Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i think a death counts for an exemption
so if your alcoholism is getting to you just knock off a family member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm out. Just too much pussy at the bars here.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I'm out. Just too much pussy at the bars here.

:hfive:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm going sober for a full year starting January 1. Not for any real reason, just to do it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I'm going sober for a full year starting January 1. Not for any real reason, just to do it.

one of us one of us

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

youll have to start beating more prostitutes than usual to unwind

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
This weekend is a free pass, right?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

This weekend is a free pass, right?

Give them an inch and they take a mile

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Putting the tree up either Friday or Saturday with my kids.

I'm either making screwdrivers or Harvey Wallbangers.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Syrian Lannister posted:

Putting the tree up either Friday or Saturday with my kids.

I'm either making screwdrivers or Harvey Wallbangers.

Jesus christ I can't believe Thanksgiving is in three days. Didn't we just loving have Halloween?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Yup.

This weekend was a blast after hanging out in the mountains and doing a bunch of hiking/cool poo poo. I'm back at work for a few days where I'm expecting we're gonna fly our rear end off before Thursday. I'm going to go back on my word and I will be drinking, heavily, come Turkey Day.

Also the wife's family out of Alaska is overnighting a ton of alaskan crab, and smoked salmon. Not traditional thanksgiving protein but I'm so loving stoked.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Used my free pass this past weekend. Probably going to carry over Thanksgiving to black Friday, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao I've pretty much failed my own challenge delete this trash thread we're embarassing

Welp off to AA tonight

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lmao I've pretty much failed my own challenge delete this trash thread we're embarassing

Welp off to AA tonight

Keep coming back, it works if you work it you're worth it so work it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Keep coming back, it works if you work it you're worth it so work it.

I need a drink to just decipher this.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

At this point you guys should resurrect my drink counting thread from yesteryear. Drink all you want but your shame is public!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Do we have enough sober goons for GiP AA meetings yet?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Idk, the smifnoff ice power hour from the march 2012 sobriety challenge was pretty effective at dissuading people from giving up.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just got my dog's ashes and I haven't been sober since little bud left. I'm a failure at this challenge but I seriously cannot handle this. I miss my pup.

Edit blah blah crutch blah blah better sober blah deal with the pain nah bro

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Just got my dog's ashes and I haven't been sober since little bud left. I'm a failure at this challenge but I seriously cannot handle this. I miss my pup.

Edit blah blah crutch blah blah better sober blah deal with the pain nah bro

:smith:

Had to do two last year. I know what your going through.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Syrian Lannister posted:

:smith:

Had to do two last year. I know what your going through.

Sorry bro.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I am a firm proponent of if you can drink without tanking your life, do it up. Gentleman face adversity head on, turn this sobriety challenge into an unsobriety challenge.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Not gonna lie I'm feeling pretty awesome cutting my ABSURD DRINKING PROBLEM from 2-3 beers on my off days *3-4 times a week* to having one night of drinking since this competition went on.

I probably don't need this challenge to continue that, or if there's a challenge with harsher punishments such as an hour of power I can totally get behind that too.

In fact, getting wasted on Smirnoff in front of my wife in an hour could be awesome...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
have any of you weak willed bitches not drank in the 2 weeks since you took up the yoke of sobriety?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

have any of you weak willed bitches not drank in the 2 weeks since you took up the yoke of sobriety?

yo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

obviously you. im asking all these johnny come latelys

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i got trashed on saturday and failed out of the challenge

went to my third aa meeting in three days tonight. have been sober since saturday

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Not I

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Crashed out the last three nights. Going to try again after the weekend.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nope. I only drink on the weekends though. Especially now that my laptop died. It's Friday night. Should I sit inside and read a book or watch Netflix on my phone? Nope I'm going out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Two Finger posted:

went to my third aa meeting in three days tonight. have been sober since saturday

AA works if you want to stay stopped, I went from a few years ago a guy who woke up with the shakes and unable to hold a job to a productive and successful business career which I walked away from to join the military!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Only my free pass Two weekends ago, aside from that I haven't had access to it or didn't feel the need... Or at work. So I guess I don't win either

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

You're doing well :)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks guys pretty clear I have gently caress all control anymore. Doing a meeting every night this week. Still haven't had a drink.

Aside from green tea, that is. 4+ a day of those.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Thanks guys pretty clear I have gently caress all control anymore. Doing a meeting every night this week. Still haven't had a drink.

Aside from green tea, that is. 4+ a day of those.

Whatever works for you. I still have a compulsion to have something to sip on all the time, so it's coffee/water during the day and seltzer/OJ at night.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

AA works if you want to stay stopped, I went from a few years ago a guy who woke up with the shakes and unable to hold a job to a productive and successful business career which I walked away from to join the military!

and so the circle is complete

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

woke up sober for the fifth day in a row :smug:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

Keep it up dude.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

proud of u :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Two Finger posted:

congo-rats dudemeister, keep on keeping on.

I'm thinking about following suit with calling it quits on the semi-routine drinking. After being sober for all but one of the days since this event started I drank yesterday in celebration of america being awesome and having tons of food (lol Ethiopia). Waking up this morning in a food/booze hangover I must admit, I miss the feeling of waking up fresh that I have recently grown accustom to.

• Locked thread