Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PIZZA FOR EVERYONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Michigan tried to do a thing but got a penalty...

http://i.imgur.com/0HeJQk0.webm

https://i.imgur.com/YYKt1R1.webm

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

Substitution with intent to deceive! Great penalty name. I bet the ref was stoked to call it.

It's no "Givin' him the business," but it's pretty good.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Zoran posted:

Anyone have a video of that? I like listening to refs making unusual calls.

https://vine.co/v/eLVPdF1BHOm

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Here's video of Dabo talking to the players in the locker room after the game, along with the ACC Atlantic Division trophy presentation:

http://www.theacc.com/video/563ec3d8e4b0b3756d223246

Bonus, you get to see Deshaun Watson in a towel holding some body wash and a loufa waiting to take a shower :3:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Cole posted:

Alabama gonna be number 2 this week and number 1 after Clemson loses.

That is hilarious.

It would be hilarious if an undefeated Ohio State missed it.

This season has been hilarious and has more hilarious potential.

Due to "quality of win" or whatever and "SEC yall" I could see them putting bama at 1 this week.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

JonathonSpectre posted:

I think someone has told FSU's OL that penalties are what NFL scouts are looking for in a lineman.

Ah well. We had our chances. I want Clemson to win out so Dabo's Pizza Party becomes a real thing that happens.

Death Valley is loud yo.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

So, uh, what happened to Michigan State?

You'll hear a lot of ppl say "refs," but honestly they just didn't put it away when they had the chance.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

So who do you guys think will be #4 on Tuesday? One of the ESPN "experts" thinks it will be Oklahoma State but I'm not convinced the committee will jump someone 10 spots.

Hell no. Their other 8 wins were shaky as hell... #4 will be regretfully ND.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Fluffdaddy posted:

Glad Clemson won so everyone will forget about that 3rd down spike before halftime. That poo poo was almost a game changer.

I almost spilled my 3rd beer of the evening when that happened

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

mastershakeman posted:

Is this the first time ever that beating the #2 team doesn't move you up in rankings? Bama was #4 last week right?

Im still betting on them moving up. We'll find out Tuesday

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

You're not allowed to lose the rest of the year :colbert:

Oh I know... trust me I know.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Is anyone doing bearcar.gif this year?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

Rex Ryan did a recruiting pitch for Clemson for some reason today. His son is a walk-on WR on the team but mostly just holds snaps in non garbage time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22040/rex-ryan-wears-clemson-helmet-to-bills-news-conference

Can't argue with any of that

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
We Want Iowa®

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

all sports talk radio is awful all the time

Mark Packer is good. It's the callers that make it awful.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

the chief v2 posted:

It's almost like rankings are completely subjective and make no sense. I don't listen to much sports radio but I was driving a lot this week and tuned into some xm college football station. The host justified his opinion that Stanford is a better team than Iowa because Stanford lost to a good northwestern team, someone who might win 10 games! Then he said Iowa doesn't have any marquee wins but like 2 minutes later said Iowa had a good win over northwestern. He used the same type of logic to justify Alabama over some undefeated team.

I assume all sports radio is like this. Rankings are retarded and always have been.

It was Greg McElroy, wasn't it?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Forget the records and all that jazz -- as it currently stands, a Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame top four is a nightmarishly arrogant and entitled collection of fanbases.

We like pizza, thankyou very much :colbert:

Oh and ND gonna lose to Stanford.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 11, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

I hope it isn't an evening game. It wouldn't be fair for Notre Dame to have to play a game that doesn't start until 10PM according to their body clocks.

It'd be the most entertaining program NBC has shown after 9pm in a long time...

Also ps I love 4th and Short:

quote:

WASHINGTON STATE IS BOWL ELIGIBLE, EVERYONE HIDE IN THE BASEMENT UNTIL IT'S OVER. LEAVE THE LIQUOR ON THE PORCH AND MAYBE THEY WON'T BURN THE HOUSE DOWN LOOKING FOR IT.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/11/9/9694470/4th-short-faces-the-inevitable

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Few teams can touch the likes of Notre Dame, it's true. Clemson's national irrelevance to this point and Dabo being a Vine star has probably helped disguise it, but Clemson fans think they're college football royalty and have a birthright to national championships based on one year (1981). They're similar to Georgia fans in that regard, except with even less recent success/justification for it.

:laffo: no. That sect of the fanbase is loving TINY.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

I find this thinking more prevalent in the Walmart Fans™ that have never attended the university (or any university) or any actual games, or those alumni that only have tacit fanhood associated with football-as-a-social-event.

Last season (a few weeks before the Clemson/SCar game) I was having a conversation with a girl at Baystreet Beergarden about football, she was wearing a SCar shirt. She asked who I pulled for and I said I was a Clemson alum, responding with "You went to Clemson, oh that's cute..." I asked her what year she graduated from SCar and she yelled "gently caress YOU" and walked away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Look Sir Droids posted:

:laffo:

My assumption has always been that Clemson is a better school than South Carolina. Definitely not any worse. What is wrong with people?

Eh, depends on the field. SC has an amazing business school, and a decent law school. Clemson is more geared towards the sciences, particularly agriculture, engineering of all sorts, and bio-chem.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

Every Clemson fan I've ever known has been fun-loving and grounded about their football team. They're having a lot of fun this year, and good for them. I went to UGA @ Clemson 2003 (game owned BTW) and all those people seemed fine, if pretty depressed at the time.

The "living in the 80s" portion of the fanbase is way bigger for UGA than it is for Clemson.

If by some act of God we manage to get in and somehow win the NCG then yeah, a lot of people are going to be arrogant for years to come... But I guess that just comes with the territory.

Also, that game did not own... That game was Tommy Bowden at his most Tommy Bowden-est. :smith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ungratek posted:

I went to a bachelor party in Charleston this year (for this first time). Spent first day doing brewery tours in the loving ghetto. Was confused as to why everyone loved the city so much.

Then I realized there are two Charlestons. Downtown, and rundown

Trust me, it would have been even more dramatic just 3-5 years ago. The north-central and neck areas of the peninsula have become gentrified as gently caress and in another 5 it's going to be indistinguishable from the rest of downtown.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

I'm not a Columbia or SC native, but I lived in Columbia for 13 years and didn't find it terrible so much as I found it very boring. It's just kind of nondescript and generic, especially for a capital city. My parents still live there, so between them and SC games, I go back quite a bit and it's come a long way even in just the past five years. There's more of a beer/food/arts scene now than there ever was, and I find myself actually thinking things like "Whoa, I need to check that place out next time I go." Columbia still has substantial progress to make, but it feels like it's finally trying to be interesting.

I want to say they actually hired the planner who was behind Greenville's redevelopment. Hopefully they can do the same for Columbia what they did for Greenville.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sash! posted:

And that rundown part seems to go on forever

Well it's confusing because there's actually a separate city named North Charleston. So there's the northern part of Charleston which is currently undergoing transformation, and North Charleston which is just a shithole of industry and unending strip-malls (excluding Park Circle which is pretty cool).

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scrapez posted:

Getting up in arms about fans not being alums of the school they root for is the dumbest thing.

By that logic, anyone under the age of 18 can't be a fan of a college team....

I don't think anyone is saying that someone who is a non-alum can't be a fan... Just that the WORST fans are almost always non-alums.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson had on-campus "courtesy vans" driven by sort-of student cops for the sole purpose of giving people safe transportation around the area. It was mainly for people who didn't feel safe walking at night, but I had a buddy who drove it his freshman year and he said he primarily carted around drunk athletes.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Everett Golson starting for FSU

(Maguire may be concussed)

Dalvin Cook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAORmNkekQM

I don't think I've ever seen you say who you prefer at QB... Golson or Maguire?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Law talk: im on jury duty this week for a murder trial that is tv-show levels of crazy and the defense attorney is not good at his job.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

effectual posted:

I just drive home from the bar while buzzed :ninja:

Otherwise you'd have to taxi/uber back to your car the next morning and be paying double (plus wasting time before your work shift)

Why, he might get kicked off the jury and his lose his 10$/hr? Oh no

$10/day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Do you at least sweat profusely and constantly wipe your brow with a handkerchief?

• Locked thread