Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tomb Raider has been one of my games since I first got 1 on the Playstation. I am really looking forward to this for my PC. It still remains the only series where I can say "Yup, completed each of them!"

Most of them released right around my birthday so it was usually one of the gifts I got (or got myself) and I would then complete them that week. Last years reboot is also one of only a handful of games that 100%ing did not feel tiresome or a chore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly, I just started playing this and it is utterly beautiful. The graphics are flooring me. Not to mention the gameplay is just as great as TR2013!

So glad they released it sooner rather than later!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've been hitting the screenshot button when not engrossed and it really does have some stunning at direction.
That hanging galleon is amazing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Hey could you change the thread icon, I think people think this thread is only for the Xbox version of the game

Done. Now it is referencing my favourite parts about the original Tomb Raider 2.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

:yeah:

Would you like a "Multi-Plat" tag for PC/Xbox, PC/PS4 and all three? I could whip those up pretty fast.

Actually, yes I would. When looking through the list there are surprisingly few tags which could apply to multiplatform games. I think maybe Facts and I should run a little icon tag competition/thread to spruce games up a little.

Whip them up and lemme chat to Facts about it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Here's 5 mins of work before sleep!

Multiplat

PS4/PC

XBO/PC

XBO/PS4 (thought there might be enough of these to exist, maybe?)

I really like these, thank you!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This game is really, really good. I'm halfway through the Baba Yaga DLC. I'm really glad that it seamlessly adds itself to the game. I did the Voice of God tomb and was curious as to why some rickety boards were jutting out of the mountain by the entrance and just a little too far away for me to jump to.

Returning to camp and discovering that they'd planned for the DLC made me smile.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have an I5-2500k, 16GB of RAM and a 970 and it runs flawlessly. It's a constant 60fps with the graphics in the screenshots I posted earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FuriousGeorge posted:

I'm curious what settings you're using. I have the same setup and I'm getting about 35-50 fps running it @ 1920x1200, everything maxed except using SMAA.

I'm running 1920 x 1080.
I've double buffering vsync, SMAA, exclusive fullscreen.
and then this in the graphics tab:

• Locked thread