Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

So which writer from Ubisoft got a job at Crystal Dynamics but didn't get Assassins Creed out of his system? I mean, I'm only an hour into it, but the whole Templars chasing down a piece of Eden and being opposed by a lone Assassin story is pretty obvious.

That being said, if the Assassins Creed games were more like Tomb Raider, then I'd probably still be playing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Because video games?

Also, who said "great writing?" The game's story is standard video game "find the macguffin before the evil people" fare. You don't play this game for the writing, you play it because it's a light metroidvania, and it lets you climb around on cool looking set pieces.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Dogen posted:

Do you ever leave the Soviet Installation hub? I just opened a big door to somewhere and am thinking I might be on my way to a new hub. I also still don't have the shotgun and just unlocked the next tier of weapon mods. Is this game as long as it's looking right now?

The Soviet hub is one of two large hubs that you go back to multiple times.

• Locked thread