Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

N: :smug:
V: :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Things that are still good today:

-Lane Kiffin
-Derrick Henry
-55 yard field goals
-completely stopping Fournette

Things that are bad today:
-hangovers
-Jacob Coker

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Frinkahedron posted:

So more things are happening at Mizzou:

This is excellent.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Is this the first time ever that beating the #2 team doesn't move you up in rankings? Bama was #4 last week right?

Those aren't the CFP rankings. I'm guessing that on Tuesday the rankings will be

Clemson
Bama
OSU
Baylor or something I guess?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

Their quality loss not looking so quality now

Eh, it worked out for OSU last year

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Give me a reason that 13 attempts for 31 yards should leave you in the conversation for heisman. Saying "his line couldn't help him" is a bad argument, because every player relies on the performance of others. RBS don't get counted out because their line did the work of opening holes, and QBs don't get counted out because they have good WRs.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Metapod posted:

Because one game shouldn't devalue a great season

But, unfortunately, it usually does.

(I don't think Henry should be in the conversation either)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This year's heisman should go to Joey Julius, in all honesty.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I'm not saying that Henry shouldn't be in the conversation. Hell, he's a great RB. But Gary/Verne acted like last night was the only game that Fournette should be judged by. It was loving myopic as hell.

They do that poo poo all the time. Gary picks one or two "storylines" to tie everything back to in the game, and he picks a few players to over-scrutinize. Rest assured that if Fournette had broken a 35+ yard run, Gary would have launched into his routine:

"Every winner has their [dramatic tone] Heisman moment. Big players make big plays. Could this be his?"

If a player is one of his special ones, he blows good and bad plays completely out of proportion, because he's a piece of poo poo.

Noctone posted:

Hmm let's check with Mark Ingram shall we?

It should have gone to that Stanford back that year. That's the time that I most genuinely felt Bama bias in action.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noctone posted:

Actually it should've been Suh but who should've won is beside the point. You said Fournette shouldn't even be in the conversation.

I don't think Ingram should have been in it that year, either, and that he won is even dumber? I think you're kind of reaching here.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Noctone posted:

I think you're being obtuse to save face on a dumb argument. Virtually every Heisman contender has had at least one down game. It's absolutely silly to say a player shouldn't be in the conversation after one bad game, particularly when it was against one of the better defenses in the sport.

Ok man, sorry you feel that way, but it's genuinely my thoughts on it. He had not just a bad game, but a game where he had <1 yard per carry until he broke one late run. I still think he's by far the best all around back in the country, but you're crazy if you think this game won't at least affect the conversation.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

I just didn't think Florida should've moved up in the polls after winning a poor game. v:shobon:v

It's the day after, the traditional time for TFF grumpyposting. Don't worry about it dude

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hi all, I'm going to be the Harbinger Of Scionix here and remind you that he is supposed to return either during or after the MSU game. I can't remember which. Anyway have fun

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MourningView posted:

I could forget

smdh at this abuse of power

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

For style points, just keep a printout of something like this in your glove box and hand it over with your license and insurance any time you get pulled over.

The above is implied to be ACCEPTED FOR VALUE. To refuse acceptance, payment may be made to EMRON OF THE HOUSE TFF via ten pounds in gold.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raku posted:

Why is every SEC poster a lawyer

I work for a bank. Know your TFF lore

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

vyst posted:

Hi Tyrone Prothro

poo poo I'm caught

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Alabama has, like, the largest industrial production of foreign-brand cars in the country :colbert:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

And are there seriously no ports there to speak of? I mean I guess proximity to big population centers is somewhat lacking but you've got coastline, right?

Mobile is a port city

Look Sir Droids posted:

So Alabama is un-American then.

(What do they have besides Mercedes?)

Hyundai

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Y'all only asked if there was any industry in the state, you didn't say anything about if it's politically ideal, which everyone alive knows Alabama is not.

There's also a Honda plant and I think Airbus is building planes in Mobile. It's almost certainly because Alabama has the lowest property taxes in the country, but there is a substantial industrial presence in the state

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out what people do in Alabama and Mississippi do other than be lawyers. There is no industry, business, banking centers, ports whatever. So they're all just lawyers who sue Joe's Lumber Yard (or defend Joe's Lumber Yard) in a weird Litigious circle.

For whatever reason, Bama and Ole Miss have big money boosters, but how?

Like in specific this quote is wrong all the way down.

Industry I've already covered. Two midsize regional banks (Regions and BBVA Compass) have their national headquarters in Birmingham. Mobile is one of the busiest ports in the country. It's a state with a lot of problems but Jesus dude come the gently caress on

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raku posted:

IMO every person calling themself the 12th man could die in a fire

Yowza

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yes, congratulations, you got the joke! You did it! Yay!!!!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The initial joke was poorly constructed, IMHO.

I thought it was good in that it didn't shove the joke in your face

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I meant Raku's joke!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

man gently caress formatting but I've got a flow chart for this:

I agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I don't know if it's still this way, but when I was in college, you could double alabama's property taxes, and they'd still be the lowest in the country :eng101:

• Locked thread