Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

symbolic posted:

it was the 1800s

no one liked black people

or asians for that matter

or native americans

or anyone not white i guess i'm trying to say

ah, america

America is basically like high school.

Seniors bully and haze freshmen. Eventually the freshmen become seniors and start the whole process again.

I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

symbolic posted:

it was the 1800s

or native americans

ah, america

Ah, the entire world since it began.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Some real billy joel poo poo. Anyway, this movie is horrible. Just awful. I'm gonna have to mainline Cold Mountain to get the foul aftertaste out.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

etalian posted:

America is basically like high school.

Seniors bully and haze freshmen. Eventually the freshmen become seniors and start the whole process again.

I

Pretty much. Irish immigrants had vested interest in keeping at least one group lower on the totem pole than themselves.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Illavick posted:

Some real billy joel poo poo. Anyway, this movie is horrible. Just awful. I'm gonna have to mainline Cold Mountain to get the foul aftertaste out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Yes very good you figured out what I was alluding to. Everything worked out perfectly, thank you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Illavick posted:

Yes very good you figured out what I was alluding to. Everything worked out perfectly, thank you.

my god you are boring.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

my god you are boring.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I watched Glory in middle school, and a teacher had recorded it on VHS from a network TV broadcast. Montel Williams did an introduction in a studio, in front of a giant Pepsi logo. I remember at the end of the introduction, Montel said "And now, Glory, on NBC presented by Pepsi" and walked out of frame. The camera refocused on the Pepsi logo and held it in silence for like 10 seconds.

I don't remember much of what actually happened during the movie.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

canyoneer posted:

I watched Glory in middle school, and a teacher had recorded it on VHS from a network TV broadcast. Montel Williams did an introduction in a studio, in front of a giant Pepsi logo. I remember at the end of the introduction, Montel said "And now, Glory, on NBC presented by Pepsi" and walked out of frame. The camera refocused on the Pepsi logo and held it in silence for like 10 seconds.

I don't remember much of what actually happened during the movie.

Marketing works

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

you arent much of a professor, are you?

:thurman:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
There needs to be a General Sherman movie and when they play in it in the South, the volume is twice as loud as normal.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i'm a little thrown off by this wwII thing too, dont understand why they didnt just tactical drone strike the fuhrerbunker

also when i die bury me in a mass grave with matthew broderick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ringo Star Get posted:

There needs to be a General Sherman movie and when they play in it in the South, the volume is twice as loud as normal.
and then it catches your house on fire

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
They charge Battery Wagner from the wrong direction when compared to real history. :colbert:

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Gettysburg was an awful movie. The battles looked like a bad re-enactment.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Doesnt matthew broderick play the commander or whatever in glory? Does that movie hold up? I remember liking it when i was young they showed it at school sometimes when we got to watch movies

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

White Phosphorus posted:

Gettysburg was an awful movie. The battles looked like a bad re-enactment.

Sam Elliot is good but he's gone after the first act.

e: I like the scene where Jake Taylor gets all huffy with Ricky Vaughn's dad and tells him that no 15,000 men ever made could take that hill.

Merlot Brougham fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 11, 2015

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Lots of dudes missed on purpose.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

symbolic posted:

it was the 1800s

or native americans

ah, america

Umm, you left out the two largest groups of nonwhites to hate: Irish and Italians.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

Umm, you left out the two largest groups of nonwhites to hate: Irish and Italians.
right, right, only certain white people

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Bip Roberts posted:

Who was it even OK to like?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all people are bad if you thnk about it

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Luvcow posted:

yeah and people would also set up picnic blankets and watch

(he's not joking)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bip Roberts posted:

Red head and dusky skin papists.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Professor Shark posted:

Quick sketch of what I would do

A bunch of rebel battery commanders mouldering in their graves just popped some wood.

The first artillery battery that ranged that thing would probably piss themselves laughing for 5 minutes then blow it to hell in the next 5.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Bip Roberts posted:

seditious lincoln-supporting german and scandinavian immigrants as well who refuse to learn english and integrate into proper american culture

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Quick sketch of what I would do

How the hell do you move it across unimproved roads, across rivers and streams, and through woodland?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

use the gatling guns to cut swaths duh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

use the gatling guns to cut swaths duh
or

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hunterhr posted:

A bunch of rebel battery commanders mouldering in their graves just popped some wood.

The first artillery battery that ranged that thing would probably piss themselves laughing for 5 minutes then blow it to hell in the next 5.

Yeah well what if it's MOVING :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah well what if it's MOVING :smug:

Is it getting pulled by horses or do you just build it at the top of a hill and let gravity do the work?

• Locked thread