Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Secret Santa sent. Should show up to a lucky Canada goon shortly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My gift is trying to find my Santee, but he's not home. :sweatdrop:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
First half of santee's gift procured. The second half may take a bit more time, but hopefully I should be shipping out sometime next week.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I took the day off work, and just got a call from work that a package had arrived. And they weren't sure if it was for me, so they opened it up and were completely perplexed by the plastic toys so I had to explain that yes, that was for me, and no I don't know the sender it's a secret santa, and yeah I know it isn't December yet, and...

Thank You Santa!
I'll swing by later to see what the present is and I've learned a valuable lesson about not being at work to sign for my deliveries.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
In theory, I could send out the first gift tomorrow morning! However, I expect to be able to assemble second one early next week, so unless a certain handcrafter fails to respond if he loving noticed I gave him money, I'll probably wait for after the weekend (post offices out here are a pain in the rear end). All you rapid santas are really stressing me out!

Leperflesh, should we somehow document the gifts for you before sending?

PS. I just heard a horror story yesterday of a family member sending a package roughly a month ago to within the same urban agglomeration and it took two weeks for the post office to even take it out from the building. :ohdearsass: I didn't have such experiences, thankfully, but I'll still probably send it somewhere else across the town en route to work.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
My gift has arrived! And... I"m really quite surprised how quickly it got here. That's damned fast considering a box from home spent as much time hung up in customs as it did for this present to arrive. I would've posted sooner about the package arriving (I got notice while at work at about 4:00 my time), but wanted to make sure it was my Santa's gift and not something from my folks who might or might not be sending me something.

Anyways! On to pictures, or, how I hate imgur's new format.

The Box. Small, but I didn't expect anything big considering shipping costs, etc. etc. I'm actually surprised all of this clocked in at 2lbs.

Old Bay! I see Old Bay!

Let the spices flow! Good choice in spices, Santa! I will definitely make use of these and especially the Garlic Bread Sprinkle. Old Bay is one of my favorite off-the-shelf spice mixes, and I learned long ago that it makes a good replacement for the flavor packets that come with instant ramen noodles, especially when I want to put actual meat in the bowl. Only thing is...

...my folks already sent me a tin of Old Bay last month. Granted it arrive a bit beat up (theirs is on the left, your pristine-condition tin is on the right). But, I know Old Bay keeps for forever and a day, so it won't be a problem. At least you didn't order a thing of Tony Chachere's as I've already got about a years supply now!

Cool, awesome gift, Santa Occamsnailfile! Definitely going to get lots of use out of this. Wait, there's a game in here, too?

I CAN'T FOOD WITH THIS! ...Actually thanks a bunch, Love Letter is an awesome, light game. One of my coworkers owns it, and we've played several times. It's a great way to warm up to heavier, heady games; or to take a break in between games. I can't express how much I enjoy this game and am both impressed and pleased that you picked this one out. It's not a game I foresee leaving my collection. Basically what I"m saying is, all of you other goons who haven't played this game need to play this game!

Thanks again, Santa!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

So my gift arrived. Unfortunately the place the courier left it is accessible to the public and someone tore into it. Fortunately once they saw what it was they decided they didn't want it and left it. I was running out the door to head home for Thanksgiving so no pics til this weekend.

The game is ticket to ride Europe, pretty good gift Santa!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Alarms ring throughout the house.

"Sir! We've taken a direct parcel to the safe place!"
"Dammit! Get me some security cameras down there!"

"Hmm, that's Hawk Games packaging! Are we expecting any reinforcements Lieutenant?"
"No Sir."
"Open with Caution."

"More Falcons sir, and more Raven B's to carry our forces into..... Wait! ARRGGHH!"
"No! Evicerators! We've Been Secret Santa Boarded! All Legonaries to the....." Splort.
****Inhuman roars and flashing lights******

Thanks Santa! These fill a hole in my force, and allow me to run a very nasty quad Falcon list that ruined me at Warfare last week! The Evicerators will give me some more options, and are great models (My wife already likes the look of them, and she doesn't even play wargames!)

Fancy List building time! I may have to get onto painting them quickly though, as I may well be calling on them in January!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

In theory, I could send out the first gift tomorrow morning! However, I expect to be able to assemble second one early next week, so unless a certain handcrafter fails to respond if he loving noticed I gave him money, I'll probably wait for after the weekend (post offices out here are a pain in the rear end). All you rapid santas are really stressing me out!

Leperflesh, should we somehow document the gifts for you before sending?

PS. I just heard a horror story yesterday of a family member sending a package roughly a month ago to within the same urban agglomeration and it took two weeks for the post office to even take it out from the building. :ohdearsass: I didn't have such experiences, thankfully, but I'll still probably send it somewhere else across the town en route to work.

No need to document stuff for me, but you can do whatever makes you feel secure. Insuring your package is also an option for you, if you want.

Clanpot Shake posted:

So my gift arrived. Unfortunately the place the courier left it is accessible to the public and someone tore into it. Fortunately once they saw what it was they decided they didn't want it and left it. I was running out the door to head home for Thanksgiving so no pics til this weekend.

The game is ticket to ride Europe, pretty good gift Santa!

Dang, that sucks! If your present is actually damaged, you can probably file a claim with the carrier. Take pictures of where you found the package and its condition.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I snapped a photo before I left but the game box seemed fine, still shrink wrapped. Gonna take a closer look when I get home tomorrow.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Grey Hunter posted:

Thanks Santa! These fill a hole in my force, and allow me to run a very nasty quad Falcon list that ruined me at Warfare last week!

But, but, I don't wanna fight that list again! :argh:

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Thanks Santa! Children of December for me to assemble in December!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Gifts for both Santees are en-route! (one of them gets 2 items, which might arrive a few days apart)

I'm told all gifts are now shipped out and in transit.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

YF19pilot posted:

My gift has arrived! And... I"m really quite surprised how quickly it got here. That's damned fast considering a box from home spent as much time hung up in customs as it did for this present to arrive. I would've posted sooner about the package arriving (I got notice while at work at about 4:00 my time), but wanted to make sure it was my Santa's gift and not something from my folks who might or might not be sending me something.

Thanks again, Santa!

Awesome, that was fast! The estimates they gave me were like Dec. 3rd at a minimum. I am glad you are well-stocked with Old Bay, it shall protect you from bland ramen. When I was living in Japan it was always a pain to try and find a lot of spices--I'm from Texas and I bought the one jar of lovely Ortega salsa I was able to find in a huge supermarket because there just wasn't any other to be found. I wanted to send taco seasoning but there wasn't any that was reasonably priced and able to ship internationally. Anyway! Glad you got it!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Gift Status:

#2 is ready to be sent basically as soon as I wrap it up in nice festive paper. I am waiting for the next week though, because I found a great opportunity to supercharge it with additional cheer!

#1 I am a bit freaking out about, as I have trouble contacting my retailer to check if he even noticed I sent him money and moved his fat rear end to work. He did change his entire website thingy the day after I made my order, so my question bounced from what apparently isn't his mail anymore. :confused: Still, tried again today and will start panicking for real if I don't get a response by, say, Tuesday.

[edit] Quick update: I managed to get to the artisan related to #2 (after an ungodly amount of technical issues on his side) and I'm happy to say I'm clear to send both gifts next week. Though probably closer to its end than I would like.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 27, 2015

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I got a package!

The perfect bow, courtesy of Amazon!

It's King of New York! My girlfriend and I are really excited to play this at our next game night. Thanks Santa! :toot:

I hope you enjoy it- goddamn it Amazon why do I keep trusting you to wrap things?!

Err, have fun! KoNY is a favorite with my buds, and I think it's a straight upgrade for King of Tokyo.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Does anyone have experience in wrapping an international package itself in a fancy paper? I'm a bit scared some dumb poo poo will happen, like it being torn off along with the address/postage stuff, but I'd like them to look nice.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

To be on the safeside I'd wrap the gift and then put it in another plain box, rather then wrapping the whole thing and risking tearing.

On a related note I've picked up my Santee's gift, just need to wrap it up and send it out!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Lichtenstein posted:

Does anyone have experience in wrapping an international package itself in a fancy paper? I'm a bit scared some dumb poo poo will happen, like it being torn off along with the address/postage stuff, but I'd like them to look nice.

Wrap the gift nicely and then put it in a box or cover it in proper brown wrapping paper depending. Don't have the outer layer as your nice giftwrap. Fancy paper isn't usually sturdy enough to survive the tender mercies of despatch handlers and freight pallets.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Strategic gift launch detected!

Sadly there were no gift options, but I picked first-class delivery so it should be with my Santee shortly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Secret Santee #2s gift is in the mail.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Santee is getting Santa'd Saturday by 8pm!

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Just got back from UPS.
Present is on the way!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Coming home from our Thanksgiving day at our family cabin a couple hours away, in a lovely mood because I got a (totally deserved) speeding ticket, I spotted an Amazon package sitting on my doorstep.

"Oh good, I can get my gift sent out today.... Hmmmm, that doesn't look like it could hold everything I put in that Amazon order...."

Instead of being the gifts that I need to send out, it was instead the gifts for me!

Included within was a command to yell "Punch it Chewie!" every time I move the Falcon. Don't worry Santa, I promise I won't let you down! Thank you so much for these, you rock!

Bonus picture: Paisley the TG Dog

Also, to my Santee: The package is scheduled to arrive to me today. Depending on the time, I will either ship it out later today or Tuesday. My earlier post said Monday, but I'm getting a root canal right after work and it won't be done until after the post office is closed. I have not forgotten you!

Edit: Well, about ten minutes after posting this, the package was delivered to my house. It should arrive at my Santee's on Monday!

A Real Horse fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 27, 2015

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Long range sensors have indicated that my gift has been launched and will find its way to the target by December 10th. Everyone scan the horizon for the bright flash of Christmas cheer!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Received a strange package today. My top squad of bomb sniffers are not yet convinced of its safety.

I will soon be forced to disregard their advice and play games anyway. Thanks mystery-Santa-who-did-not-include-a-note! :D

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just sent out gift to Secret Santee #1. ALL SECRET SANTA RESPONSIBILITIES HAVE BEEN DISCHARGED. ALL RESPONSIBILITY NOW LIES ON THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE AND GOD

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
+++ Seasonal Cheer Locked Onto Target +++

+++ Firing Orbital Festivity Cannons +++

+++ May the God-Emperor have mercy on some goon's soul +++

One Happiness Package is scheduled to arrive to some unsuspecting goon this Sunday!

(A second goon will receive packaging once recon is complete.)

In completely unrelated news, a package arrived on my own door. What is this? TWO PACKAGES???

Could it be? Is it for me???

What wonders lie inside???

Why, it's WizWar and Car Wars: The Card Game! I've eyed WizWar from a distance with curiosity, now it's time to discover what is inside. And to drive those wizarbs around in style ... CAR WARS style.

Thank you, fellow goon! (Or goons. I signed up for a double and I'm not sure if this is one goon or two. But an infinity of thanks, however many of you wonderful bastards there are!)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Look at what lovely items appeared on my doorstep today

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Krushgroove, Please check your spam filters. I believe emails from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com may not be arriving in your inbox. If you're not getting anything, please PM me, or try writing from an alternate address. Thanks!

Also, I'm all caught up with PMs, emails, and this thread!

It's Black Friday, there's a lot of deals to be had online. Feel free to post about online game merchants/deals that you see while shopping around, if you like.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 28, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mantic Games is having a black friday special, including 50% off Deadzone
Frontline Gaming is having a sale

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Got some awesome stuff in the mail from Santa. A set of sleeves for double bagging, a copy of coup which I've wanted to play for a while now and a set of acrylic rulers for X-wing, which I've always wanted to buy for myself. Thanks Santa!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Cactrot posted:

Got some awesome stuff in the mail from Santa. A set of sleeves for double bagging, a copy of coup which I've wanted to play for a while now and a set of acrylic rulers for X-wing, which I've always wanted to buy for myself. Thanks Santa!

Hope you enjoyed my stupid comments ☺

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

jassi007 posted:

Hope you enjoyed my stupid comments ☺

Well I posted pics of coup so you know at least that I have no friends.

The dong would been funny though.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 28, 2015

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

The would-be thief denied me the pleasure of opening the note and tearing open festive paper:

But the game inside was fine!

Thanks again Secret Santa!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Gift on its way, finally. Expected arrival is Tuesday, but it's the busy season for USPS, so god only knows if that'll be accurate.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Santa, I got your gift, and I love it! :allears:

I got some pictures complete with ferocious beasts, but I'm not able to post them for a few days... I promise they're coming, though!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

boom boom boom posted:

Look at what lovely items appeared on my doorstep today

Excellent! I hope you like the paints, they will serve you well in addition to the size 0 brush (it would be a party foul if I did not send you a quality brush to go with your fancy paints).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Oh dang, a mystery package arrived today! What's inside...?

Woah, a paint set and brushes! Awesome!! I don't have any of either yet, so this is a great starter kit. Thanks, Santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Package shipped yesterday, expected delivery on 12/2. :derp:

• Locked thread