Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Pillowpants posted:

I work in payroll and no salaried position has every required that where I've worked. You're getting hosed.

the only time i've seen this is when employees are working on stuff that has billable hours to different clients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
they don't have to pay you 1.5 on sunday at your job in your state but im pretty sure they owe you 1.5 for anything 40 or over in that industry ^^^

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

Jim Barris posted:

No actually they're only obligated to pay overtime if the company in question employs over an arbitrary amount of people (i think its a 100). Since he works in a convenience store with a shady owner im gonna guess its a franchised 7-11 or something and that guy prob only employs maybe twenty people so well he doesn't have to pay overtime.

this is not true where he is

his particular job is exempt from paying people overtime period it seems, but not for that. any place with a gas station in his state is exempt from OT laws. i thought it was just sundays they were exempt.

sundays there i believe the cutoff is either 6 or 8 employees in a company in anotherwise non-exempt field

state law supersedes whatever federal bs youre quoting

keep in mind ive done his job, in his state

though its lame as poo poo because lol if the gas station part of that job is anything besides hitting a button

Hashtag GBS fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 8, 2015

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

gary oldmans diary posted:

no it doesnt
ever
literally part of the constitution

either theres no conflict or federal wins
real neato and doesnt matter

our minimum wage is higher than the federal

it requires fewer than 10 employees to lose exempt status for OT vs 100 or whatever lol number he was quoting

are you really this dumb

E: yeah, you really are this dumb lmfao idiot

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

you think really think this is a great example of state law superceding federal law that you want to lead with and its just gonna blow me out of the water or something?

you dumbass if the state minimum wage was lower than the federal minimum wage and it somehow won on that in court (which would not happen) it would be an example of state law superceding federal law
your example is a condition meeting the requirements of federal law

youre an idiot
when you figure out the rest of what you were trying to say get back to us

considering that we're talking about a state with more strict (beneficial) labor laws than the federal requires i would say that was a pretty good example

take a step back from the PC

read a loving book or something (idk maybe about how the loving world works)

and then come back when you've cooled down a few degrees

go buy a slurpee from w98

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax

meeting federal requirements does not mean it is overruling federal requirements
federal laws overrule state laws
the reverse is never true

after a few hours of concentration on this you might realize how dumb you are right now

SRY I GUESS ILL USE THE WORD OVERRIDE NEXT TIME SPERGLARD MC SPERGGGG

lol poo poo dude you further down teh spectrum than the lucky charms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
guys

lol

the stupid poo poo at my job is

quote:

gary oldmans diary