Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

Definitely a serious post and not making fun of Nebraska fans.

I wanna see how far TCU falls. I imagine inertia saves them from dropping too far but their resume is really bad. They just got smoked by the only good team they've played, and what is their best win? Barely beating Minnesota? Barely beating Texas Tech?

They literally have a worse resume than most of the non-P5 teams with only one loss. Temple, Navy, Memphis all look way better than TCU, whose best win is against a 4-4 West Virginia.

Also lost in the shuffle is the fact that, despite their win against LSU, Bama is gonna end up with the same number of wins over currently ranked teams this week than they had last week, thanks to Aggie making GBS threads the bed, and their loss will also be against a non-ranked team. They played a heck of a game, but I'd argue that they still don't have a better resume than Notre Dame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LLCoolJD posted:

...and then held on to win by only 3 points at home against a mediocre Cincinnati team. Performances fluctuate from week to week due to injury, motivation, etc. Look at Houston's powder puff schedule and you'll understand why the Vanderbilt game was one they probably had circled on their calendar. I think Houston's a good team but you shouldn't make too much out of one game, especially when it's Vanderbilt.

Cinci is better than their record suggests. Their losses are to Houston, BYU, Memphis and Temple, and they beat Miami (FL) as well.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

I can't argue with this. Even the big ten has Purduemodeltrain.gif

Hey, Purdue is Objectively Better than Nebraska, and thus better than Michigan State. The Big Ten: Even The Bad Teams Are Good.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

i am so nervous every week now it's so stupid

Yeah, I can't believe I'm making GBS threads myself over games against Minnesota, Purdue and Nebraska, but I've seen enough terrible things happen in my football watching life that I know better than to assume a win.

Though, I'm actually feeling more confident about the impending CCG against Urbz, because we already beat him once, and would have beat him a second time were it not for The Most Bullshit Offsides Penalty Ever.

Edit: the first one was against the Zooker, we're doomed.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Korranus posted:

I don't know about reality, but A&M also beat LSU on Black Saturday. Here's the top ten I spat out. Good luck/go gently caress yourselves CFP committee picking that #3 and #4:

pre:
1. Ohio State		13-0
2. Clemson		13-0
3. Houston		13-0
4. Oklahoma		10-2
5. Alabama		10-2
6. Baylor		11-1
7. Mississippi State	11-2
8. UCLA			11-2
9. Michigan State	11-1
10. Stanford		11-2

I would love to know how both Michigan State and Ohio State won their game against each other.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scrapez posted:

That hasn't been my experience with Iowa fans. A lot of the worst fans are the ones that got their undergrad from Iowa in 1973 so they think that entitles them to declare Ferentz should be fired or to cancel their season tickets because "We're not doing things the way I want them done."

I understand your point, too, though. The people that are the worst fans to OTHER fanbases are typically non-grads. I don't know...I think there are terrible fans in either category.

I'm an alum of a 9-0 team and a lifelong fan of a different 9-0 team so.... :smug: I'm the best fan. (I graduated from OK State as an old man, though.) Iowa is my team.

You just wanted to claim that your alma mater and your hometown team have all of the wrestling titles, didn't you?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If Iowa gives Kirk Herbstreit an ulcer before the Big Ten Championship, I'll say Iowa had a successful season no matter what happens next.

CaptainYesterday posted:

I spent some summers as a transient student at Texas before I enrolled full-time at Texas State. How does this affect my rooting interests?

Y'know, you can just say "I hosed around in Austin for a few summers" you don't need to make up this "transient student" bullshit.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

The letter from the Iowa fan is awful and nonsensical but I respect him so much for taking the time to taunt the Nebraska athletic department just for the hell of it.

The full text, because this is too schizophrenic to not share here:

A Crazy Person From Iowa posted:

Dr.Husker AD "I don't want to be Iowa". And that's A-OK. Your choice. It's a free society and were not communist. But know Big Red Shawn the clock is clicking. The Grand Poo-Bah Harvey is about to hit the road making speeches to pad his retirement and sit on countless boards moving his abacas back and forth keeping track of money. And it's fair to say ole Harvey is your last sanctuary for you to take refuge in Lincoln. Shawn I realize when you fired Bo you said with all confidence you could muster "we don't want to be Iowa."

Well unlike the extreme right wing conservative state of Nebraska, eastern Iowa is a bastion of loving liberals. Iowa City pretty much takes everybody in. We are a welcoming city. We take your poor, your downtrodden, your unwanted. We also bring in many brilliant students from all over the world who go out and make a difference in the lives of millions. So once Grand Poo-Bah leaves in June we'll take you in. Because Shawn "I don't know to be Iowa" Eichorst will have a few "big time" opportunities to submit his resume to. Your semi-mentor and pal the ego maniac Barry Alvarez no doubt is watching from afar. Don't assume he'll have his hand out. But I just bet gentlemen Gary Barta could find a position within his department. We are loving and forgiving people in Iowa City. Oh sure some of us (me included) were getting real nervous with the direction of our football program. But silly us. The Captain is having the last laugh on us. And you!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Notorious ZSB posted:

man gently caress formatting but I've got a flow chart for this:

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.

• Locked thread