Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I've heard the word 'moe' bandied about these parts but I've never really been clear on what it means. A quick Google search reveals many conflicting answers, but I wasn't able to find anything definitive.

Goons are pretty smart, can anyone help me understand what the term 'moe' means? I remember one goon in particular posted a very thorough definition 1-2 years back but I can't find it.

In your words, goons, what does it mean to be 'moe'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
The boss of Larry and Curly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a fuckworthy trait

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

It's slang for more

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za4BKMMdrXA

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smelly Bohemian posted:

The boss of Larry and Curly.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's one of the three stooges.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The correct answer.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Cute anime girls

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLADz0_DOw

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

moe is life.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Moe money. Moe problems. :colbert:

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
http://imgur.com/ArAQKET

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

grandpa, you can embed pictures now

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all of the above, at the same time

being moe isn't easy

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

grandpa, you can embed pictures now

thanks for clicking my link youngster, moe

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
sexy 12 year olds

e:

boom boom boom posted:

Cute anime girls

yeah what he said

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drat Moe is awesome

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
it comes from the latin "en moeitus cuckum" roughly translated into english as CUCK

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hoes before moes

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Grody posted:

it comes from the latin "en moeitus cuckum" roughly translated into english as CUCK

Ahahaha, you owe me a new keyboard goon sir

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
WE ROCK AS HARD AS WE ROLL.

Founded in December 2000 in Atlanta, GA, Moe’s Southwest Grill® is a fun and engaging fast-casual restaurant franchise serving a wide variety of fresh, made-to-order Southwest fare in a welcoming environment that rocks.

The first thing you’ll hear when you walk into the restaurant is an enthusiastic, “Welcome to Moe’s! ® ” It’s more than just our rally cry. It embodies the entire culture. Everybody is welcome at Moe’s. Except, of course, fugitives.

With more than 20 incredibly fresh ingredients like all-natural chicken, grass-fed steak and organic tofu to create one-of-a-kind meals, Moe’s has everyone covered, from meat lovers to tree huggers to vegetarians and flexitarians. While we are best known for our awesome burritos, our menu also features kids’, vegetarian and low-calorie options – all served with free chips and salsa.

The only thing we don’t have: microwaves.

From our menu items with fun, pop-culture inspired names like Earmuffs, Wrong Doug, Close Talker and Joey Bag of Donuts to our killer, hand-selected playlist of tunes that pay homage to dearly departed musicians, it’s safe to say we roll to our own beat.

Moe’s currently serves the most awesome Southwest fare at more than 600 locations in the United States and abroad. In August 2007, Moe’s Southwest Grill joined FOCUS Brands Inc. Atlanta-based FOCUS Brands Inc. is the franchisor and operator of over 4,300 Carvel® Ice Cream, Cinnabon® Bakery, Schlotzsky’s® Deli, Moe’s Southwest Grill®, Auntie Anne’s® Pretzels and McAlister’s® Deli locations, as well as the franchisor of Seattle’s Best Coffee® on certain military bases and in certain international markets.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

holy poo poo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gdsdqu5XWI

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Moe, from the simpsons

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A good friend of mine in Osaka took a year of ikebana (flower arranging) classes. He found out that apparently the word 'moe' is a term that comes from ikebana traditionally. The term moe is for a flower bud that is just starting to bloom, but not quite yet. so animu nerds took it and applied it to girls. yes, moe literally means pre-pubecent, so it is nothing more than more creepy paedo poo poo.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just lol if you pronounce it like moe szyslak

e:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LbExEydMKg

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 7, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

methinks you better find this Ike Bana fellow before he diddles more kids..

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

it rhymes with ohio

Aug 4, 2010

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

lovely anime that relies on cute girls to sell their poo poo

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

blak guy games

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

a hole-y ghost posted:

blak guy games

Blak guys love anime.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
downward dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Putty posted:

downward dog
That's how a blind person knows to turn around and walk away from the cliff.

• Locked thread