Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

literally a fish posted:

Perhaps an Authentic Orange Lamborghini Diablo?

Those headlights are from a Nissan 300ZX, like this orange one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

op not even looking at these amazing cars

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

Those headlights are from a Nissan 300ZX, like this orange one.

But how could OP resist an Orange McLaren 650S?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

OP should not settle for less than this iconic Orange BMW E30 M3

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bacon Hat posted:

OP should not settle for less than this iconic Orange BMW E30 M3

No, he should go for this Blue BMW E30 M3

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Purple BMW E30 M3 Convertible, I choose you!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you'll be catching pussy shrapnel all over the place with this Purple Lexus IS-F

e: VV Car Game Foul! Your entry must either be a Purple car or a different colored Lexus IS-F.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 11, 2015

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

This guy put three million miles on a Red Volvo 1800S.

If you need to haul things, maybe a Yellow 1800ES.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Enourmo posted:

you'll be catching pussy shrapnel all over the place with this Purple Lexus IS-F

e: VV Car Game Foul! Your entry must either be a Purple car or a different colored Lexus IS-F.

How about this Red Lexus IS-F Woody?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

The lexus is a little sporty for OP's needs. How about this Red and Wood Land Rover Defender

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Lets get a palate cleanser.

Black and Stanced Land Rover with Children's Toy on Roof

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

gently caress all that exotic poo poo. Here's a Black Ford Mustang. :911:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Get out of here with that slow American junk. Black Honda civics are where it's at.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

starry skies above posted:

What do I do, how do I not get ripped off.

I'm thinking of buying a 2010 Hundai Elantra for $7800, with about 75k miles on it from a local dealer. Is this a bad deal?

I'm a Hyundai fan. I had a 2001 Accent that went 320,000 miles before I sold it. I'd say that this is a fair deal if the car is in great shape, and 75k miles is nearly new for a Hyundai. Maintain it well, and it will go to the moon and back.

Love,
Vitalis

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

City of Tampa posted:

i just got a two-door '98 Explorer with a manual(?!) transmission and only 88k miles for $500. It looks basically new, even the A/C is cold. I don't even need it I just couldn't pass it up for $500 with working A/C. I guess I could carry a jetski in the back when I get one

12.5 mpg?

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Toyota Camrys are the way to go. Mine is 12 years old, gets serviced irregularly, but hasn't had any major problems aside from gently caress ups by mechanics.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

transmission problems loving suck so yeah expect to pay $$ in a couple years

but yes don't buy a car, esp prolly not hyundia (they make good cars now compared to the 80s/90s but still) with 75k miles for 8k

Actually, Hyundai Motors was not even formed until 1998, so good luck finding those "80s/90s" models!

Love,
Vitalis

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

mdm posted:

old toyotas are what you want, thread is giving consistent advice. It will be cheap, when it needs repairs parts are easy to find and affordable, will go up to 500K miles probably if you're nice to it

This is a reasonable and acceptable comment, but you should expect Toyotas to not fare as well as Hyundais when it comes to maintenance costs and fuel economy. Toyotas are fine vehicles, though. I would order the three major Asian automobile manufacturers as (1) Hyundai/Kia, (2) Honda, and (3) Toyota--in terms of bang for the buck.

Love,
Vitalis

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Bajaha posted:

Get out of here with that slow American junk. Black Honda civics are where it's at.

This Civic might be a little too sensible and boring for OPs taste.

How about a black Chevrolet Camaro instead?

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tommychu posted:

You could probably find a bit better deal in a Red Dodge Journey.

You realize this is a DODGE, right?

Love,
Vitalis

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Moridin920 posted:

What kind of monthly payment budget are you looking at?

$8k for a car w/ 75k miles seems a touch expensive to me but idk that I'd call it a bad deal.

lmao at monthly payments mentality

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

$1000 for a slammed MKII Golf GTI 8v. done. make sure its already got a sub woofer. the sub is very important because it tells you about the kind of person and the modifications they may have done. then use what you saved for sticky tires, a roof rack, a new oil pan, cherry bomb exhaust, anti-sway bars and a ridiculous cam. there is a chance it will already have all of those though so just roll the dice.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 11, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Black88GTA posted:

This Civic might be a little too sensible and boring for OPs taste.

How about a black Chevrolet Camaro instead?

I found this Orange and Black Chevrolet Corsica on the local Craigslist that might interest you.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Then again OP could have loads of fun with a Black Focus RS.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Or he could skip the wait and get a nice classic Black Dodge Viper

Just have to watch the exhaust so you don't burn yourself.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bajaha posted:

Or he could skip the wait and get a nice classic Black Dodge Viper

Just have to watch the exhaust so you don't burn yourself.

Again with the Dodge. What's the matter with you?

Love,
Vitalis

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

A Black and Red Dodge Daytona is nice and practical, big hatch, FWD sucks but the turbo 4 was pretty neat and they were surprisingly quick for the day.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Tommychu posted:

A Black and Red Dodge Daytona is nice and practical, big hatch, FWD sucks but the turbo 4 was pretty neat and they were surprisingly quick for the day.

It's a bit of a rare bird, so to speak, but this Black Saab 9-5 aero is both practical and sporty as well, OP should kick the tires on one.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Now that you mention it, Black Grumman LLVs come up on government auction every now and again for pretty cheap. Practical and unique, OP.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Nowhere near as sporty as a White and Black Saturn SC1 though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A Black Mercury Marauder makes a better sleeper. You could say it's out of this world.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Guys, OP wants something with good seating and some luxury for 8 grand. The obvious choice is a Black and White Buick Park Avenue Ultra:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Buick isn't luxury, Oldsmobile is. Therefore I suggest a Black and White 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette. Comfort, and style.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Geirskogul posted:

Buick isn't luxury, Oldsmobile is. Therefore I suggest a Black and White 1990 Oldsmobile Silhouette. Comfort, and style.

Bro, he could get a Black and White Chinese Knock-off Oldsmobile for way less with like at least half as many safety standards:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I vote a black and white Cadillac CTS

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 11, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gently caress that, if you're getting North American luxury iron you gotta go classic. but you can go cool without going massive. like this Black 1961 Oldsmobile Cutlass; compact luxury for easy parking.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Actually, Hyundai Motors was not even formed until 1998, so good luck finding those "80s/90s" models!

Love,
Vitalis

Umm. Hyundai Motor Company was founded in 1967 and first came to the U.S. in 1986 with the Hyundai Excel.
Here's a black and white picture of one from Car & Driver.
Images and review at:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hyundai-excel-gl-archived-road-test

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It should be noted that Hyundai, while an OK brand, uses old tech from other manufacturers. I'm not sure what they are using in the 2010s but last decade their new cars were using engines and transmissions that had been used by mitsubishi in the 1990s. So they've generally been 10 years behind on technology, plus they use the same tooling the old company used.

Now kia uses (used?) old Hyundai tooling Which means their brand new cars were on 15+ year old tech.

And my friend has gone through two elantra transmission on his 2008. Take that as you will.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
Nah, if you're going North American built, you don't go luxury. You go performance and style. Which is why I suggest a Black Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am Speed, style, and even better with the T-Tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Look at this guy leaving those losers in the dust. That could be you!

• Locked thread