Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Daric posted:

Remember when Florida beat a team 9-7 that Houston blew out a week before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Cougs win again. 6 wins already.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

bushes posted:

Re: LSU. Maybe we shouldn't have been as surprised by the outcome of the LSU BAMA game considering the LSU FLA game and what happened earlier today with Florida :v:

It's true that Florida needs Will Grier and a healthy O-line, but if you go down the rabbit hole as you suggest then we need to look at the Ole Miss games, too...

That being said, Alabama will absolutely bulldoze Florida. And I like FSU's chances, also.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Emron posted:

Things that are still good today:

-Lane Kiffin
-Derrick Henry
-55 yard field goals
-completely stopping Fournette

Things that are bad today:
-hangovers
-Jacob Coker

The more I've watched Coker play, the more his faults have become apparent. He cannot lead receivers. He overthrows horribly. He does not stay comfortable in the pocket and allows the loss of yards on sacks like a flustered true freshman. That spin move for -10 yards was ridiculous. My wife is not a football fan and knows little about the game, but even with Gary Danielson apologizing for Coker she was talking about how bad the Alabama quarterback looked.

It's also clear that Kiffin is chopping off parts of his gameplan because of Coker.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ehud posted:

I miss Will Grier

The Florida Gators will get their dicks crushed in a door jam in Atlanta, but I'm still glad my Gators are in the SEC CG. It'll just be like one of the BigXII championship games of yore, when the North champ would show up to get clobbered.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

korrandark posted:

Houston beat that same Vanderbilt team 34-0 last week.

...and then held on to win by only 3 points at home against a mediocre Cincinnati team. Performances fluctuate from week to week due to injury, motivation, etc. Look at Houston's powder puff schedule and you'll understand why the Vanderbilt game was one they probably had circled on their calendar. I think Houston's a good team but you shouldn't make too much out of one game, especially when it's Vanderbilt.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Pakled posted:

The SEC has been weirdly deficient in good QBs this year. You'd think that between fourteen teams covering the best recruiting territory in the country, there'd be at least one stand out quarterback in a season. But it seems like all the SEC powers are having a down quarterback year.

Dak Prescott is having a pretty good year and is probably the SEC's best right now (18 TD, 1 INT). Brandon Harris's numbers before Alabama were modest but respectable. Will Grier was doing okay until he got suspended (despite a weak line). And you've got other decent QB's like Joshua Dobbs and Brandon Allen. Definitely no standouts apart from Prescott, though. A&M's implosion hasn't helped the highlight reels.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I mean that easily would've been the 8pm game if the Big 10 didn't require the schedules for their teams to be set further in advance. Because of that, we ended up with the lovely, boring Ohio State-Minnesota game at 8, and the best game of the day at 3:30.

I enjoyed the Clemson game, but the finish for the 3:30 Arkansas-Ole Miss game was great, too. As I recall I was able to change channels from ABC to CBS and catch the endings for both.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I never thought I'd say this but Brandon Allen is actually having a great year at Arkansas. As much as I have criticized him, he has been on fire recently and has looked wonderful.

Yeah he's got a bunch of passing yards this season. More than I'd thought (~2500 yards). But he's a senior. Who's in the pipeline to succeed him?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Mahoning posted:

what was up with the 3:30 CBS game? It seemed the main camera feed was poor quality somehow, while the close up shots of the sidelines and crowd were fine. Also, the announcers sucked.

The regular CBS crew keeps a nice balance of announcer audio mixed with stadium ambient noise. The stadium sounds were mostly missing from the backup broadcast. Plus, as you said, the video quality wasn't up to snuff. The color balance and lighting seemed off. Total B-team.

Raku posted:

also CBS is poo poo and should be embarrassed of their product

CBS's primary coverage is at least mostly well-produced. Fox is getting better, but for a long time they made CBS look like brilliant stuff. Fox's BCS coverage was terrible. No replays. Bad commentary. Washed out video.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

I tend to agree based on the Miss State/LSU game. They have done the best, except Bama, at stopping LSU's run game, and I think that gives them a chance at slowing down Henry. I think State's weakness is pass defense. aTm had 300+ passing yards, and Auburn may have won if they had kept throwing after the first drive.

I think a Miss State win would still be a big upset, but they definitely have a chance. I think it may come down to how good of a day Coker has, and if State can continue to perform in the red zone.

Prescott's got the skills and experience to pull off the upset. Miss. State is a tough place to play and Bama may be down after that big LSU win.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Christ, the guy is only 30 years old. Might want to hire someone with more experience next time.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Fan of a team tanked number two despite a loss to an unranked team is confident it'll all work out. Weird.

Not weird.

Said #2 ranked team has a recent pattern of winning championships and #1 recruiting classes. One season ago, the eventual national champion rebounded from a similar loss to an even worse team.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 11, 2015

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

y'all talk about Ole Miss like they barely eked out a miracle win when they blew the doors of Bama who tried and failed at a furious comeback

Not to take anything away from Ole Miss (Alabama certainly didn't), but it was the 5 turnovers that killed Alabama. A loss is a loss. I just think by the end of the season, if they win out, this loss won't matter.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400603850

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Unlike the Big Ten and the SEC, there are only so many wins to go around since the conference plays a round robin.

What's with the pro-BigXII social justice warrior routine?

Kansas was a free win the last time I checked. The Big10 and SEC champs will have played just as many conference games as the BigXII schools, and their conference championship games reduce the number of unbeatens to one (at most) per conference. same as with the BigXII's "round robin" scheduling. :shrug:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Tyrannosaurus posted:

I've had to visit South Carolina for a few conferences. It's an impressively lovely town and I can't imagine living there.

I'm not familiar with Columbia, as I've only passed through it on the interstate. Florence, South Carolina is the biggest shitheap I've driven through outside of Pritchard, Alabama. I have to imagine Columbia is at least better than that.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Sovereign Citizen spotted.

That wasn't long enough or weird enough to qualify as a sovereign citizen document, and it didn't mention "interfering with freedom of travel." It was more on the level of the guys who record every police officer interaction for publication on YouTube.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Are they planning on playing in the dark?

MourningView posted:

If they ever play TCU they had better bust those out again though because then it would be baller as gently caress.

I was thinking the same.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

I want literally every football team on earth to start calling it's fans "the 12th man"

Reminds me of the dig by Spurrier:

“Most of our guys have never been to Death Valley. (LSU’s stadium) is the Death Valley, isn’t it? Or is there another one? There’s two of them. That’s right, there’s two Death Valleys.”

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Funkutron5000 posted:

I really liked the matte helmets that Michigan wore a few years ago. I'm pretty sure our terrible fan base hated them because they were different and therefore awful, but matte helmets, in general, look rad.

I don't care about those. I just want refs to start wearing white newsboy caps like they did in that throwback Michigan-Notre Dame game. Those things were boss.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

So many vacancies. Even Wannstedt could get a job now if he wanted one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Zoran posted:

Why else would you want to own property in Alabama?

Alabama definitely has a low cost of living, but it comes at a price. Although there are certainly worse places to live.

• Locked thread