Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Dogen posted:

Do you ever leave the Soviet Installation hub? I just opened a big door to somewhere and am thinking I might be on my way to a new hub. I also still don't have the shotgun and just unlocked the next tier of weapon mods. Is this game as long as it's looking right now?

See my post halfway up this page, 40 fast travel destinations total if you do all the challenge tombs (and you should). That should give you an idea of progress through the game.

Edit: Snipe, half way up the previous page :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do saplings grow back at all? I need wood for more arrows (I am a lousy shot).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so i am at the wildling base and the crazy eastern orthodox cult attacked. how far am i into the game.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I'm about there and I've done most of the side stuff and my completion percent is 33

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I love how the game has made stealth a liable strategy in most situations.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I just picked this up on Steam, because the reboot was such a nice surprise, and so far I like it a lot. It feels at is just polished what worked in the first game and then added on a bit more of what was missing, like more puzzle tombs to raid. The writing might not be all that great so far, but it works to drive the plot along without too much embarrassment.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've been hitting the screenshot button when not engrossed and it really does have some stunning at direction.
That hanging galleon is amazing.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Dongattack posted:

Do they still have the bouncy and wobbly camera when Lara moves around? It made me sicker than any game has so far and it's infuriating cause these games seem good.
Yep. I can only play for an hour or so before I start getting a headache and then I have to quit for a while before the motion sickness sets in.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VideoGames posted:

I've been hitting the screenshot button when not engrossed and it really does have some stunning at direction.
That hanging galleon is amazing.

Hey could you change the thread icon, I think people think this thread is only for the Xbox version of the game

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

The automatic headshot perk makes this game wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

Which one is that, the Triple Shot extension?

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
how the gently caress do you examine relics on pc? i've pored over every millimeter of some of them and lara doesn't say anything.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Only some of them have something to see. It'll tell you if it does, then just keep turning it around.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

calusari posted:

how the gently caress do you examine relics on pc? i've pored over every millimeter of some of them and lara doesn't say anything.

It doesn't pop right away when you get to the right spot, you have to keep it in place a couple of seconds before it unlocks. With a controller it'll start vibrating, so if you have one use it for this at least.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey could you change the thread icon, I think people think this thread is only for the Xbox version of the game

Done. Now it is referencing my favourite parts about the original Tomb Raider 2.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VideoGames posted:

Done. Now it is referencing my favourite parts about the original Tomb Raider 2.

:yeah:

Would you like a "Multi-Plat" tag for PC/Xbox, PC/PS4 and all three? I could whip those up pretty fast.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I kinda wish I could take the suppressor back off my rifle. It sounds weak with it on, and quiet time is handled with the bow.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:yeah:

Would you like a "Multi-Plat" tag for PC/Xbox, PC/PS4 and all three? I could whip those up pretty fast.

Actually, yes I would. When looking through the list there are surprisingly few tags which could apply to multiplatform games. I think maybe Facts and I should run a little icon tag competition/thread to spruce games up a little.

Whip them up and lemme chat to Facts about it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VideoGames posted:

Actually, yes I would. When looking through the list there are surprisingly few tags which could apply to multiplatform games. I think maybe Facts and I should run a little icon tag competition/thread to spruce games up a little.

Whip them up and lemme chat to Facts about it.

Here's 5 mins of work before sleep!

Multiplat

PS4/PC

XBO/PC

XBO/PS4 (thought there might be enough of these to exist, maybe?)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Here's 5 mins of work before sleep!

Multiplat

PS4/PC

XBO/PC

XBO/PS4 (thought there might be enough of these to exist, maybe?)

I really like these, thank you!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So uh, wow. This game was better than I was expecting.

I mean, I knew it was *good*, for values of "an acceptable use of my pocket cash", but man, I do wonder if this game didn't suffer for being a timed XBONE exclusive at the end of last year. After the debacle of "didn't sell enough copies" with TR1, it seems like this game was also set up to fail as well, and could have ranked much higher in GOTY rankings if it had a simultaneous PC release. Also, I am regretting buying the Season pass because Baba Yaga was way too goddamn short, and didn't give me enough corpses to loot. :argh:

Here's hoping Endurance mode scratches the itch I've been looking for, though.

Anyways, two questions:

*How I fish for chromite? I keep finding veins of the boomy stuff, but need a bit of chromite to finish off the Ancient Vanguard costume, and can't loving find any more.

* Is there a way to talk to (Baba Yaga spoiler)Baba Yaga and Dyed Yaga afterwards? Looking to see if I missed them somewhere, because I didn't see them at all when climbing around in the big room.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Presto posted:

Yep. I can only play for an hour or so before I start getting a headache and then I have to quit for a while before the motion sickness sets in.

Christ, this really really sucks. These games look absolutely gorgeous and the character development of Nu-Lara Croft is very interesting, but the freaking things make me physically ill.

ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT VIDJA GAMES

edit: can you treat motion sickness or something? its p clear to me that its not something everyone gets

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
I was so confused when looking for my own thread. Thanks for updating it for me! I'm glad more people are finally playing the game!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Glad I played on survivor mode, because the game is easy as poo poo. Bolt action rifle, with a grenade launcher, what? Alot of fun though.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Presto posted:

Definitely something going on with the camera. I usually never have problems with games but the moment I get into a cave and look around, my head starts feeling like poo poo too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Huntsekker posted:

I was so confused when looking for my own thread. Thanks for updating it for me! I'm glad more people are finally playing the game!

To be fair, PC release was, what, three, four days ago?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Beat the game with 100% completion on survivor difficulty at 36 hours. Was a pretty good game, and the ending was longer than 5 mins(maybe like 6) better than the 30s ending videos so many games have now. If you got the Baba Yaga DLC for the walking chicken house, you can get a bow that adds a confuse to the poison and an outfit that increases the poison cloud size. It makes all heavies in the game a joke.

As a game I would say its like a balanced breakfast, it has alittle of everything. I really like the games that are moderate to do a full completion and not a drudge to farm boring mini games forever.

From the ending video, it looks like the next game is in Spain or Mexico

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 2, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lara, you are the worst archaeologist.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That's a funny way of spelling "best".

Also, got a chance to play Endurance Mode. Holy poo poo, is that an amazing game mode, and I love it so loving much.

I am not normally a survival game kind of person, mind, but Endurance Mode is the right answer to the question "what can we do instead of a stupid online multiplayer mode". It's just a shame that it cost :10bux:, but given that I got game + season pass for around $60 anyways (all hail GMG and 27% off retail code + pricematched 10% discount from Steam for a game that activates on Steam anyways) I'm not too cheesed. I just play with all of the extra annoying costume DLC packed in turned off.

I only regret that as I play Endurance Mode, as I explore farther and farther away from my starting point, my computer proceeds to bog down harder and harder to the point that it's a slideshow. I think it's because it's trying to render EVERYTHING in the simulation, and not just the immediate area around me. (Playing on a 3-year-old workstation laptop, that's three strikes against on my part. Honestly, I'm just glad that I was able to even play the single player mode with reasonable framerates. I can't wait for the new graphics cards to come out so I can build me a new gaming rig.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 2, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This game is really, really good. I'm halfway through the Baba Yaga DLC. I'm really glad that it seamlessly adds itself to the game. I did the Voice of God tomb and was curious as to why some rickety boards were jutting out of the mountain by the entrance and just a little too far away for me to jump to.

Returning to camp and discovering that they'd planned for the DLC made me smile.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, I had the same thought. I almost jumped out of my seat in anger that this was Day One DLC that they had carved out of the base game, but then I calmed myself down and reminded myself that this was, in fact, not Day One, since ROTTR had been out for several months on the XBONE already, and this was actually the second DLC. Not my moral dilemma. =P

edit: Oh, hilarious. Forum replaces XBONE with XBONE. I'd almost forgotten that substitutions was a thing. Can't remember the last time I ever saw "gently caress" either.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 2, 2016

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
I like this game and I am looking forward to DLC-s and the next one. Lara is even better at stalking the enemy while swimming under the ice and pulling them into icy deaths followed by a pickax in their skull than Soap MacTavish ever was.

Survival difficulty isn't hard if one's aim is true, but then I carelessly let myself get impaled by a sword in the endurance challenge. Permadeath modifier is a nice touch.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is there really no way to turn the camera bouncing off? I've never had motion sickness from a game before, but this camera is ruining me.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Kind of a random question but I figure this is the thread to ask it. Anyone play Lara Croft GO that feels like helping out with a puzzle?

Things I know (or think I know):
The boulder has to sit on the black switch so that I can cross the platform safely
The croc monster has to trigger the boulder so that it doesn't squish me

I can get the torch and get the column in position to stop the boulder but I can't for the life of me figure out how to push the croc back far enough to hit the switch.

edit: nm I just figured it out. Just me being completely dense and missing a step.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 2, 2016

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I just finished the game last night. It really felt like I was basically playing an Indiana Jones movie except as a game with a British girl who grunts a lot. Stealth-killing enemies is a lot of fun, especially when I got my bow upgraded to the point where I could do 3 simultaneous headshots. The story was pretty good. Very Last Crusade although I pretty much knew what was going to happen and what the "big reveal" was going to be by about the 25% point.

I liked the outfit system too, but I felt like some of the cooler outfits were a bit too hard to get, resource-wise. Animal hides were always in short supply for me so I wish there were more deer around in general. I am glad that Lara always had weather-appropriate clothing. How far she's come as a character since the days where she was just a walking boob joke!

Oh and I'm very sad that Jonah was in the game and not Sam. I'm not like a serious Lara/Sam shipper a la Tumblr, but I really liked their dynamic together as friends. Jonah doesn't have much of a personality.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I cannot find the last goddamn full auto shotgun box for the life of me. Also I am missing one container somewhere in the installation hub.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rosalind posted:

I just finished the game last night. It really felt like I was basically playing an Indiana Jones movie except as a game with a British girl who grunts a lot. Stealth-killing enemies is a lot of fun, especially when I got my bow upgraded to the point where I could do 3 simultaneous headshots. The story was pretty good. Very Last Crusade although I pretty much knew what was going to happen and what the "big reveal" was going to be by about the 25% point.

It was really Last Crusade and Indiana Jones 1. I will no longer consider future games Tomb Raider games if they do not have females being choked. Its almost iconic for this series now and should be like on the cover of the cd case.

Dogen posted:

I cannot find the last goddamn full auto shotgun box for the life of me. Also I am missing one container somewhere in the installation hub.

If you can see it on your map, press enter to waypoint it and it will show up in the wallhack as a blue pillar of light. I want to say it is in a cave below the way up to the Gulag that requires explosive arrows, which is one of the last platform/weapon upgrades you get.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 2, 2016

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It was a cave you had to explosive into, pretty shallow. Only thing in there was the strongbox. I found it like 2 minutes after posting that in frustration.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Have people been having trouble with the PC port for this game? I was probably going to buy it on Steam tonight, but I'm reading some reports saying that it's kind of wonky and will arbitrarily suffer massive frame hitches at times when there isn't even much going on in the scene. Other sources say it's fine, and looks amazing as long as you don't try to completely max out every graphics setting (I have a 970 and don't mind setting a few things to medium or whatever is necessary). Were the negative articles just using pre-release versions of the game with issues that have since been ironed out?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have an I5-2500k, 16GB of RAM and a 970 and it runs flawlessly. It's a constant 60fps with the graphics in the screenshots I posted earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Have people been having trouble with the PC port for this game? I was probably going to buy it on Steam tonight, but I'm reading some reports saying that it's kind of wonky and will arbitrarily suffer massive frame hitches at times when there isn't even much going on in the scene. Other sources say it's fine, and looks amazing as long as you don't try to completely max out every graphics setting (I have a 970 and don't mind setting a few things to medium or whatever is necessary). Were the negative articles just using pre-release versions of the game with issues that have since been ironed out?

I had massive issues at first but I just turned off anti aliasing. I played at a 3440x1440 resolution and it was one pretty game.

Everything else maxed out.

• Locked thread