Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
I'm tossing my hat in for the psycho mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I say go for a happy medium with the Steve Mask. Spend some money but not all of it. Also might pull fewer bullets than the mask that says "Look at me! I have money! Shoot me and money will fall out of my corpse!"

I like how Rhys's whole look and choice interface is all Hyperion, all yellow and blue hexagons, while Fiona's look and interface are all Jakobs. Her little derringer looks like a Jakobs piece. Everything Jakobs makes is hand-worked wood, leather, and metal, with a deliberately "American west" look. They don't make automatic weapons.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've never been much of a Jakobs man. Love the crap out of a good Hyperion gun, though. Second only to Vladof.

EDIT: phone posting, but I just read some posts above and no, Sasha has not returned our stun baton

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 25, 2015

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I played a melee Zer0 in BL2 and a pistol Nisha in TPS. The former farmed the best Law pistol I could get (ironically by killing the Sheriff of Lynchwood over and over) and the latter's entire pistol skill tree was made with Jakobs revolvers in mind. So I've been up to my eyeballs in Jakobs guns.

I still don't know what's up with their "assault rifle". Weird wheel magazine thing. I think it's supposed to be an almost-sniper rifle that uses assault rifle ammo, but in practice it's too unwieldy for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was the <3 on Zer0's face in game or was that you?

Also if they're a package deal we obviously have to go Skeletal Menace if only because it looks the most terrified of the three and that's perfect for Vaughn.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

RareAcumen posted:

It's how Zero emotes. He literally uses emotes. I think that was the equivalent of a warm smile for him.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Jakobs makes good revolvers, but everything else they produce is complete poo poo.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
When I played through "Tales", I played Rhys as being a little egotistical and naive(due to his sheltered life on Helios) but extremely loyal and protective of his friends. I figure if you could find a real friend in the shark-tank that is Hyperion, you'd treat said friend like gold.

Fiona, I felt, should be a bit more pragmatic and a little rough around the edges. She grew up on Pandora, after all, and is well aware of how crappy people can be. She can play nice if it gets her what she wants, but she will not hesitate to drop a fool who stands in her way.

Both characters changed during the story since it felt right for them to do so. That's what made "Tales" so awesome for me. It had flawed characters, but those flaws never made them intolerable and they could rise above them based on your choices. Well, that and the awesome music.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Felinoid posted:

It's how Zero emotes. He literally uses emotes. I think that was the equivalent of a warm smile for him.

I had to ask because it was projected off away from his mask in such a way that I thought it could be either the game or Kaubocks. If his mask lit up to show it then I would've been sure of it being the game. I think he's a peach and we should trust him especially.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Also if they're a package deal we obviously have to go Skeletal Menace if only because it looks the most terrified of the three and that's perfect for Vaughn.

The masks are, indeed, a package deal. We buy one, Vaughn gets one too We want to look like a team, don't we?

And yeah, as mentioned already, Zer0's mask projects text like "LOL" and "<3" because he's a teenage nerd's wet dream. As much as I don't like playing as Zer0, him as as a character is so full of itself I can't help but enjoy it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I realized I should probably refine my answer so I'm casting an official vote for the good ol' Psycho Mask. Save that money! Buy better, cooler stuff with it down the line! A rough-and-tumble Pandora grifter isn't gonna waste her money frivolously. We saved that bullet and hell, those things are more common than dirt down on Pandora, we sure as hell ain't gonna blow a hundred+ funbucks on a dumb mask that someone probably died in.

The thing about Zer0 is that if you're a huge dork but you're also an extremely deadly and competent sniper cyberninja then I figure you've sort of earned the right to speak in haiku and project emotes on your visor, y'know?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Buy the game, it's on sale for like 13 bucks right now GET THESE HOT DEALZ

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Kai Tave posted:

I realized I should probably refine my answer so I'm casting an official vote for the good ol' Psycho Mask. Save that money! Buy better, cooler stuff with it down the line! A rough-and-tumble Pandora grifter isn't gonna waste her money frivolously. We saved that bullet and hell, those things are more common than dirt down on Pandora, we sure as hell ain't gonna blow a hundred+ funbucks on a dumb mask that someone probably died in.

Good reasoning, Psycho Mask is my vote as well.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

It's a psycho mask - not only did somebody probably die in it but I bet quite a lot of people died in veeeeeeeery close proximity to it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Psycho Mask.

Limopalise
May 4, 2015

A boring man. It's hard to tell what he's capable of.

Waffleman_ posted:

Buy the game, it's on sale for like 13 bucks right now GET THESE HOT DEALZ

Ahhhh drat it, this is why I should never buy things full price, they always go on sale about 3 days after I do :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's pretty much sale season for about the rest of the year, so yeah. It's why I held off on Life is Strange. (Which is also on sale.) :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

CuwiKhons posted:

It's a psycho mask - not only did somebody probably die in it but I bet quite a lot of people died in veeeeeeeery close proximity to it.

People probably died in all of them, you heard the guard/mask vendor. So we can either pay for the privilege of wearing some dead dude's mask, or, since the game isn't giving us an option not to, we can pay zero dollars to wear an equally morbid face-covering. When you look at it that way, the Psycho Mask is a steal.

(Literally. As in it was stolen from a corpse.)

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Steve is the hero this race needs.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm bored at work, so here's literally everything you need to know about Professor Nakayama-- the man whose ID chip we installed into our brain.

Here's some bonus reading material if you really must know more about him.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I love the Nakayama has this rich backstory and yet nobody's ever heard of him.

"I'm... Professor Nakayama! The... The Scourge of Hyperion? I poisoned the Atlas CEO!"

And Sir Hammerlock just doesn't care :3:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Vicissitude posted:

I love the Nakayama has this rich backstory and yet nobody's ever heard of him.

"I'm... Professor Nakayama! The... The Scourge of Hyperion? I poisoned the Atlas CEO!"

And Sir Hammerlock just doesn't care :3:

Sir Hammerlock don't care about nothing after the Bonerfart incident.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I counted up all the posts and the results are as follows:

Psycho Mask - 13
Steve Mask - 16
Skeletal Menace Mask - 9

Congrats, Steve! Guess most people wanted to let out a little of their inner "heyo!".

Next video should be recorded and available in a few days! :buddy:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm bored at work, so here's literally everything you need to know about Professor Nakayama-- the man whose ID chip we installed into our brain.

watches this video on loop until i'm fuckin dead in the ground

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

Next video should be recorded and available in a few days! :buddy:

I hope you meant to say hours????

pls i need my fix

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

HenryEx posted:

I hope you meant to say hours????

pls i need my fix

leans over and whispers sensually into your ear

"it's 50% off on Steam"

EDIT: Just as a heads up to anyone who is going to check out the Steam page for this game, the first trailer it defaults to is the trailer for the final episode of the game, so... you know. Be wary of spoilers.

EDIT 2: Also, the general feel I'm getting from the thread is that so far y'all trust everyone, so I'll be sure to have Rhys and Fiona tentatively play nice to the people we've met so far.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 28, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You're right, Kaubocks.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 28, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I typically am :cheers:

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 28, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

leans over and whispers sensually into your ear

"it's 50% off on Steam"

EDIT: Just as a heads up to anyone who is going to check out the Steam page for this game, the first trailer it defaults to is the trailer for the final episode of the game, so... you know. Be wary of spoilers.

EDIT 2: Also, the general feel I'm getting from the thread is that so far y'all trust everyone, so I'll be sure to have Rhys and Fiona tentatively play nice to the people we've met so far.

As long as they're assholes about it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Get that Psycho Mask. Let's save our cash until we can blow it on some good poo poo. That skeletal mask is a monstrosity, despite being purple.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Voting ended yesterday.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Because I am a good sport, I will count that vote. However, that does not change the outcome or the fact that I recorded footage yesterday. :v:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Then I vote for Psycho Mask, too. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ZeeToo posted:

Then I vote for Psycho Mask, too. :colbert:

I agree and do the same.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My good sport-edness ended yesterday. Get your votes in on time next time. :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Phone posting so I'll update the OP once I'm home from work-- but for now I just want to chuck a link to the latest episode at you guys!

#1-5: The Race

This video is a bit shorter than the rest because there's one major choice left to be made in this episode. Once the choice has been made, I'll take down this video and edit the last bit of the episode onto it, just so I don't have two relatively short videos lying around. But, of course, the choice needs :siren:A VOTE !!:siren:

How do you feel about the Felix situation? Can you appreciate it as a con man, or does it piss you off? Do you want to try and warn him before it's too late? Or do you think he deserves what's coming to him? Perhaps you'd like to send a more personal message and shoot him? Any way you shake it, I want to be clear that that money is gone. Our choice is up to how you want him and our friends to perceive our actions.

Voting ends Thursday at 6PM Eastern.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Warn him. C'mon, he as much as told us what was going to happen - if that particular "don't trust anyone" speech didn't ring all sorts of alarm bells before, you have no business being on Pandora.
Also I was a spiteful bastard in my run and kinda want to see how it works this time.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Shoot him in his dumb bastard face!!!!!!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Shoot that double crossing gently caress in the face!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Warn him. I'm sure he has a reason for what he's doing. And either way, Fiona just doesn't strike me as the father figure-murdering type, y'know?

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 30, 2015

• Locked thread