Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fluffdaddy posted:

My favorite part of the game is when they realized Coker couldn't get it done with Play Action anymore so they just had him throw short routes for the rest of the game. And also ran the dang ball.
(Lane Kiffin tears half the playbook out in disgust)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

go3 posted:

they put 9 points on Vanderbilt and if that game went on another 4 quarters they probably couldn't get past 10;
Championship teams have those kind of games, what makes them championship teams is that they win

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't get rankings. Last week, Northwestern was unranked in the AP and Coach's poll, but then during the game I saw everyone said they were ranked 21 by the Committee. So the Committee rankings, which don't get put out until week 9, all of a sudden supersede all of the the other polls and Northwestern was a "ranked team?"
The committee ranking is the only one that matters, so yes.

It was the same thing when the BCS rankings first came out mid-season.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

korrandark posted:

Houston beat that same Vanderbilt team 34-0 last week.
Just win, baby

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Or, y'know, because it's apparent that 'Bama owns LSU now. :(
Hey, Tiger-loser, give me your lunch money

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I catch my lunch by hand in a ditch about 9 months out of the year, thank you very much.
Give me your lunch fish then

(dunks ur head in the ditch)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Not sure how Alabama losing to a (now) not top-25 team moves up to 2, but LSU losing to the (now) #2 drops them 7 spots.
If you have to lose a game, lose early. It's always been this way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Raku posted:

Alabama is under-ranked, fight me
Eh, maybe. Ole Miss might look like a bad loss now, but they would have beaten any team in the country with how they played that Saturday and how lucky they were.

They've probably been so crappy since because they beat Alabama. Their upperclassmen got all their necessary draft highlights in one game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm not sure if the full on "flex your rights" flashcard is prudent, but it isn't a bad idea to immediately invoke your right to remain silent in any interaction with a police officer.

• Locked thread