Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I like this kaiji one shot that just shows that he'd be even more hosed if he didn't enter the dark spiral he's currently trapped in. The man cannot catch a break.

Dude just has a terrible gambling problem and doesn't know when to quit, but heck that's what makes Kaiji Kaiji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
According to the guy I'll be working for in London, his daughter, the girl I'll be teaching, keeps asking him when I'll arrive. Sounds like a cute kid.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sylphid posted:

According to the guy I'll be working for in London, his daughter, the girl I'll be teaching, keeps asking him when I'll arrive. Sounds like a cute kid.

he seems kinda dumb if he can't find someone in london to teach her english, imo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Danke for this.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Cute. What's it from?

Hazuki Kanon is Plum Darn Sweeter Than Gramma's Molasses

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Namtab posted:

he seems kinda dumb if he can't find someone in london to teach her english, imo

No doubt he could, but he wanted me because he thought I was good with children.

I'm not particularly sure where he got that idea, but you don't see me arguing with a 55,000 USD job.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/kenkenya0407/status/662297433007722496?s=09

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

To add to book adaptation chat: All the different versions of romance of the three kingdoms must count surely.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gotta study this for my English course

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, these past 7 days have been an endless trial. Being a(n anime) dad sure is tough. Currently watching the Aziz Ansari show. Is it odd that I find the beard-faced tall guy really loving annoying?

fake edit: Still haven't decided the format for Yu*Yu*Hakusho.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

After a week of not watching anime, I am now watching a bunch because it's too cold to do anything more than watching stuff

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also I've seen the YYH anime and read a bit of the manga and while there are pros and cons to both options I feel the former is the better choice.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dunno. Depends on why you stopped watching.

I just stopped after Yorknew City because it seemed like a decent stopping point, I didn't have much time coming up to watch, and I just never got back to it. I really do like the Phantom Troupe as antagonists, though. They don't just disappear from the story, do they?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AlternateNu posted:

I just stopped after Yorknew City because it seemed like a decent stopping point, I didn't have much time coming up to watch, and I just never got back to it. I really do like the Phantom Troupe as antagonists, though. They don't just disappear from the story, do they?

They pop up in the Greed Island arc and the arc after that, but not to the extent that they did in Yorknew.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm getting really behind on all the shows I'm watching, but at least it'll be nice to catch up and have several episodes to watch all at once.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

press circle to marry immediately

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:nallears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGImt5ikC0A
Nichijou x OPM

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

good

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Srice posted:

Also I've seen the YYH anime and read a bit of the manga and while there are pros and cons to both options I feel the former is the better choice.

Same.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I heard they don't bench Kuwabara at the end of the manga though, which is a definite plus.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I like this kaiji one shot that just shows that he'd be even more hosed if he didn't enter the dark spiral he's currently trapped in. The man cannot catch a break.
I believe that one day Kaiji will be free of the hell he's dug for himself.

Srice posted:

Dude just has a terrible gambling problem and doesn't know when to quit, but heck that's what makes Kaiji Kaiji.
Kaiji has a lot more problems than just that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I believe that one day Kaiji will be free of the hell he's dug for himself.

Watching him continue digging is why I can't handle Kaiji. It's too much.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah absolutely.

It's just the icing on the cake, when he finally scores victories and proceeds to lose it all shortly after.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

yes

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Everything Burrito posted:

Watching him continue digging is why I can't handle Kaiji. It's too much.
The Kaiji E/N thread.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

I like how the cop that's after Cat's Eye goes to their restaurant "Cat's Eye" every day.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mah wife

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like how the cop that's after Cat's Eye goes to their restaurant "Cat's Eye" every day.

And also that they don't wear masks while thieving

And also that one of the thieves is his fiance

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanna believe that when making City Hunter the creator decided to make a protagonist that was everything the Cat's Eye cop was not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Attention bad Seafood. The Kazuya-hen arc of Kaiji has Been fully translated for your reading pleasure.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have only read about a fourth of Part 3, cool to hear that Part 4 is finished.

Used to have no Kaiji scans at all and now these days they're really making progress. Sometimes scanlators do right, after all...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:lol: KnB and Hinomaru Zumou did a crossover

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think today I will finally get around to finishing the bonus case in AA5. Still weird having a certain character around, though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

I think today I will finally get around to finishing the bonus case in AA5. Still weird having a certain character around, though.

the dolphin believes in you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Srice posted:

I wanna believe that when making City Hunter the creator decided to make a protagonist that was everything the Cat's Eye cop was not.

• Locked thread