Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Oh man, Pinkel. Wow. I've said some dumb poo poo about him in anger but he really turned our program from a total joke to a contender. He's also a really good guy. I hope he does well. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

Look Sir Droids posted:

Here's the SEC rundown on car production:

Alabama: Mercedes, Hyundai
Tennessee: Nissan, VW (lol)
South Carolina: BMW and maybe something with Honda?
Mississippi: Small Nissan plant
Georgia: Ford

The Hapeville and Atlanta Ford plants no longer exist, but Georgia has an enormous Kia assembly plant and several Honda and Mercedes parts plants to go along with Mercedes HQ.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I guess Pinkel's actions this week make more sense if he knew he was on his way out anyway.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

SmellsLikeToast posted:

The Hapeville and Atlanta Ford plants no longer exist, but Georgia has an enormous Kia assembly plant and several Honda and Mercedes parts plants to go along with Mercedes HQ.

My uncle is rent a cop for Kia and he likes to talk up THAT TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE THAT THE SUPERIOR GEORGIA TECH HAS meanwhile he is from NJ with no college degree, looks like a fat wolverine, and bakes terrible bread so what I am saying is gently caress Kia and gently caress GA Tech

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Notorious ZSB posted:

man gently caress formatting but I've got a flow chart for this:

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

tranime scholar posted:

Oh man, Pinkel. Wow. I've said some dumb poo poo about him in anger but he really turned our program from a total joke to a contender. He's also a really good guy. I hope he does well. :smith:

If he was a lovely coach who went 4-8 every year would you hope for aggressive metastatic cancer?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

VDay posted:

It's about where a normal logo would be on a helmet, and we're doing it as a way to thank SEALs specifically since our team's been working with some during their offseason training I guess, so it's not like it's just some super random thing we made up.

I think at this point I might just be so used to Adidas putting the same barbed wire fence garbage on all of our uniforms that anything that's actually kind of unique and neat automatically gets a pass from me.

It's bad rear end. I'm surprised they're doing it.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Sab0921 posted:

If he was a lovely coach who went 4-8 every year would you hope for aggressive metastatic cancer?

I would blame the team's poor performance on racist referees

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Sab0921 posted:

We had those for 20-something years and no, I don't.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sab0921 posted:

Shut up, Sab

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

SmellsLikeToast posted:

I'm pretty sure Kentucky is the king of car manufacturing in the SEC. Currently it has 2 ford plants, Toyota, and the Corvette plant.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Nvm

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

CoronaryBypass posted:

I'm pretty sure Kentucky is the king of car manufacturing in the SEC. Currently it has 2 ford plants, Toyota, and the Corvette plant.

Not too surprising id guess given their proximity to the Midwest.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Is there a book that someone can recommend me about the car manufacturing and assembly plants in the South? This is such a fascinating topic!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Is there a book that someone can recommend me about the car manufacturing and assembly plants in the South? This is such a fascinating topic!

Not a book but if you want to see how messed up American car manufacturing is, this episode of This American Life is a face palm inducing overview of GM and the UAW pretty much bumbling their way into bankruptcy via stubbornness. I also know you were being sarcastic and want this topic to die.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Alabama has Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes, and Toyota. We also have Airbus, a bunch of space/military manufacturing, and Heil, which is the company that makes garbage trucks/etc for most of the country. Being maybe the most hostile state in the country to unions brings the factories in.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I don't know if it's still this way, but when I was in college, you could double alabama's property taxes, and they'd still be the lowest in the country :eng101:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Emron posted:

I don't know if it's still this way, but when I was in college, you could double alabama's property taxes, and they'd still be the lowest in the country :eng101:

Why else would you want to own property in Alabama?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Zoran posted:

Alabama definitely has a low cost of living, but it comes at a price. Although there are certainly worse places to live.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LLCoolJD posted:

Alabama definitely has a low cost of living, but it comes at a price. Although there are certainly worse places to live.

Mississippi

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

go3 posted:

Mississippi

every state that borders alabama tbh

tennessee is really pretty but has vol fans

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Zoran posted:

Owning property in Alabama just hasn't been the same since 1865.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Since schools use money from property taxes for funding and Alabama has low property taxes maybe that's why it's a lovely state with no industry?

Although it is very pretty to drive through :-).

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

tell that to the NCAA

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Zoran posted:

I grew up on a beach in Alabama and, admittedly, it was loving great. Would do again.

But anywhere else in the state - absolutely not.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Doronin posted:

I grew up on a beach in Alabama and, admittedly, it was loving great. Would do again.

But anywhere else in the state - absolutely not.

You're forgetting our wonderful lakes

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Orange Beach in Alabama is really nice and it doesn't fill up with as many spring break shitheads as the Florida beaches

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

surrender posted:

Orange Beach in Alabama is really nice and it doesn't fill up with as many spring break shitheads as the Florida beaches

This is debatable. You don't get the UF or FSU students but you do get the Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee students

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I lived in Alabama for a short time as a child until our apartment was literally destroyed by a tornado. gently caress Alabama.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

kittenmittons posted:

I lived in Alabama for a short time as a child until our apartment was literally destroyed by a tornado. gently caress Alabama.

Yeah Alabama was asking for it dressed like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Cole posted:

Yeah Alabama was asking for it dressed like that.

Well if it doesn't want to have tornadoes, why doesn't it just move?

• Locked thread