Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

Doronin posted:

I really feel like Malachi Dupree and Travin Dural would be All-Americans at 80% of the other Power 5 teams. They have REALLY good players not named 'Fournette' . I can't fathom why they aren't letting Harris air it out more and keep defenses honest.

Les Miles has been completely lobotomized since the Jarrett Lee pick-6 bonanza in 2008. His entire tenure has been characterized by killing the offense in certain games to run his 75% run gameplan (Auburn 2006 comes to mind neutering a Jimbo Fisher attack led by JaMarcus, Dwayne Bowe, Buster Davis, and Early Doucet). Early on though the OC still had fluidity to call some really good games (Miss St. and Notre Dame in 06 under Fisher, VT and Ohio State especially under Gary loving Crowton in 07.) After that though Ryan Perrilloux got kicked off the team and Freshman Jarrett Lee was thrown to the wolves far before he was ready. Ever since then it's been Les Miles bullshit, including benching a productive Lee for a God-awful Jordan Jefferson in 2011, with a slight hiatus due to having an NFL offense on campus in 2013.

The team this year and next year returning almost the entire offense are unbelievably talented. Brandon Harris has incredible talent. Derrius Guice would be a superstar if not for having to play behind Fournette. Dupre and Dural are studs as well as true freshman Tyron Johnson. And it is all going to be wasted by Les Miles believing the only way to win football games is to pound the rock and control the clock, despite being shown time and again, at every level of the sport, that there multiple avenues to victory which should all be utilized. It doesn't help that the majority of the LSU fan base seems to view the "spread" offense (as if there is only one type) as some new-fangled doohickey, never mind the fact that 7 of the past 10 national championships have been won by variations of the spread offense, rather than "traditional" i.e. "Les Miles bullshit" offenses.

I would love to see someone sit down with Les and watch New England Patriots game tape and the way they dominate offensively without a "pro-style" offense.

some old hussy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

Doronin posted:

Also, what are your thoughts on Kevin Steele as defensive coordinator so far?

Not overly impressed but it's not all on him, the defense seems to suffer from the offense when they shut it down and try to run out the clock after halftime. The front 7 has played well early before fading terribly as the game goes on, which is more of a depth issue, but the secondary hasn't been nearly good enough and that appears to me to be because of scheme. He definitely doesn't bring anything to the table that Chavis didn't, but I need to watch last night's game again to really see what went wrong on that side of the ball.

• Locked thread