Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

sellouts posted:

Also why would anyone waste time discussing xbox one here, the thread is full of gimmicks. I know several posters that just go elsewhere to read what's going on.

That being said this is a really fun game and really good looking. Save points are well done when I fat finger a timing (I'm bad so this is more often than I'd like to admit)

Is everyone putting their first point into the extra XP perk? Seems like a faster way to level -- after that though I'm not sure what to go for. Maybe dodge counter?

I like this game a lot, it's fun and there's a lot of stuff to do and decent treasures and rewards for doing side quests and exploring.

I got the dodge and the second tier deadly counter but honestly I don't think I've have the chance to use it since I never get into melee fights, can't remember when I've gotten to use the counter, except maybe when the bear attacked me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Also: don't skip out on the crypts and strongboxes, they have parts to form new weapons and stuff that makes the game better. And always be looting.

There's definitely a ton of stuff to do. I'm still in Siberia and spent 8 hours doing missions and finding boxes and still at only 65% of that one area. There's definitely a lot of backtracking after you unlock abilities just to go get to previously locked tombs.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Is the voice acting still as blocky and awful as the first one? I felt like the voice actors were intentionally channeling the PSX era with their deliveries.

The voice recordings she finds along the way are really stale and uninspired, like they just found some guy on the street to read them out loud. And everyone in this ancient Siberian village has an American accent, as do the ancient Byzantine Knights, go figure.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Mailer posted:

don't bother grinding for 100%.

This is true for all games.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Is there another exploration area after getting the atlas? I have a quest to explore 9 tombs that I'm at 7/9 on but there's only 1 tomb showing on any of the current areas. Does this quest include crypts too?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

magimix posted:

Yes, one of the last larger areas has a tomb. And what you get for *doing* all the tombs is loving cool as hell also.

is it the ancient bow with leopard print? I think I'm at 3/4 pieces on that.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
actually i want the grim whisper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

The Fool posted:

So which writer from Ubisoft got a job at Crystal Dynamics but didn't get Assassins Creed out of his system? I mean, I'm only an hour into it, but the whole Templars chasing down a piece of Eden and being opposed by a lone Assassin story is pretty obvious.

Take out the names and it's every video game story ever made.

Solid Snake vs the Patriots
Mario vs. Bowser/his army
Sheppard vs. The Reapers
Master Chief vs. The covenant/flood/forerunners
Pac Man vs. The ghosts

• Locked thread