Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M sucks and I pray for death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That OoB no-call was complete horseshit, but man oh man did Sparty have a bad game. The entire first half was not great (1st quarter was especially bad), our ST is terrible, our corners are terrible, and the drops we had in the 1st half came back to bite us. When you're giving up 40+ though, you can't put too much fault on the offense. B10 title is technically still in play but I can't see us making it past Ohio State. It's a flawed team and I wasn't expecting us to win the whole thing this year, but it woulda been kinda nice making it to OSU undefeated.

:(

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So... whose Heisman campaign didn't come crashing down this weekend? Fournette's gone. Boykin's gone. I guess Cook is still a possibility, even with the 2 losses for his team.

Is it Henry (ugh) and McCaffrey now?

Macintyre
May 6, 2006
Slow Rider

GobiasIndustries posted:

That OoB no-call was complete horseshit, but man oh man did Sparty have a bad game. The entire first half was not great (1st quarter was especially bad), our ST is terrible, our corners are terrible, and the drops we had in the 1st half came back to bite us. When you're giving up 40+ though, you can't put too much fault on the offense. B10 title is technically still in play but I can't see us making it past Ohio State. It's a flawed team and I wasn't expecting us to win the whole thing this year, but it woulda been kinda nice making it to OSU undefeated.

:(

As a long time MSU fan, I want to be super upset, but then I remember the 'bad years' when we would've killed for even an 8 win season. Still more games to go, hopefully we can manage another win or two and spend the near years bowling somewhere decent.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

That OoB no-call was complete horseshit

As a non-partisan observer, seconded.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Not surprised, per se, to lose to Northwestern. Ten straight games is rough. Lousy to lose after having a chance to wrap it up once and for all after coming back from what seemed like an impossible hole.

I mean, NW should have won by 10 and didn't. They had plenty of chances to not make it a close game and Penn State left too many chances for Northwestern to have won in the first place.

Hard to feel bad about this loss. poo poo game from Hack. Good showing by the defense, Barkley is a super exciting true freshman, but Franklin continues to be a sub-par gameday coach. Despite the loss, it's somewhat encouraging to see the scores coming off some unconventional stuff (wildcat, trick plays), but Hack threw his first pick in forever and, as usual, had plenty of should-have-beens by heaving it into tight/double coverage. And, in fact, several of the nice pass plays were great catches off bad throws. Considering the fact that Penn State knocked out NW's starting QB early in the game, the fact that it was so tight was a pleasant surprise.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If they just pick the ball off the play before this isn't even an issue. The paper thin Swiss cheese secondary could only hold out for so long this season but man it sucks to lose the lead on a player blatantly taking himself out of bounds. Oh well, still plenty of football left to play and who knows what can happen the rest of the season. Hope yall are well.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

So... whose Heisman campaign didn't come crashing down this weekend? Fournette's gone. Boykin's gone. I guess Cook is still a possibility, even with the 2 losses for his team.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan went for two while up twenty five points in the 2nd half vs Rutgers today, this is why:

quote:

Despite being down by 19 points heading into the locker room at halftime, a swarm of Rutgers players decided to use it as a reason to talk smack to Wolverines' players heading into the tunnel and it fired up not only the players, but head coach Jim Harbaugh as well.

"Coach was kind of mad because those guys were excited being down 19 at half and they were celebrating," cornerback Jourdan Lewis said. "He wanted to put points up on the board and make sure we established our dominance over them. They were celebrating and coach was pretty mad about that. I can't really repeat what he said at halftime (laughs), but it was a lot. He wanted to bring that fire back in the second half and finish them off."

so glad that Rutgers is in the Big 10

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Macintyre posted:

As a long time MSU fan, I want to be super upset, but then I remember the 'bad years' when we would've killed for even an 8 win season. Still more games to go, hopefully we can manage another win or two and spend the near years bowling somewhere decent.

Oh no kidding! I was there during the John-L years and the start of the Dantonio era and had been a fan growing up, so I know true despair; this just sucks a bit. I'm thinking 10-2 and we'll see what comes from the bowl game.

edit:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The paper thin Swiss cheese secondary could only hold out for so long this season

yeah the secondary has been a time bomb this year, there's nobody back there at all.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

kayakyakr posted:

I don't expect a Big 12 player to win, but the dark horse candidate from our conference is… Baker Mayfield. :smug:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan went for two while up twenty five points in the 2nd half vs Rutgers today, this is why:

so glad that Rutgers is in the Big 10

You now, their coach is a lunatic but I can't argue with this. Wanna talk poo poo when you are down 19? Lets bury you.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Democratic Pirate posted:

A&M sucks and I pray for death
An 8-4 season is probably what I would've predicted but drat if it won't turn out to be hugely disappointing anyway

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

My dude Justin Jackson had a career-high 186 yards today, and SOLOMON VAULT (!) had another kickoff return TD.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Of course Sparty fails to do what Purdue did because Big 10.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

a rowdy mullet posted:

Came to post this, that sure escalated quickly :stare:

A guy who goes there posted about it in D&D:

quote:

Everything about the situation at Mizzou is a loving poo poo show at the moment. At the beginning of the semester Mizzou gave graduate students something ridiculous like less than 72 hour notice we were losing our health insurance. Then they tried to take tuition waivers away from grad students working quarter time, which of course, disproportionately harms humanities departments. Then the student body president got called a friend of the family on campus, which the chancellor took something like 6 days to respond to. Then the Legion of Black Collegians got called niggers by a student while they were organizing their homecoming protest. Then the Chancellor ended our relationship with Planned Parenthood that had let med students perform clinical hours at PP and gave PP doctors clinical privileges at the University Hospital, which was the only thing that allowed them to perform abortions in Columbia. Then someone drew a swastika in one of the dorms in feces.

Columbia's Yik-Yak right now has a bunch of hilarious jokes like "how do you starve a friend of the family? hide his welfare check under his work boots." I also saw a picture of a monkey being distributed as a picture of Jonathan Butler, the student on the hunger strike. Yesterday, morning djs were debating whether or not they should send Butler Taco Bell. Oh yea! I forgot, the LBC protested the homecoming parade by stepping in front of the president's car. His driver promptly revved his engine continuously and bumped two of the students. Oh ya! and during one of the marches in the wake of the student body president being called a friend of the family some white kid was yelling about how it was a violation of his free speech for the black students to hold a rally in the speaker's circle and not let him blare techno music over them. Anyway, the point is everything about this school is super hosed up right now. I have hope that JB will actually succeed in his hunger strike though. Partially because of this video of our wonderful president supposedly after allowing protesting students to be sprayed with sprinklers. This dude is totally unfit to run a university. There is no way the curators are not forced to face this fact. Hopefully.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

R.D. Mangles posted:

My dude Justin Jackson had a career-high 186 yards today, and SOLOMON VAULT (!) had another kickoff return TD.

Between this guy, the Rutgers guy, and the Maryland guy, the Big 10's return game is on point both in having dudes who are amazing at it and also have sweet names

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I turned off the Nebraska game when Sparty scored in the 4th quarter. :negative:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Is it weird that I am more proud of a 4-5 team than I ever was of a team that won 2 division titles? They might be bad on offense, but... I'm just so drat happy. Jonathan Butler needed them to join his fight.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hey! That was me! It's fun when you know people read your posts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Luigi Thirty posted:

Holy poo poo. That sounds terrible.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Holy poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington is poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol sounds like that guy was hired to run a university like a business

e: ahahaha I looked it up and he was an IBM exec.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol sounds like that guy was hired to run a university like a business

Basically Iowas new President was.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know you can't bitch about ref calls but drat did Michigan State get screwed.

:magical:

A Man and his dog fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 8, 2015

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska needed any of victory, but yeah, that was pretty loving silly.

E: Riley requested AND RECEIVED 10 — count them, ten — hip-hip-hoorays from the team in the locker room after the game. That's how much this one meant to us :v:

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 8, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alabama is going to grind us into dust.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That Works posted:

Basically Iowas new President was.

He has no experience in higher education and repeatedly lied on his resume but he has a strong background in rotisserie chicken and frozen pizza and really what is the difference?

The Iowa board of regents is the goddamn worse

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i would feel bad about it if connor cook hadnt stupidly frittered away their last seven seconds for no reason instead of throwing an easy pass to get his team in range for a game winning FG

i mean that is what would have happened, the husker secondary is a joke

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
We've been saying the Tiger D is good, and by god they're gonna sack the President.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i mean that is what would have happened, the husker secondary is a joke

Yes and yet this was probably their best game of the season too.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Sorry Sparty.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

Alabama is going to grind us into dust.

Oh yeah.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
gently caress BIG TEN REFS, gently caress FOOTBALL AND gently caress ME.

I'm normally very good about telling myself "hey, it's just sports, move on with your day" as well as "you can't blame the refs because the team shouldn't have been in that position" but WHAT THE gently caress. I was at a concert for most of this game, watching on my phone during soundchecks, and it looked like we had it in hand when I got out and went to the Walgreens across the street for a water (coincidentally there's an MSU bar right next to it that I decided against going into). Figured I'd watch the defensive stand, grab my drink and go home happy, and then this loving horseshit. I have NEVER been this angry about a sporting event or let it ruin my night. I had to call my dad to make sure he wasn't near any sharp objects but I was literally shaking with rage in this loving Walgreens. gently caress.

Guess I won't be as mad about the Ohio State loss two weeks from now.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Henchman of Santa posted:

WHAT THE gently caress. I was at a concert for most of this game

Indeed

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

A&M wasn't supposed to be good this year but it would've be nice if they surprised me.

Also I'm glad TCU got stomped and the guy who was getting mad at people for calling them poo poo hasn't responded.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

this week owns

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Life would be better if I had just missed the whole drat thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Real Name Grover posted:

Yes and yet this was probably their best game of the season too.

the one big thing i have taken away from this season so far, and the reason i'm liking Riley is the incredible poise and high morale the team has shown this year. yeah the defense sucks and is trash but i've not seen them give up or roll over once this year.

• Locked thread