Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Have any of you had a friend "with benefits" before? What are the upsides and downsides to this compared to a relationship? How do you know the difference between that and wanting to date somebody, is it less romantic or something? What about when you or them start dating somebody? It sounds like a simple concept but that it could get complicated to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Town Frolics
Mar 21, 2008

It's like we've got each other's backs.
I'm fwb with your mom, OP.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
It's a lot like loving your mom, OP, because it is exactly like loving your mom

because we are all loving your mom

Sam Pink
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax
Whats it like to have friends?

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Someone will catch feelings(probably you)

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
There are a lot of good feelings associated with it, because it is fun and exciting and sexual. There is also some sadness, just because of reasons that are pretty obvious. But less sadness than not being fun and exciting and sexual, so overall yay?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's exactly like being in a regular relationship except eventually you find out she had a boyfriend the whole time.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It's like a relationship except you don't need to say good morning every day.

E: now that I think of it it's basically exactly the same thing as checking out of a relationship emotionally and going through the steps.

FWB is like being married for 25 years

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
I hear that kids today (MILLENIALS) only do FWB and don't have relationships and that's why the world is going to hell in a handbasket, ALSO rainbow parties and skinny jeans

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Smelly Bohemian posted:

I hear that kids today (MILLENIALS) only do FWB and don't have relationships and that's why the world is going to hell in a handbasket, ALSO rainbow parties and skinny jeans
leave tight pants out of this

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

It's nice to have benefits because you can get better healthcare and dental and stuff without having to pay a bunch of extra money. Getting those benefits from a friend is really nice and it is good to have such a nice friend :)

Baby Town Frolics
Mar 21, 2008

It's like we've got each other's backs.

Arian_Samurai posted:

It's exactly like being in a regular relationship except eventually you find out she had a boyfriend the whole time.

You're triggering me.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Well, first of all, you're already attractive to have a chance of this(or they're really really ugly). So you could already have lots of sex if that's all you wanted.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Sam Pink posted:

It's like being in a relationship with someone who you should never try to have sex with or molest

a bay posted:

What it's like to be friends with benefits?

It's like being in a relationship with someone who you should try to have sex with or molest.

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Sam Pink posted:

It's like having a hooker you don't pay or gently caress.

CuRvY G0oNeTTe
Oct 30, 2015

by Lowtax
Lipstick Apathy
I have many friends with benefits. It's a world of wild crazy sex. Throw some drugs into it and it's even better. Rock on

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

I have many friends with benefits. It's a world of wild crazy sex. Throw some drugs into it and it's even better. Rock on

how reckless

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

That's so bad. I bet you even have piercings and black nail polish.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What are some of the benefits you can get

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have a friend who works at Starbucks and if I press him he'll bring me back some NO2 canisters for their whipped cream dispensers and we can do whippets.

Friends with benefits.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Baby Town Frolics posted:

You're triggering me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

So exactly like a regular relationship? I don't understand.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
it's loving awful, op

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Casual sex is actually pretty great as long as she doesn't try to make your care about the personal problems that keep her from being in a real relationship.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I have a FWB thing with a girl that has a brain tumor. She knows she is going to die younger than most and she doesn't want a relationship etc. It's worked for like 10ish years? P rad I guess

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I had a relationship where we were good friends and decided it would be fun to gently caress without romantic attachment and it was cool but it eventually turned to trying to be in a relationship which was terrible and in the end we could not be romatically involved and we couldn't go back to just being friends so it wasn't worth it.

She had some big ol tittays though

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Eventually she starts flaking out and stops returning your calls and you find out a few weeks later she has a boyfriend which is alright because if you actually wanted to be together you would have made that clearer at some point :shrug:

I did this once, then when it looked like it was happening the second time I made it clear I wanted a relationship

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I get coverage through friendcare.gov.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I have one of these now, it kind of sucks. She's moving in a couple of months so a relationship is out but I really like her, she's loving another dude and it make me jealous and I get pissed thinking about it. I guess if I really loved her, I'd tell her I'd be willing to move but I'm older and realistic and I'm not moving for somebody that I might not like a year later.

Benefits aren't bad though.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Friends With Benefits is a bad idea especially with good friends. Getting jealous because she's loving 5 guys on the side etc etc and destroying the friendship in the long run sucks and is not worth it.

Acquaintances With Benefits on the other hand is loving awesome because you can just call if you want to gently caress, and if it gets to serious or the sex gets boring you can go 'gently caress It' and lose nothing worthy in your life.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Mad Monk posted:

I have one of these now, it kind of sucks. She's moving in a couple of months so a relationship is out but I really like her, she's loving another dude and it make me jealous and I get pissed thinking about it. I guess if I really loved her, I'd tell her I'd be willing to move but I'm older and realistic and I'm not moving for somebody that I might not like a year later.

lol why is she loving someone else

fwb means if you need gently caress you come over, not flip a coin to see if you get gently caress somewhere else

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I thought FWBs were Fat White Bastards.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Fit white boys

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
It's pretty good. It's like a low-intensity relationship but when you end off things it can feel like you're firing somebody. My best recommendation is that you keep it as infrequent and casual as possible to help stem any romantic feelings because one of you will eventually feel for the other. I did end up dating one of mine and we had a pretty good run. So I guess be open to that option because sometimes there really isn't any reason you're not in a relationship other than your fear of being committed or 'ruining' something good with a label.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Mad Monk posted:

lol look at this retard catching feelings for a prostitute

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Friendship is its own benefot, op.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Captain Yossarian posted:

I have a FWB thing with a girl that has a brain tumor. She knows she is going to die younger than most and she doesn't want a relationship etc. It's worked for like 10ish years? P rad I guess

that's really tragic and hosed up

i bet the sex is amazing

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

its good making sex until feelings are involved and then it is pain and sadness

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

LegoPirateNinja posted:

lol why is she loving someone else

fwb means if you need gently caress you come over, not flip a coin to see if you get gently caress somewhere else

She moved here about a year ago, she has an old boyfriend that lives about 4 hours away and he comes up sometimes to spend the weekend with her every month or so. I fill in I guess. Like I said I do like her, just not enough to move away with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Mad Monk posted:

I fill in I guess.

nice one

• Locked thread