Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

N: Georgia won.
V: :unsmith:
N: Georgia scored some TDs.
V: :unsmith:

Dawgs' best QB is now a freshman WR. I 'unno. Team played hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

yeah

now that michigan is back and penn state is okay, it really sucks rear end how these divisions are set up, i'm ready to embrace being the georgia of the north

It's a hell of a lot better than the previous four or five decades. I'm trying to figure out if I'd prefer to win a New Year's Bowl game or lose in the playoff.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
So, a number of the Tigers good players are taking part in the strike:

quote:

The players in the picture I can identify are Charles Harris, Ish Witter, Finis Stribling, Russell Hansbrough, J'Mon Moore, Anthony Sherrils, Aarion Penton, Trevon Walters, Thomas Wilson, Jason Reese, Nate Brown, Grant Jones, Chase Abbington, Keyon Dilosa, Ian Simon Kevin Pendleton, Cam Hilton, Clarence Green, Kentrell Brothers, Marvin Zanders, Spencer Williams, DeSean Blair, Rickey Hatley, John Gibson. Could be more.

Hopefully they follow through with this.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So, uh, what happened to Michigan State?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

You'll hear a lot of ppl say "refs," but honestly they just didn't put it away when they had the chance.

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Thoguh posted:

they got exposed like the frauds that they are

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Bullshit penalty that shouldn't have been called

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Thoguh posted:

the team played exactly the same as it has all season and someone finally made us pay

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's a hell of a lot better than the previous four or five decades. I'm trying to figure out if I'd prefer to win a New Year's Bowl game or lose in the playoff.

after john l, I think im going to be happy for any bowl experience, especially because dantonio is showing me that we can actually win them

i'm almost happy in a way now that the expectation of the playoff is gone this year. now i can just watch the games and be happy that we are going to the postseason at all

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

Scarf posted:

You'll hear a lot of ppl say "refs," but honestly they just didn't put it away when they had the chance.

MSU's defense on Nebraska's TD drive (before the game winning drive) was a textbook example of 'how to not play defense when up by two scores'. They deserved to lose.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really glad Auburn won this week. I am less and less convinced they can stop Georgia's run game so I think this was a must win.

For the rest of the season, I think Georgia is 50/50, Idaho should be a win, and the iron bowl is probably a loss but keeping bama out of the playoffs would be the greatest thing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Man, that loss doesn't feel much better this morning, but really that phantom push wasn't the reason MSU lost the game. Our last possession we absolutely should have let Cook throw it, he had a great 2nd half and the fact that we didn't trust him at all and went for that stupid sweep instead of trying to throw was terrible. Everyone knew Nebraska would be able to march down the field with the state our secondary is in, might as well put it in the hands of your senior QB and let him try to ice it.

Either way, we probably should have had a loss or two earlier this year; after the first few games I figured we would lose to OSU and possibly UM so I guess this 10-2 is better than the 10-2 I predicted. Considering how great our secondary has been the past few years, this has been a huge let-down.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 8, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Since Alabama lost to a fraud of a team and LSU lost to a really good team I demand the committee takes this into account and keeps LSU ahead of Alabama.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Bullshit penalty that shouldn't have been called

Intredasting... If only there was some baylor vs msu parallel there... Hmm... It definitely couldnt have been offensive face mask on a td with four min left could it?? But as an unbiased fan i cant think of anything!! Baylor also failed to put it away with two missed kicks and then a bad ref call defense sucks away sucks no qb sucks no d line sicks but at least were at home despite every loser ou fan coming and screaming boomer into my ears i dont wanna hear that id rather hear new baylor fans complain that every play isnt a touchdown cause at least thats the right attitude (Champs 2016)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

JonathonSpectre posted:

I think someone has told FSU's OL that penalties are what NFL scouts are looking for in a lineman.

Ah well. We had our chances. I want Clemson to win out so Dabo's Pizza Party becomes a real thing that happens.

Haven't watched the replay yet so i don't know how it came across on tv but it was loud as poo poo their last night. All those delay of games and false starts was from the crowd.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Prevent defense on Nebraska's last drive put them in good position, then they threw a touchdown on a play where the receiver was out of bounds for like eight yards but the refs decided he was pushed out despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I just watched the Arkansas/Ole Miss game and wow, what a wonderful experience. It's been such a long, dry period that it's great to see things looking up!

:razorback::razorfront:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

some old hussy posted:

Les Miles has been completely lobotomized since the Jarrett Lee pick-6 bonanza in 2008.

How can you tell

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

Definitely a serious post and not making fun of Nebraska fans.

I wanna see how far TCU falls. I imagine inertia saves them from dropping too far but their resume is really bad. They just got smoked by the only good team they've played, and what is their best win? Barely beating Minnesota? Barely beating Texas Tech?

They literally have a worse resume than most of the non-P5 teams with only one loss. Temple, Navy, Memphis all look way better than TCU, whose best win is against a 4-4 West Virginia.

Also lost in the shuffle is the fact that, despite their win against LSU, Bama is gonna end up with the same number of wins over currently ranked teams this week than they had last week, thanks to Aggie making GBS threads the bed, and their loss will also be against a non-ranked team. They played a heck of a game, but I'd argue that they still don't have a better resume than Notre Dame.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So who do you guys think will be #4 on Tuesday? One of the ESPN "experts" thinks it will be Oklahoma State but I'm not convinced the committee will jump someone 10 spots.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

quote:

Remember Michigan fans complaining about the John O'Neill led officiating crew after loss to MSU? Care to guess which crew did MSU/Nebraska?

Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) November 8, 2015

lol

can't wait for them to be unpunished again and get the Michigan/Ohio State game as a reward or some stupid poo poo

In non ref related news, Jourdan Lewis picked up his 19th pass breakup on the season, setting the Michigan single season record with 4 games to go (or 5 :colbert: )

Kind of a weird season as teams still throw at him fairly often. He's definitely not that unstoppable shutdown corner as MSU and Minnesota did have some mixed success versus him, but at the same time there's a reason most opposing qbs have had completion %s at or below 50% vs this team even when they put up some yards.

I feel Michigan's biggest problem by far vs Ohio State is going to be Barrett keeping on the read option/any sort of scramble. Michigan's safeties and linebackers have not handled this well against much less talented QBs. Pretty concerned with that match up, and kind of thinking it will win Ohio State the game at the moment.. Feeling good against the two upcoming pressure prone statue QBs though. Michigan has a top 5 or so d-line in the country, so I'm expecting a lot of success in those games.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

So who do you guys think will be #4 on Tuesday? One of the ESPN "experts" thinks it will be Oklahoma State but I'm not convinced the committee will jump someone 10 spots.

Hell no. Their other 8 wins were shaky as hell... #4 will be regretfully ND.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

some old hussy posted:

Les Miles has been completely lobotomized since the Jarrett Lee pick-6 bonanza in 2008. His entire tenure has been characterized by killing the offense in certain games to run his 75% run gameplan (Auburn 2006 comes to mind neutering a Jimbo Fisher attack led by JaMarcus, Dwayne Bowe, Buster Davis, and Early Doucet). Early on though the OC still had fluidity to call some really good games (Miss St. and Notre Dame in 06 under Fisher, VT and Ohio State especially under Gary loving Crowton in 07.) After that though Ryan Perrilloux got kicked off the team and Freshman Jarrett Lee was thrown to the wolves far before he was ready. Ever since then it's been Les Miles bullshit, including benching a productive Lee for a God-awful Jordan Jefferson in 2011, with a slight hiatus due to having an NFL offense on campus in 2013.

The team this year and next year returning almost the entire offense are unbelievably talented. Brandon Harris has incredible talent. Derrius Guice would be a superstar if not for having to play behind Fournette. Dupre and Dural are studs as well as true freshman Tyron Johnson. And it is all going to be wasted by Les Miles believing the only way to win football games is to pound the rock and control the clock, despite being shown time and again, at every level of the sport, that there multiple avenues to victory which should all be utilized. It doesn't help that the majority of the LSU fan base seems to view the "spread" offense (as if there is only one type) as some new-fangled doohickey, never mind the fact that 7 of the past 10 national championships have been won by variations of the spread offense, rather than "traditional" i.e. "Les Miles bullshit" offenses.

I would love to see someone sit down with Les and watch New England Patriots game tape and the way they dominate offensively without a "pro-style" offense.

I could live a hundred lifetimes and never, ever understand why Les Miles was so loyal to starting Jordan Jefferson. But you're right, with the sole exception of Mettenberger and all the talent those two years, I never thought about the 2008 pick-six madness as such a turning point.

And you're right about next year. Pretty much the entire LSU offense will be back next year, yet I really don't see a reason to be overly optimistic unless Miles decides to ride off into the sunset and a new staff comes in and shakes it up. Otherwise, we already know it's going to be 3-yards and a cloud of dust, pound the rock, etc... as you described.

Also, what are your thoughts on Kevin Steele as defensive coordinator so far?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The playoffs are going to be Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and ND.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Duckaerobics posted:

The playoffs are going to be Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and ND.

At least it'll be clear who to root for.

Jason Sehorn might be the most annoying college football analyst ESPN has.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Things that are still good today:

-Lane Kiffin
-Derrick Henry
-55 yard field goals
-completely stopping Fournette

Things that are bad today:
-hangovers
-Jacob Coker

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Emron posted:

Things that are still good today:

-Lane Kiffin
-Derrick Henry
-55 yard field goals
-completely stopping Fournette

Things that are bad today:
-hangovers
-Jacob Coker

The more I've watched Coker play, the more his faults have become apparent. He cannot lead receivers. He overthrows horribly. He does not stay comfortable in the pocket and allows the loss of yards on sacks like a flustered true freshman. That spin move for -10 yards was ridiculous. My wife is not a football fan and knows little about the game, but even with Gary Danielson apologizing for Coker she was talking about how bad the Alabama quarterback looked.

It's also clear that Kiffin is chopping off parts of his gameplan because of Coker.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I miss Will Grier

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

I miss Will Grier

The Florida Gators will get their dicks crushed in a door jam in Atlanta, but I'm still glad my Gators are in the SEC CG. It'll just be like one of the BigXII championship games of yore, when the North champ would show up to get clobbered.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LLCoolJD posted:

The more I've watched Coker play, the more his faults have become apparent. He cannot lead receivers. He overthrows horribly. He does not stay comfortable in the pocket and allows the loss of yards on sacks like a flustered true freshman. That spin move for -10 yards was ridiculous. My wife is not a football fan and knows little about the game, but even with Gary Danielson apologizing for Coker she was talking about how bad the Alabama quarterback looked.

It's also clear that Kiffin is chopping off parts of his gameplan because of Coker.

And somehow Alabama does better.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

The Florida Gators will get their dicks crushed in a door jam in Atlanta, but I'm still glad my Gators are in the SEC CG. It'll just be like one of the BigXII championship games of yore, when the North champ would show up to get clobbered.

Never forget Darren Sproles defying this

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
News: Virginia Tech dominated BYE, no major injuries, new head coach coming next year.

Views: God Bless College Football. Hail Xort. #Gameday4Frank

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My new totally wrong playoff team predictions
Week 4: Ohio State, Baylor, Ole Miss, UCLA/Utah Winner
Week 5: Ohio State, Baylor, Alabama, Florida State
Week 6: Baylor, Utah, Florida State, LSU
Week 7: Baylor, Utah, Alabama, Florida State
Week 8: Ohio State, Baylor, LSU, Clemson 
Week 9: Ohio State, Baylor, LSU, Clemson

Week 10: Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Has a team ever won a natty with QB play on Coker's level?

Also yes, Lane Kiffin is good, and has actually done a really good job scheming around Coker's weaknesses. The Georgia game in particular was wonderfully called, only letting him throw it a few times a quarter but making it really effective when he did. Also for all his faults Coker seems to be able to somehow string together 2 minute drills when he needs to.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Henchman of Santa posted:

Never forget Darren Sproles defying this

Wasn't that the year Oklahoma stayed at number one even though they lost?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Cole posted:

At least it'll be clear who to root for.

I'm not sure who to root for I hate them all equally.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cole posted:

Wasn't that the year Oklahoma stayed at number one even though they lost?

Yes, and if I remember correctly they not only lost to Kansas State but got absolutely wrecked by them. It was an inspiration to short dudes everywhere.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Glad Clemson won so everyone will forget about that 3rd down spike before halftime. That poo poo was almost a game changer.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Coach's Poll is out.

1. Ohio State
2. Clemson
3. Baylor
4. Alabama
5. Oklahoma State
6. Notre Dame
7. Stanford
8. Iowa
9. LSU
10. Florida :laffo:
11. Oklahoma
12. TCU
13. Utah
14. Michigan State
15. Michigan
16. Houston
17. North Carolina
T-18. Florida State
T-18. UCLA
20. Mississippi State
21. Temple
22. Wisconsin
23. Navy
24. Northwestern
25. Memphis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

they put 9 points on Vanderbilt and if that game went on another 4 quarters they probably couldn't get past 10;

• Locked thread