Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Can't wait till this releases tomorrow! I'm really really excited about playing it, in no small part because Tomb Raider 2013 was super gay and I kinda hope that continues at least in part in the sequel. Can anyone confirm/deny? At the very least I hope Sam makes a return.

In any event, very excited and looking forwards to it. Shame ROTR didn't seem more popular than it was, but a delayed launch will do that I suppose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

well that's lame. Oh well! Should still be a fun and cool game

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I preordered Arkham Knight in Q1 last year, didn't play it till December. Meh, it was better than dying light atleast.

you take that back.

Anyway the game is quite good, but it is pretty punishing graphically. My laptop with a 960m can just about barely run it, my desktop with a 970 and haswell i5 does fine, but the frame rate varies anywhere from 30-60FPS. It's the sort of game that'd benefit heavily from GSYNC methinks.

Also it's a ton of fun and the gameplay is great, but man the story is not doing it for me. Nowhere near as good as the first Tomb Raider. I'm not just saying that because I think Sam and Lara made a great couple either, the conflict is basically nonexistent and the cast of characters I can engage with is negligible.

Then again I really really loved the 2013 Tomb Raider, it was by far one of my favourite games of the past four years or so.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

oh well no wonder I was getting poor performance on my 970, I didn't install the latest driver for the game :downs:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

the fact that you can't remove silencers is the stupidest thing.

E: also stupid question, I bought the tactical rifle from the store when it opened but can't seem to equip it. Any help?

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 3, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I was getting really lovely framerates on my 970, then I updated my drivers and now I have a solid 45-60 on high @ 1080p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

don't buy the pistol suppressor because you can't take it off and the guns sound terrible suppressed

• Locked thread