Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
so i was in a walgreens today and i saw this

so yeah everything is being cross-marketed, to the extent that sweaty neckbeard man franchises are being marketed to people who actually put on makeup

its kind of lol, just lol

e: lol i hosed up the title of the campaign

That Robot fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm on the wild side

*flips u off while air guitaring

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

That Robot posted:

so yeah everything is being cross-marketed, to the extent that sweaty neckbeard man franchises are being marketed to people who actually put makeup

Next thing you know, there will be girl gamers!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

BigBoss posted:

lol i'm okay with that

but this is funny

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

BigBoss posted:

Dear God, man!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

That Robot posted:

lol i'm okay with that

but this is funny

It's funny only because there is no way that lovely Cover Girl makeup was used in any of those photos.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Star Wars is bad and Covergirl products are bad so I can certainly see the connection here.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
stormtrooper eyebrows actually still looks slightly less retarded than those 1 inch thick rectangle make up eyebrows girls on campus were doing for like a year

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Modest Mauser posted:

Star Wars is bad and Covergirl products are bad so I can certainly see the connection here.
:can:

dirk0
Jun 24, 2004
They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!
Dinosaur Gum
So, the 80's are back? Sweeeet!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

stormtrooper eyebrows actually still looks slightly less retarded than those 1 inch thick rectangle make up eyebrows girls on campus were doing for like a year

I think it's best when people alternate. 1 day it's huge eyebrows, the next it's those skinny chola eyebrows.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i started buying deodorant ever since they put a yoda on it

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm on the side that looks more like a living human, so i guess the selsun blue endcap at the other side of the aisle.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Wait when did Star Wars start having mystics and when did Stormtroopers start wearing makeup?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
I'm on the side that rubs a layer of white and pink paint on my face and paint huge black geometric shapes around my eyes before I leave the house apparently. I don't leave the house often.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BigBoss posted:

It's funny only because there is no way that lovely Cover Girl makeup was used in any of those photos.

Imagine trying to use Covergirl products to contour your face like "Stormtrooper". Ouch.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
all advertisements are stupid and subversive and self serving who cares OP welcome to the western world

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Do you have an urge to kill younglings or to not get married?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Covergirl: make your desicated anorexic masculine face look like a drag queen.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

BigBoss posted:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

grocery stories fence off the makeup section because women are klepto

all the tools, automotive, and hardware are always freely available lmbo broads

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The only reason to go to Walgreen's is to stock up on condoms and off brand Drakkar Noir

Argh
Feb 15, 2005
where can i get my star wars pumpkin spice

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Finally, makeup that can make your girlfriend look like a Bioware game character.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Arian_Samurai posted:

The only reason to go to Walgreen's is to stock up on condoms and off brand Drakkar Noir

Their clearance aisle is pretty good. Oh, and those 8-packs of cookies for a buck that taste like cooking oil but it's still 8 cookies for a buck.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Finally, makeup that can make your girlfriend look like a Bioware game character.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Another good reason to go to Walgreen's is for those giant cans of iced tea for 99 cents

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
every other week they're on sale 2 for 1 so its fifty cents a can now that's some tasty and cheep hydration

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Arian_Samurai posted:

Another good reason to go to Walgreen's is for those giant cans of iced tea for 99 cents

Once I went to a diner and ordered a tea. They put one of those giant 99 ¢ cans on the table and then charged me two bucks!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

Once I went to a diner and ordered a tea. They put one of those giant 99 ¢ cans on the table and then charged me two bucks!

I am very angry on your behalf right now.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
what makeup do i buy to look lke this?

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Drink Cheerwine posted:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also Walgreens has a store brand cold & flu nighttime liquid that's light blue and it knocks me out like a pro and I've been a drunk for years so that says something. Also it doesn't taste like drinking a bunch of melted lollipops.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Argh posted:

where can i get my star wars pumpkin spice

for serious i did see pumpkin spice oreos or someshit there too

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It always bugged me when the GI Joe movie was coming out a buncha years back and the trailer went all "JOE OR COBRA! CHOSE YOUR SIDE!!!"

Im all 'what the gently caress do you even mean? This is a goddamn movie not a videogame holy poo poo.'

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

That Robot posted:

so yeah everything is being cross-marketed, to the extent that sweaty neckbeard man franchises are being marketed to people who actually put on makeup

e: lol i hosed up the title of the campaign

this aint new. Occasionally a girl will watch this. Or maybe guys will buy it for their mom?

it was always like this

ChairmanMeow fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 9, 2015

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Drink Cheerwine posted:

this is some edgy, innovative stuff. it is so innovative that i cannot even speak and convey the amount of creativity you put into this very original joke

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

That Robot posted:

this is some edgy, innovative stuff. it is so innovative that i cannot even speak and convey the amount of creativity you put into this very original joke

Ya'know my man it felt to me like Drink Cheerwine was kinda settin' up a classic laugh to be had honestly

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

star wars is the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

these dont even make sense wt gently caress

• Locked thread