Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Fault Finding in Fire Alarm systems, gently caress anything in Fire Alarm systems that isn't installing entire new systems. I loving LOVE it when I spend hours at a client's building tracing a whole bunch of faults through their lovely neglected building and then get a bunch of flak for it because since "nothing's changed" in the building what the gently caress is the Landlord getting billed for?

Had a job the other day at a cafe that decided to do a bunch of off the book modifications and hosed up the spacing on every Thermal detector by putting up a bunch of new walls. Spent four hours running new cable and putting up sensors while the Chinese lady that ran it kept telling me that her building didn't need the new sensors. Landlord refused to call accounts to figure out what was up with his billing and instead kept talking at me telling me the work had been done and he shouldn't have to pay.

Or there was that fuckin' Chinese-run flophouse where 3 of 4 bells didn't work and the landlord refused to replace them because "one was loud enough" and still wanted us to give him an all clear on his inspection.

THE WORST though are the loving flophouse landlords that let every problem accumulate over a year or two and want everything dealt with on inspection day. Of course the guy doesn't mention the panel has either a) been beeping b) been disabled c) is quite obviously irreparably hosed but he's sure to get the lowest quote possible because technically it's a tiny 6 bedroom house. Of course the boss doesn't bother having a look, and he'll schedule a gently caress ton of inspections in the same day. So you get to this loving house and because of lovely renovation jobs the wiring is hosed six ways from Sunday and the panel doesn't quite work and every sensor is absolutely hosed and the landlord guy in his loving leather jacket and BMW plays dumb and doesn't want to pay for loving anything, sometimes uttering some variation of "Well it's all part of the inspections, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Kuato posted:

I don't like my office because they don't let me hang stuff up and those sticky things don't work that good. Also don't like the organization's decision to hire a sociopath, probable schizophrenic, as an engineer. Dude hides in closets, writes weird poo poo to staff at 3AM, and obviously suffers from mental illness. No fun dealing with a guy like that, he's probably gonna shoot the place up. :shrug:

Yeah it's a sure sign of mental illness when you post about yourself in 3rd person. Forwarded this mass shooting threat to the FBI

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Jesus gently caress either find a new job or start doing what that girl is doing. I'm sure even washing dishes at a restaurant would beat your lovely setup, man.

• Locked thread