Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
WIP

PM me for textures!

:siren:Quick Guidelines::siren:
1) No submitting :nws:, :nms:, or extremely low-effort content. Ask me if unsure.
2) Keep the original file name, texture dimensions, PNG file-type, and transparency if there is any.
3) You have 5 days to finish your pack and can only work on one at a time.
4) No Lizard Wizard™.
5) DON'T USE MS PAINT YOU SCROTE
6) If you have a technical problem or question while editing a pack 100% of the time I can answer it if you PM me.

Welcome to the Let's Repaint Thread! An experimental thread inspired by Games Repainted.

What?

Hi my name is Putty! You probably know me either as "That LPer with the funny accent" or "GBS". Before I joined SA to read Dangan Ronpa I was just a poor little man making Youtube Poops and general dumb content using already existing assets with the goal of creating something new. When I learned about things like mods and custom texture packs for existing games I didn't think much of them. I've created a few texture packs for some games and figured it was a long and tedious process not worth my time if only a few people were going to download them. Once I found Games Repainted though, the concept of making the retexturing of a game a collaborative effort sounded like an awesome and hilarious idea and here we are now. I'm going to start this thread with Mario Party 7 as the game of choice and if that retexturing is successful we'll see what comes next.

Me and all you goons are going to work together to create the worst texture packs of all time.

I want to help! What can I do?

The process will call for many goons replacing many textures over a period of time until a sizeable amount of them have been replaced.

I have been working tooth and nail in order to create a collection of assets that won't crash the game and are generally safe to replace. Those who choose to help will be designated a pack of 25 or so textures from the collection by me for them to replace with whatever they want. Anything is fair game as long as you don't break the rules above. When you finish your pack and hand it back to me I'll let you choose if you want to texture some more. Will you use this power for good or evil?

As fellow LPers I think I can assume you know how to edit images. I recommend Photoshop for any sort of editing, but Gimp and Paint.Net are your freeware alternatives.

What about editing sounds? Are certain textures off limits?

Sounds are something dependent on the system. If the game being edited was for example a Source engine game it can be done, but something on say the Gamecube would be off-limits take some time. If sound/music does get edited it will probably be something I did myself.

I've chosen to exclude the ability for people to edit stuff like fonts, numbers, and HUD elements because those break very easily and the ability to read legibly is good. Some textures also crash the game if edited so those are not included in the collection. The more games that get repainted means more knowledge on what works and what can be done.

I don't want to help! What can I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjytAc-quyI

Games:

Game in progress!

Anal Canal #1 (W/ Putty, CharlestonJew, Pins, and Turtlicious(first vid))

9/11 in Space #1 (W/ Putty, Skunkrocker, and some dead possums)
9/11 in Space #2
9/11 in Space #3
9/11 in Space #4

Pagoda Penis #1 (W/ TurboFlamingChicken and his congregation)
Pagoda Penis #2
Pagoda Penis #3
Pagoda Penis #4

Download this pack!

MDickie's Hard Time #1 (W/ Putty, CharlestonJew, King Cohort, and Clayren)
MDickie's Hard Time #2
MDickie's Hard Time #3
MDickie's Hard Time #4

Putty fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Game #1: Mario Party 7

I've picked Mario Party because it is a game I fondly remember as a kid and will be playable with others for a new party twist if the twist was memes and the party was memes. I picked 7 because it's the one peopled hated the most before Mario Party 9 put you in a shopping kart. We'll play one game on each board, then go over the minigames that didn't get shown after that (mic minigames are disabled and I didn't bother adding textures for them). Toadsworth will be there to make the LP educational unless I texture his mouth and eyes shut.

:siren:For this one if you want to help texture please PM ME on SA or add me on Steam to get a pack! Just asking in the thread won't be enough!:siren: You can also PM me if you're confused about anything or need ideas.

If you want twice as many textures per pack (50 instead of 25) please specify. Be sure to return them within 5 days!

(updated 12/7)

FINISHED!

If you want to see these updated in real time I could post them daily on Twitter I guess so follow me there.

Putty fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 8, 2015

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
i cant wait to replace every texture with wolfjob

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
mario party 7 is the best in the series can't wait

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

PM sent.

Looking forward to it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm just posting to confirm that Putty is indeed GBS incarnated.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
im gay

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Ok

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
also FYI i pretty much know where every non-generic texture goes now so if you have questions about your pack feel free to ask

idk what i'm gonna do for content in this thread in the meantime, the meat of it is the final surprise!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I wanna help. Gimme those textures. I don't care if I get grass or tree bark.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I want in, gimme those texxxxxxxxs

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Please give me a texture and a meme.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
bark

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Screw it, I got nothing else. Let's do some textures.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
Just realized that if most of the LP forums is making these then I'm worried about the quality of meme

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
link this in meme thread?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Blind Sally posted:

no... *smacks u*

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Blind Sally posted:

Meme's?! Please I have more class then that. Sample from my texture pack:

I think It's the top of a tower or something, whatever who cares it's a CLASSY tower.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

On my third texture pack.

This is going to be awesome. :3:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gridlocked posted:

Meme's?! Please I have more class then that. Sample from my texture pack:

I think It's the top of a tower or something, whatever who cares it's a CLASSY tower.

you're a lot more classy than me

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Suspicious Dish posted:

you're a lot more classy than me

and youre more classy than me

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Ok I'm done with mine.

Send me more headshots like these .

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
PM sent awaiting reply. I hope you guys understand video game references.

K-ParAdoX
Jul 12, 2004
...but.this.phone.is. always.off.it's.hook...
Maybe I'll hop in when it's something other than Mario Party. I've been pretty ambivalent about them since I don't have many other friends interested in them either, and the ones that do like the series are better left avoided.

Apart from that, this concept sounds super neat, so if something interesting comes along, I'll see what I can come up with.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm trying out fiddling with colour settings for textures that are supposed to go over meshes because I have no idea how to do them properly.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I dont understand whats going on.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey Putty is it only Goons doing textures for you? 3080 is A LOT of textures. It's taking me a while to make ones I find funny. Am I putting too much effort into these?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Gridlocked posted:

Hey Putty is it only Goons doing textures for you? 3080 is A LOT of textures. It's taking me a while to make ones I find funny. Am I putting too much effort into these?

A pack took me a couple of hours at least.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Gridlocked posted:

this is the kind of thing I expect to take a month or more to finish, which is why I'm still going to be doing Mario Maker as well as this

as of now 16% of all the total assets have been shipped out and 6.3% of the total have been handed back

if your having trouble finding stupid poo poo try looking at youtube thumbnails or weird gaming montages or anything

Putty fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 9, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
you can't change waluigi, he's already perfect

just retexture everything to be waluigi

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
quick preview of basically what i did to 3 entire packs.

also the game needed more clowns.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Pyroi posted:

you can't change waluigi, he's already perfect

just retexture everything to be waluigi

Do we even need a thread anymore after this idea? It's pretty much perfect for any situation.

wah!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
here are the totally not useless highscores as of now(i've only counted what I've received back):

Contributor High Scores:
1st: Pins (75)
2nd: SystemLogoff (50)
3rd: Putty (27)

can u do better??????

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Give me a texture and a meme.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Please send me a texture and meme? I can whip out a meme texture in as little as a few hours after this post right here!

E: sometime after 5 because I'm still at work. :v:

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 10, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Boss Wiggler posted:

quick preview of basically what i did to 3 entire packs.

also the game needed more clowns.

Needs more Burg:

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Gridlocked posted:

Needs more Burg:

hah! your burg needs more (slow)beef!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Boss Wiggler posted:

hah! your burg needs more (slow)beef!

That's the size of the texture sadly :(

Also I am drawing silly MS Paint Stache's on everything.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

anime sucks

Sincerely
Pins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

quote:

(updated 11/9 @ 9:15PM)