Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
hahahah quickest turnaround in someone being proven wrong in their prediction of a fight, I think i had abel trujillo confused with someone who doesnt suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
every single on-paper fact about tibau is remarkable and somehow he is absolutely unremarkable which in itself is also remarkable.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
hahaha, what a terrible stop

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
lmao

That was a fight

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
also that was one of the worst stoppages that didnt involve a guy getting punched

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Tibau still pretty drat good. Might have been an early stop though. Weird.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

hahahah quickest turnaround in someone being proven wrong in their prediction of a fight, I think i had abel trujillo confused with someone who doesnt suck

i've been arguing for tibau being better than he used to be about 3 fights ago. he had a noticeable all-round improvement but especially his gas tank. he's actually got 2.5 rounds in him nowadays.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Remember what Nurmegomedov did to Trujillo?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Trujillo did stop defending and close his eyes for some dumb reason. But yeah weird stop.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

trujillo was absoltely slipping out of that too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Anik was like "good to see Keith Peterson again" and then he does an extremely bad stoppage

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

i've been arguing for tibau being better than he used to be about 3 fights ago. he had a noticeable all-round improvement but especially his gas tank. he's actually got 2.5 rounds in him nowadays.

I definitely didnt know that because i cant remember any of tibaus specific fights for the past couple years even if you had a gun to my head

That stoppage is a good example of why you usually need a little bit of BJJ knowledge to be a ref, no ones finishing an RNC at that angle, just because he looked uncomfortable doesnt mean he was passed out, trujillo made an angle out of the choke

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

probably a bad idea to close your eyes in that situation but the ref didn't do a whole lot of checking.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
That ref had a 1,000 yard stare. He knows he hosed up

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Ain't Tibaus fault, dumb ref decision.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
how the hell does Bisping have 17 UFC wins lol drat

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
By tactically always, always losing when it actually counts

It's miraculous how long he's been in the UFC with a recognizable name and never, ever touching a title shot

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

seriously that is loving incredible

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
I just looked it up and Tibau beat RDA (by split decision) back in 2011.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's miraculous how long he's been in the UFC with a recognizable name and never, ever touching a title shot

he is a tibau in a division that was giving title shots to literally anyone. it's truly incredible.

ojaman
Feb 16, 2011
I don't know, putting your hand up like your going to tap then closing your eyes and putting both your hands on the mat sends some mixed messages to the ref. He should have checked the arm though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hope the barista phil davis's glover

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

manyak posted:

one of 'em is against hamill and doesn't count. still, 16 wins is unbelievable.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

ojaman posted:

I don't know, putting your hand up like your going to tap then closing your eyes and putting both your hands on the mat sends some mixed messages to the ref. He should have checked the arm though.

yeah, its not in the top 10 of the absolute worst ref failures in UFC history, but it is pretty bad. I think you really have to grab an arm and make sure its limp before you stop it

Also, Tibau was going to win that fight, so its not a travesty.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey all. Just wanted to stop in real quick and say hi and do a home alone style curling fistpump with Yesssssss @ clay the carpenter guida losing another fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

Also, Tibau was going to win that fight, so its not a travesty.

pretty much. all the reffing mistake cost us was 14 more minutes of gleison tibau

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i've got a tenner on fabio to win this fight because he is way more of an underdog than i think he should be. with that said i can't wait to be proven hilariously wrong as corey just sits on a completely helpless guy who's probably still rocking an arnold flattop in 2015

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey all. Just wanted to stop in real quick and say hi and do a home alone style curling fistpump with Yesssssss @ clay the carpenter guida losing another fight.

same

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Maldonado looked like absolute junk against Rampage and I can't remember if I've ever seen a Corey Anderson fight so this fight is a big ol shrug for me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Maldonado looked like absolute junk against Rampage and I can't remember if I've ever seen a Corey Anderson fight so this fight is a big ol shrug for me.

corey's a good, young prospect with a really good team (frank edgar's) who showed his inexperience (7 pro fights) against gian villante. he has excellent conditioning and good handspeed. he's someone to watch.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"another" fantastic night of fights from brazil

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

i hope the barista phil davis's glover

As someone who has mostly enjoyed Glover's UFC fights, I agree, but I actually think Durkins could finish Glover instead of riding him out for 3 rounds.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Who should Belfort get next if he wins? Loser of Romero/Jacare? Luke Rockhold again if he loses maybe.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Who should Belfort get next if he wins? Loser of Romero/Jacare? Luke Rockhold again if he loses maybe.

sounds good (because either would cream him)

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Hendo wins he'll be a top 5 middleweight lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

sounds good (because either would cream him)

It would be a good loss for Rockhold to avenge.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Beastin 25/8

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahaha fabio's the loving best gently caress y'all if you're hatin

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

hahaha fabio's the loving best gently caress y'all if you're hatin

Yeah but how often is he Beastin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
dont just sit on Fabio please.. let him do the weird thing he does