing terms, they really denote garbage tier leather. Lots of very expensive designer label belts are made from that garbage tier leather, so don't just assume you're getting quality based on price.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I buy belts at Target and wear them every day (I usually have 1 belt). I've had my current one for over a year and it's still good enough. Like $15 probably.

My ex had a lot of trouble with leather belts cracking not long after he bought them. Maybe women's belts are better, for once.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Good leather is always cheap at twice the price by the time you wear it out. My wallet's stitching is dying after about ten years but that sweet sweet cowflesh is still perfect

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

A tasteful ribbon, a length of cloth cut from the back of a competitor's suit jacket, or a black extension cord -- tie either around your waist to spell "success."

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Also science has proven that we can survive with less intestines than we come with #lifehacks

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Does amazon.com not exist in your dimension, OP?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Moon Atari posted:

The trick is to buy a full grain leather belt, 'genuine' and 'high quality' leather are just marketing terms, they really denote garbage tier leather. Lots of very expensive designer label belts are made from that garbage tier leather, so don't just assume you're getting quality based on price.

Whoa whoa whoa

More expensive doesn't necessarily mean better quality

My entir value. System just got taint reaped

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's the part where genuine and high-quality actually mean the opposite of good that is the surprising part. At least it was for me, I don't know, maybe everyone else is a seasoned leather shopping veteran and I'm the only one that finds words that suggest quality being used to mean bad confusing.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A good length of extension cord is free if no one is watching.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Small town markets will have real leather belts for like 40bux at most that will last forever

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This guy does great work. Good leathers, simple designs. If you ever have $80 then you shold look into one, op, since they'll last longer than you'll be alive

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Like you pay $200 for docs and they arr barely leather and fall apart in a year now. 80 dollar local leather boots will go for a decade

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah, established brands are falling all over themselves to destroy their reputations. I went to rebuy a pair of Clarks Desert Boots (after owning my pair for 8 years) the other day and the pair instore felt like cheap Chinese knockoffs

:capitalism:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want a belt where the belt buckle is actually a tiny screen that plays hi-larious animated gifs for me

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

You could do a lot worse than these considering what you get for the price

Black http://www.orionleathercompany.com/1-1-4-Black-Bridle-Leather-Belt-p/32bblkdmdbldmlpbrnkll3370nksnp.htm

Brown http://www.orionleathercompany.com/1-1-4-Sunset-Brown-Harness-Leather-Domed-Belt-p/32hsntclftdmdbdmlpbrnkl3370nsn.htm

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

I paid 105 for a new belt last week and it was artisinally made by some hipster in San Francisco out of the antique hide of the last American mammoth.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i've paid more than 70 for nice dress belts, but hella sure not from men's loving wharehouse lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

could one of you belt connoisseurs tell me the best belt to use to beat someone's back+rear end in a sexual manner? tia

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
here you go OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

is that a seat belt buckle

lol if its a naruto seat belt extender

• Locked thread