Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

I still believe that GDPR was written by people who knew how loving wild it was, but passed the political layer without anyone noticing. And they're rolling out NIS2 for critical infrastructure (including subprocessors) and DORA for banking, it's gonna be fun to see the fallout of those too.
I wish I could agree wholeheartedly, but the GDPR legitimate interest clauses (47, 48, and 49) basically gives anyone a loophole big enough to drive a lorry through, and everyone's picked up on this.
What's even worse is that US lobbying that took place before the GDPR proposal was made public, so while the people who originally wrote it might have had the best of intentions, the US government still got their say.

Fixed the link for you.

Also, this is just the latest article in a long conversation that's been ongoing in parts of the IT industry, about how every single other installation technician has to go through some kind of training and certification process - and will face fines et cetera, if they gently caress up.
Contrast this with IT, where it's not just possible but quite likely that a computer toucher can end up having their software be an integral part of a large system with a security threat that it was never meant to stand up against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Wibla posted:

Do you have a link to more info about this?

https://www.securityweek.com/destructive-ics-malware-fuxnet-used-by-ukraine-against-russian-infrastructure/

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

some kinda jackal posted:

Congrats and sorry in advance, I don't think this thread counts toward a CPE :[

we’re getting to the point in the yospos secfuck thread where it’s starting to feel like it should count, from the WebPKI content alone

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

yospos secfuck thread

gently caress, why isn't that in my bookmarks!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it's been absolute gold lately too

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

we got Amir!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

we got Amir!
                                  \

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Subjunctive posted:

we got Amir!

:yeah: We're all cheering for the man.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Who's Amir?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Amir is everyone.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

(Amir is a guy at Google—I think?—who is involved in the WebPKI root programs and is asking tough questions in Entrust’s root program compliance incident reports.)

https://open.substack.com/pub/webpki/p/entrust-considered-harmful-part-1

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

some kinda jackal posted:

gently caress, why isn't that in my bookmarks!

SECFUCKTHREAD

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Subjunctive posted:

(Amir is a guy at Google—I think?—who is involved in the WebPKI root programs and is asking tough questions in Entrust’s root program compliance incident reports.)

https://open.substack.com/pub/webpki/p/entrust-considered-harmful-part-1

God drat it, we just got couple expensive signing certificates from Entrust.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

welcome to my world

I have a whole mess of entrust issued OV certs

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Sounds like things are getting bad out there with the Palo exploit. RIP to all the IR teams

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

RIP to my mailbox. Why the gently caress did I sign up for Palo Alto updates? I don't even have a PAN.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

rafikki posted:

Sounds like things are getting bad out there with the Palo exploit. RIP to all the IR teams

:dogstare::hf::unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Our network security guys are in the middle of upgrading from 10.1 on our old PA VPN boxes and have been high fiving each other every day they hadn't finished the upgrade to an affected version yet