Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Royal Revolt 2 is a freemium strategy / tower defense / base building game for ios and android. You build up your castle, research stronger troops, spells, towers and traps. Gold is gained by raiding other players, and also passively through your taverns. In order to raid your army needs food, which comes from your farms. It's sort of a mix between clash of clans clones, a tower defense, and an unabashed cash grab. I have no idea what you are revolting against, I never played the first one.

Your character (or Hero) has three primary skills.

Health: Your character's available health points (HP).
Damage: The amount of melee damage your character can deal. Your hero deals normal damage.
Leadership: Determines the starting morale as well as the rate at which your morale bar will fill during battle.
There are secondary skills as well

Shields against certain damage types (e.g. ice, fire).
Damage of a certain type (e.g. ice, fire). Only found on weapons and gauntlets.
Boost to leadership.
Boost to "Scream": Allowing you to call your troops more often.
Boost to walking speed. Only found on boots.
Boost to percent of gold increase when attacking.
Health/damage/leadership may also be found as secondary statistics.

Also dress up

Basic strategy:

The game has 5 damage types:

Blunt: Strong vs Buildings
Ice: Strong vs Pyromancers, Paladins, Gargoyles, Werewolves, Mortars Blockades Also slows, typically low damage, but the slowing effect is powerful.
Fire: Strong vs cannons, Mummies, Arbalesters, Mortars, Barricades.
Normal: Strong vs Paladins, Barricades and Blockades.
Piercing: Strong vs the Ogre
Poison: Strong vs Paladins, and Arbalesters, and the King. Poison deals stacking damage over time, which means even once you get out of the poison you'll still take a few seconds of damage. Most of my failed attacks are due to poison.

You want something to help you kill towers. Ogre and Cannons can hit all towers, paladins can hit all towers except firebolt towers.

Generally I roll with a tanky unit, either palading, or Ogres, some kind of ranged unit (frosters, or arbalesters, especially boosted) and
Mummies. Mummies have the unique ability to spawn right next to you, rather than at your tent.

Spells can assist you, especially in dealing with buildings or large amounts of enemy troops:
The spells work in a somewhat confusing way, any spell that has a duration, will start doing it's damage to anything it touches and continue doing so until the spell ends. So if you start a spell you can run around, and everything you touch with it will take some damage. The things you touch first will take the most damage, obviously.

You'll also want to build up your defenses, to protect your gold and trophies from being taken from you by other revolting kings.

Did I say cash grab?
There's regular gold, your generic currency for upgrading buildings, units, spells, traps, researching etc..
Gems are your generic "super" currency, which can buy anything, and some things require gems, earn from generic achievement type quests, or buy with real money.
Pearls you gain from the use of gems, and there is no other way to get them (you can't even buy them).
Vouchers are gained from "friend codes" as well as in game quests.
There's also the in alliance currency, given when players donate gold to the alliance, used for elite boosts.

Do you want to play with Goons?
I created ugievarcherstoo for goons, by goons, and force leveled up the alliance some currently the alliance is open. If we max out on players or other goon clans form, I'll post them here.

Apparently friend codes expire in 100 hours. Post to request one, and someone can generate one for you to get some kind of starting bonus.
to enter a friend code follow this little steps:
► Click on Social Icon or at the shining banner above in the main menu
► Click on "Friends" card
► Then on "Invite Friends" button
► Then on the Voucher Bazaar just click on the square button that ask "Enter here the code"
► As last enter the code of your friend to get 150 vouchers

If you're interested in playing, please use the last friend code posted in the thread, then post your friend code.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
FAQ:
What do I do, how do I move my guy?

Basically just put your finger on the screen, and your king will follow it around. You will swing constantly, attacking whatever is nearest. If you tap a building or unit you will focus on that as opposed to other things in range.

How do I use spells?

Tap the spell, and it will be cast, all spells are essentially aoe based on the kings location.

How do I summon troops?

Tap them, each troop type takes up a certain number of "bars" of leadership, your leadership score determines how quickly you generate more leadership.

How do I join the alliance?

Build your alliance tower, and you can join the alliance.

How can I get gems without handing over any money?

Click on tapjoy, download apps, run them for 30-120 seconds, delete, free gems. If you're on a windows phone, I think you are out of luck.

War Seasons consists of number of "wars" or we'll call them battles. Each battle takes about 23.5 hours, and can consist of you attacking or defending a hex. The winner, the alliance with the most skulls after 24 hours controls the hex. Possible skulls are based on your trophy count and level vs the other player, and how far you get in to their base gives you a percentage of available skulls.

Skull result for attacks on cut ya cut ya (from my perspective):

Rewards I've earned so far this war, rewards I could earn:

Standings after about 20 hours in our first war

General quick tips:
If you wait to collect chests until your silo is full of food, you will only get gold/gems/pearls/equipment. If you have both your treasure chamber and silo full, you can only get pearls/gems/equipment.

Feel free to rush your throne room. There is no penalty for having a higher level throne room or lower level throne room than a target

Don't level up everything indiscriminately, some spells and troops are only good for a while.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 18, 2015

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post
I'll give it a go: IQRCVUMV

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Welcome :P

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Neither of those codes work. But UGievArchers is annoying me so I'm joining up for a little bit at least.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

They expire in 100 hours. Why flaregames.

HNSLRVFBS

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 13, 2015

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
My current code:

YOZGDNLTE

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

A little experimenting with the voucher codes shows you can only add 1 persons voucher code, but you can give your voucher code to lots of people, so it's much like a multi level marketing campaign. Ultimately our lower level guys should be giving out the vouchers, so only use mine as a last restor.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
In on this! Heres my code for a goon to use: EEGNYMRHR

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Dogo posted:

In on this! Heres my code for a goon to use: EEGNYMRHR

I added you "owninator" to my friends list, once you complete some quests, build the alliance tower, and you can join ugievarcherstoo, you'll get some bonus gold when you raid, plus someone to chat with. And I think we'll be participating in the next war season.

If you're new don't feel obligated to donate to the alliance, I can handle that. If you're dead set on buying gems, wait for a sale, they are frequent, and often quite generous (+100% gems often).

Once we have a core of players and people are leveled up a bit we can grind up the alliance level some.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 15, 2015

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

new voucher: WCELJXAQJ

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

psychicattack posted:

new voucher: WCELJXAQJ

I've added my one code I can add, but put your code in alliance chat someone will pick it up soon i think

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
We need more goons to join the alliance! The next war season starts in 4 days and it would be nice to get a good group going to kick this off.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

For whatever reason, flare games has created a poll to allow you to pick which boosts are appropriate for the upcoming war, feel free to vote away. Polls on the internet never go wrong, right?

https://flaregames.typeform.com/to/WeajDK?utm_content=buffer13c03&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
ok fine I will try this for at least a little while. NO GUARANTEES ON LONGEVITY as I don't usually like TD games.

what is the current code or whatever

edit: ok so I'm sitting here in the tutorial and have just been tapping the stupid shield for like five minutes summoning knights. does this ever loving end? I finally paused it just to type this post.

edit2: oh, you're supposed to move or whatever. it gave no indication that I was supposed to be attacking, I thought I was defending.

ExtraFox fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 17, 2015

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I guess my code is QZOBXEYD

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Maybe I need to put together a little getting started tutorial.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
so is the code thing like a pyramid scheme? I put in the code that was posted in UGA in CoC and now I can't figure out how to add more codes

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

ExtraFox posted:

so is the code thing like a pyramid scheme? I put in the code that was posted in UGA in CoC and now I can't figure out how to add more codes

Yes.

I specifically said to get someone else's code - because I'm high level already. You can enter 1 person's code, you can have up to 20 people using your code.

If it makes you feel better I spent 20 bucks on gems to level up the alliance, so it's not like getting a few vouchers I'm coming out ahead.

I'm hoping we'll switch to a more general goon model, the newest join will use the latest person's code (at this point yours):

QZOBXEYD

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
ok, I just put in the code from the CoC chat without looking at this thread first and admittedly I skimmed it

SORRY Y'ALL

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

ExtraFox posted:

ok, I just put in the code from the CoC chat without looking at this thread first and admittedly I skimmed it

SORRY Y'ALL

It's a stupid system, and it's additionally complicated because your code is only good for 100 hours.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

ExtraFox posted:

edit: ok so I'm sitting here in the tutorial and have just been tapping the stupid shield for like five minutes summoning knights. does this ever loving end? I finally paused it just to type this post.

edit2: oh, you're supposed to move or whatever. it gave no indication that I was supposed to be attacking, I thought I was defending.

I too am well versed in poopgames and did the exact same thing.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

So the current war season "base boosts" or however you want to think about it:

Turbo paladin, accursed tower. Accordingly I've boosted paladins as well, making them fast and heal each hit. I highly recommend you get on and try just ramming paladins into everything, they work hilariously well.

Probably a moment to reflect on flare games game philosophy. They aren't trying to make a game that's particularly balanced, rather they make broken stuff available to everyone, and its up to you to exploit it.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/007Js4T.jpg[/img]

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 19, 2015

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Is the game down this morning? I haven't been able to get into my village to queue upgrades.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Dogo posted:

Is the game down this morning? I haven't been able to get into my village to queue upgrades.

I've been able to get in, they do a maintenance break around 2 am usually, but other than that I think it's been up.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Would you put up some battle strategies please I'm going in blind here

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

psychicattack posted:

Would you put up some battle strategies please I'm going in blind here

I tried to post about the interactions.

Basically I leveled up via paladins + cannon + arbelesters.

Frosters substitute well for arbelesters.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Could use a friend code, last one posted here is invalid.

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

pseudanonymous posted:

I tried to post about the interactions.

Basically I leveled up via paladins + cannon + arbelesters.

Frosters substitute well for arbelesters.

Well I need a lot of hand holding ok

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

psychicattack posted:

Well I need a lot of hand holding ok

No I'm saying, I edited the op to include some basic strategy, will try to do a better job later.

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

:420::350:DABS ALL DAY :350::420:
Friend code : XOTWWXMUK

This game is a lot of fun for quick breaks. Its fast and doesn't require a lot of planning on the attacks. I've never played a tower defense game before so designing a good path is pretty interesting, I just wish there were replays so I could see what people did.

Also use paladins right now while they are turbo-boosted, i'll spawn 3 or 4 and just run behind them, they don't die easily and heal themselves on hits.

As for the wars, imo when you are just starting attack the lowest bases to guarantee yourself max skulls on at least 3 of them, then use your other attacks to attempt higher bases or just hit the same ones for the bonus skulls at the end.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
bump because I like this the more I play it. my current friend code is YRREGSHYC

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

We came in 2nd in our first war, out of 6, which is pretty good. Better than 5 alliances anyway. So we have mummies boosted for the next few days. I'll try to rejigger the op to be more friendly in the next few days.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
ISYSXLBDR (and I could use a code myself)

I don't suppose there's a way to unequip scrolls, or is there?

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 7, 2015

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~

Ephemeron posted:

ISYSXLBDR (and I could use a code myself)

I don't suppose there's a way to unequip scrolls, or is there?

god I wish.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

ExtraFox posted:

god I wish.
Figures. Nothing says "cash grab" like a big fatfingerable button that spends IAP currency without confirmation. Hope you weren't going to use that half of the screen for movement or anything!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Ephemeron posted:

Figures. Nothing says "cash grab" like a big fatfingerable button that spends IAP currency without confirmation. Hope you weren't going to use that half of the screen for movement or anything!

It's an extremely lovely "working as intended", especially now that all scrolls cost gems. I find that I've gotten used enough to it that I never hit it by accident anymore unless I am in some super awkward position in bed or something.

Honestly if I could change one thing about the game it'd probably be that. At least you can just get gems by downloading, running and deleting apps via tapjoy, but it's still super obnoxious.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Sanders asked me to test his defenses:

This is his current set up. It's pretty good, he has an early kill zone set up, with a barrier backed up by fire arrow towers, so an enemy king may get hit by as many as 4 towers at once.

The kill zone is a bit early, because the wave is actually not hitting the king right as he hits the towers. Ideally some tank unit is hopping over the initial barrier to keep the king from hitting the barricade/towers easily, while ranged units shelter behind it, stalling and doing DPS.

I'd consider changing your pathing line up to a zig zag, like the one in the OP, and switch your unit selection up a bit.

My waves are basically 1 paladin + 1 froster + 1 arbelester + 1 pyro +1 archer + 1 mortar + 1 archer + swordsmen to fill, in that order of priority, based on how much room I have. I think this set up leverages the existing dps and stall of towers and barricades the best.

So for Slanders I'd switch up the waves, don't worry about having ogres, try to get your paladin + froster + arbelester in each wave. Then focus on upgrading the first 5 waves (as you upgrade your gate and your path gets longer, the first waves will spawn multiple times. Therefore your very first wave should always be your highest level, as it will always spawn twice) and those core troops (especially paladins/arbelesters) since those tend to be the ones we boost as well.

Long term focus on switching to mostly firebolt/poison/death towers as they become available.

Also be realistic. If people with 1000 trophies above you are hitting your base during wars, there's not much you can do. I beat your base without summoning any troops whatsoever in about 70 seconds, but that's because I have 1500 trophies on you.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
ooh do mine it's probably awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

pseudanonymous posted:

Sanders asked me to test his defenses:

This is his current set up. It's pretty good, he has an early kill zone set up, with a barrier backed up by fire arrow towers, so an enemy king may get hit by as many as 4 towers at once.

The kill zone is a bit early, because the wave is actually not hitting the king right as he hits the towers. Ideally some tank unit is hopping over the initial barrier to keep the king from hitting the barricade/towers easily, while ranged units shelter behind it, stalling and doing DPS.

I'd consider changing your pathing line up to a zig zag, like the one in the OP, and switch your unit selection up a bit.

My waves are basically 1 paladin + 1 froster + 1 arbelester + 1 pyro +1 archer + 1 mortar + 1 archer + swordsmen to fill, in that order of priority, based on how much room I have. I think this set up leverages the existing dps and stall of towers and barricades the best.

So for Slanders I'd switch up the waves, don't worry about having ogres, try to get your paladin + froster + arbelester in each wave. Then focus on upgrading the first 5 waves (as you upgrade your gate and your path gets longer, the first waves will spawn multiple times. Therefore your very first wave should always be your highest level, as it will always spawn twice) and those core troops (especially paladins/arbelesters) since those tend to be the ones we boost as well.

Long term focus on switching to mostly firebolt/poison/death towers as they become available.

Also be realistic. If people with 1000 trophies above you are hitting your base during wars, there's not much you can do. I beat your base without summoning any troops whatsoever in about 70 seconds, but that's because I have 1500 trophies on you.

Thanks. I was trying to place it early to try to prevent attacking army from ramping, but I see what you mean about not having contact with the first wave. I didn't realize the first wave was repeated. I had been trying to get a ranged-heavy wave to the last corner around the time I (while attacking) get to the first corner. That way you have a bunch of wizards and arblasters basically follow you along the path to the right.

• Locked thread