Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Point of note: "learnt" is an accepted past tense of "learn," so that's not really Engrishy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Magicpokey posted:

Edit: VVVVVV Fair enough, my mistake. I did not know that about Learned/Learnt. Thanks for the clarification! This, however, will not be the last time we see some engrish in this game... :cheeky:

Of that I've no doubt.

I'm pretty sure I saw this on Game Center CX back in the day. It looks pretty rough later on.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hayato being blond in the original Japanese can't help but remind me of the forthcoming Nioh, which features a blond protagonist by making the hero a European ex-pat on a mission to kill yokai.

Neat cultural update, by the way, especially for the Korean version. I had heard of Hwarang before but never read up about them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

There was a phase when I was in high school where teenage girls would wear cicada husks. They had them in their hair, perched on their shirts and some, like my sister, put them in their ears like earrings.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Don't get murdered by weather or looters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Glad you're okay!

• Locked thread