Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I mean I bought a couple of four packs and the beer is good and all but I can't see a point to it. Tell me gbs, why should I be drinkin' alone? Quick before the one I opened gets warm.

this is the beer

I suppose you could tell me why you're drinking alone too you fuckin' narcissists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

sluggo is mad posted:

I mean I bought a couple of four packs and the beer is good and all but I can't see a point to it. Tell me gbs, why should I be drinkin' alone? Quick before the one I opened gets warm.

this is the beer

I suppose you could tell me why you're drinking alone too you fuckin' narcissists.

come hang with me in irc fellow Renegade

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
where you at? hangin' in irc on a sat. night always makes me wanna drink

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Zippy the Bummer posted:

come hang with me in irc fellow Renegade

http://irc.lc/synirc/gbs/irctc@@@

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

is this the part where I applaud your choice of beverage?

nah, you can suck my balls dude

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
^^rude

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I drink, therefore I am

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Bruce Kison posted:

I drink, therefore I am

philosophy 101 pay attention nerds you are in SCHOOL now

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Wait... your're chilling in a goon IRC on a saturday night, and you don't think that's a good enough excuse to drink yourself to death?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe drink the beer before you kill yourself like the other OP said, OP. or just go to bed thats what im gonna do but ive been drinking alone all day so gently caress you

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The light I gotta go left at has no cameras, but i have no balls to defy the MANN! :negative:

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Since that's an IPA I think killing yourself is the way to go here OP

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Wicker Man posted:

The light I gotta go left at has no cameras, but i have no balls to defy the MANN! :negative:

you live in an urban area? i run the poo poo out of lights in the lou

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
i'm running off of 3 hours of sleep, I've been up for 19 hours and been drinking shots at both my jobs all day. you got no excuse, op.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like to drink

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Deathface posted:

i'm running off of 3 hours of sleep, I've been up for 19 hours and been drinking shots at both my jobs all day. you got no excuse, op.

see? my own personal tony robbins, now im on beer 2

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive had seven cheàp korean beers and imbgoing to have dinner with my mum in twenty minutes

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
tbf if i had to deal with family i'd be drunk too

dad gay. so what posted:

maybe drink the beer before you kill yourself like the other OP said, OP. or just go to bed thats what im gonna do but ive been drinking alone all day so gently caress you

wb fucko

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Isaac posted:

I like to drink

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Because otherwise you spend another night able to process all of the poo poo sluicing through every gaping artery of the internet into your unflinching eyeholes.

If you drink, you get to halfway listen to a comedy set on youtube, while posting nonsense in loving GBS, of all places, and marveling at how well you can type, while two beers and a pint of vodka deep into a blissfully numbing stupor.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
^^you're a poet

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pale ale is not a meal.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
drinking alone sucks and is stupid

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

1gnoirents posted:

drinking alone sucks and is stupid

i have the chance to drink alone a few times a year now and i cherish it

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Isaac posted:

i have the chance to drink alone a few times a year now and i cherish it

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
23 hours now, finishing my last beer. gotta be up in 7 hours to move into my new baller house and stop being a drunk hobo. where there is a will there is a way.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Here op. This is for you.

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
this article should help http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/03_03/03-03_zen_drinking_alone.htm

"After about five drinks the monkey will start rattling the cage. Let him out.

Examine his fine smile. This is the giddy you that is so charming with the ladies at the bar. Note the wily gleam in his eyes. This is the happy-go-lucky sport that comes up with wholly improbable, yet wildly optimistic schemes while loaded. Sense his light heart. This is the jovial soul that will laugh at the worst bar joke ever told.

Doesn’t seem like such a bad guy at all, does he? Introduce yourself. Buy him a drink. Let him buy you a drink. Anyone who buys you a drink can’t be all bad, right?

It is now that you will recognize the monkey for who he truly is: he is you without social constraints. A slave unchained. He is you without the worry of what other people think. He is what you want to be, not what your parents, friends, lover, boss and God want you to be.

After a couple more rounds, a rich warmness will settle upon you as the alcohol rallies your collective self esteem. At this point you’ll start to think, Hell, this guy is a loving prince."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just drink the beer OP

This is my kind of woman

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 8, 2015

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

sluggo is mad posted:

this is the beer

Lol that is one faggy label

"revolutinary"
dumb hipster brewery name
german word for good measure
bavarian style indian pale ale lmao bavarians dont even know what the gently caress indian pale ale is ahahaha

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

TED BUNNDY posted:

this article should help http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/03_03/03-03_zen_drinking_alone.htm

Examine his fine smile. This is the giddy you that is so charming with the ladies at the bar. Note the wily gleam in his eyes. This is the happy-go-lucky sport that comes up with wholly improbable, yet wildly optimistic schemes while loaded. Sense his light heart. This is the jovial soul that will laugh at the worst bar joke ever told.

Doesn’t seem like such a bad guy at all, does he? Introduce yourself. Buy him a drink. Let him buy you a drink. Anyone who buys you a drink can’t be all bad, right?

It is now that you will recognize the monkey for who he truly is: he is you without social constraints. A slave unchained. He is you without the worry of what other people think. He is what you want to be, not what your parents, friends, lover, boss and God want you to be.

After a couple more rounds, a rich warmness will settle upon you as the alcohol rallies your collective self esteem. At this point you’ll start to think, Hell, this guy is a loving prince."

wish i'd read this last night, but i already drank the beer passed out and woke up

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

TED BUNNDY posted:

Yeah but instead drunkenly listening to lovely podcasts and being bored and wondering where all the friends you used to party with on a Saturday night hosed off too and you're 29.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
how about you try getting some friends and drinking with them fuckboi

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
i drink, not because I should, but because i can.

sagedit can of beer heh

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Looks like all of the weak willed sissies are posting since the goon purge

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Do drugs with hookers, that should help OP.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just think about my life

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
i used to drink because that's just what i did; i'd come home and drink. and drink and drink and drink.

now i actually listen to the voice in my head if i start thinking i should drink and the voice goes "nah, don't do that. don't do that."

why?

"because it's going to make you all foggy and cranky... and you'll convince yourself that if you just drink more you'll stop being foggy and cranky... and you'll start sucking at videogames and get pissed at them... then before you know it you're on beer six youtubing videos of the rainbow road because you haven't had a good cry in a while and then you'll spend all day tomorrow with a lovely hangover and runny, smelly shits and it's... it's not worth it, man."

oh.

"yeah"

okay.

"trust me, this is good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
what i'm saying is if there's even a tiny niggle in the back of your mind telling you not to drink, listen to it for once and see how your evening goes

• Locked thread