Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Vitor lost to the best fighter at MW, which put him on a hard road to recovery that lead him to beating the worst fighter in the UFC. Now that hes "back" he can be on the road to losing to a good fighter again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

This post but like three years ago

Seriously. And this is a loving atom post that I'm agreeing with.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Vitor vs. Kennedy is the only sensible option

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ty1990 posted:

Listen I know you all love hendo but if the steroid guy has to knock him out to make you realize he sucks in this day in age then I will take it because Hendo has no business fighting.

are you seriously posting this like every single person on this forum including atom hasn't been saying 'hendo, retire' since everything after hendo / shogun 1?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

-Atom- posted:

In Brazil

Also give Vitor the roids just one more time

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

-Atom- posted:

Yeah

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

-Atom- posted:

Don't make me cheer for Vitor.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

-Atom- posted:

i am insanely conflicted. watching this and analysing the emotions that follow will tell me a lot about what type of man i am.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

are you seriously posting this like every single person on this forum including atom hasn't been saying 'hendo, retire' since everything after hendo / shogun 1?

Good point.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
vitor is BACK!!! to occupying exactly the same rung of the ladder he has for the past 85 years except for the time he had a picc line connecting him directly to a pit bull's testes and was only allowed to fight on a pontoon in shark infested waters surrounded by mercs on jetskis with orders to shoot on sight anyone carrying a plastic cup

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGY1J9XTXuw

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Triticum Guzzler posted:

vitor is BACK!!! to occupying exactly the same rung of the ladder he has for the past 85 years except for the time he had a picc line connecting him directly to a pit bull's testes and was only allowed to fight on a pontoon in shark infested waters surrounded by mercs on jetskis with orders to shoot on sight anyone carrying a plastic cup

lmao

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I missed the event and know the result to the main fight, are any of these fights worth watching?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Count Roland posted:

I missed the event and know the result to the main fight, are any of these fights worth watching?

Skip the maldanado fight and the magamedov was both boring and utter dominance by Ruslan. Don't watch the Hendo fight. Vitor's first strike a minute or so into the fight was all that he needed and dropped dan. Clay Guida got choked almost instantly. Funny ref gently caress up in the trujillo fight. Cowboy Almeida is awesome and there were some other really awesome fights too.

Basically skip maldanado and henderson and maybe the magamedov fights but the rest were awesome.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
All the POTN fights and the Jimmy Rivera fight which is the second on the early pre lims I think.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Thanks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Count Roland posted:

watch all 40 seconds of the Guida fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The magomedov fight was incredible and you should watch it to see one of the best strikers in any division go to work.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

gently caress is Almeida good, though I'd completely forgotten about him because I don't follow the sport too much these days.

He's very good overall, but I have a soft spot for elbows, especially as counters.

lol @ Vitor winning with the first strike he threw in the fight, please retire Henderson.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Triticum Guzzler posted:

loving lol

I don't know, it still felt like an early stoppage to me. Henderson is ancient but he still has a chin. Still, better to get a stoppage before he got really hosed up because he was gonna lose anyway

Also holy gently caress that bantamweight knockout :laffo:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Cuckoo posted:

I don't know, it still felt like an early stoppage to me. Henderson is ancient but he still has a chin. Still, better to get a stoppage before he got really hosed up because he was gonna lose anyway
If that was a fight between two young fighters it would have been slightly early, but justifiable stoppage because of how Henderson's arms briefly went limp when he was on the canvas. But given Henderson's age and how he already lost to Vitor in similar fashion two years ago there was no way anybody should have let that fight continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

I don't think it matters age of fighter or their history. You take a head kick that floors you, followed by ground and pound shots, one of which causes you to go completely limp, the fight should be stopped.

It was a good stoppage and a sad fight and I wish Dan wouldn't have knocked out Boetsch because then he might MIGHT think it's time to hang them up.

• Locked thread