Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
A good week of football. I also have tickets for OU Baylor this week and gameday is there so Boomer Sooner Bitch OU is gonna clean up all this weird Big XII nonsense and take the playoff by storm.

Pretty excited for next years natty rematch against Ohio State in Norman gonna be cool when we beat them two years in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Really what I'm trying to say is Boomer Sooner (baylor not champs 2016, they gonna lose to OU sorry AFF)

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Also Boomer Sooner

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Thoguh posted:

My new totally wrong playoff team predictions
Week 4: Ohio State, Baylor, Ole Miss, UCLA/Utah Winner
Week 5: Ohio State, Baylor, Alabama, Florida State
Week 6: Baylor, Utah, Florida State, LSU
Week 7: Baylor, Utah, Alabama, Florida State
Week 8: Ohio State, Baylor, LSU, Clemson 
Week 9: Ohio State, Baylor, LSU, Clemson

Week 10: Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma

I like you.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Why do you want Oklahoma in the Playoffs?

From what I can tell, that would give us:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. North Carolina
5. Mississippi State
6. Navy/Houston/Memphis

Everyone should want Oklahoma in the playoffs, its just human nature.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I might actually have a heart attack this week because I'm so nervous for this baylor game.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Baylor is no longer the scariest road game in OU's future.

hth

Disagree. Baylor is great, OkState is ok but they beat an overrated tcu team decimated by injuries. Still way more terrified about Baylor than anything else on our schedule.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Mahoning posted:

A&M, Wisconsin, and Tennessee are all better than every single team TCU has beaten.

edit: and Arkansas

TCU beat Tech who beat Arkansas. Transitivity, obviously, but still. WVU and Tech will definitely start to have better records when they get to beat up on the bottom half of the Big XII. The downside of having 4 terms with a combined 1 loss on week 9(before last week) is that the bottom half is torched. Those records will stabilize on both ends over this month.

Despite that, I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact that even if we win out OU isn't going to make the playoff. loving Texas.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I have a question about my fandom I need the thread to determine if it is acceptable please, is it ok to cheer for a team because you like their colors and or mascot

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

For style points, just keep a printout of something like this in your glove box and hand it over with your license and insurance any time you get pulled over.

I kinda feel like that's the equivalent to posting legalese on Facebook that they have to respect your privacy

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Even I, a man who delights in deliberate BBQ chat derails, think this conversation should probably be taken elsewhere, but I can't help myself. The reason that's in there is that the line of when someone is under arrest is very blurry and according to the Supreme Court, pre-arrest silence is admissible evidence while post-arrest silence is not. Hence the thing about "if I am not under arrest please let me go on my way, if I am under arrest I wish to remain silent."

I kind of hate to play this card, but I have a degree and a license for this. I have gotten people acquitted at trial and gotten charges dismissed. Playing that card means I must to say clearly that every case is different, laws vary from state to state and I intend this as a general sharing of information/opinion rather than specific legal advice. Do your own research or consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction. But pretty much every client I ever had who was arrested in connection with a traffic stop would've been better off handing over a written statement like that. The catch-all written statement is less than ideal but it may well be better than trying to navigate an unfolding situation as a layperson and loving it up. I admit that I have never personally utilized a written statement like this, so bear that in mind. I have, however, asserted some of the rights referenced and gone about my business rather than being subjected to questioning or a search that I was under no obligation to submit to. This is not crazy sovereign citizen poo poo, it is core, basic, fundamental rights poo poo.

I read every single bit of this in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Glad you made it to senior year at OU.

I'm honestly not sure what I did wrong in that post because "read" is spelled the same in past and present tense. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high!

Take a look, it's in a book!

The joke was you don't learn how to read until your senior year

Freshman: Boomer
Sophomore: Sooner
Junior: Boomer Sooner
Senior: Learn to read

I feel way better about this joke going over my head now that I realize it's actually just a super bad joke.

And I'm in my fifth year, damnit.

• Locked thread