Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

I haven't participated in this thread at all, but I did end up getting Tales because of it, and then the Handsome Collection because of that (I'd only played up to vanilla BL2 before). When I saw the concept for Tales I thought it was going to be a memey pile of garbage and was pleasantly surprised at how awesome it is. Great game, great LP.

I was glad to see that I wasn't the only person who couldn't stand Pickle in the Pre-Sequel. It's like they felt required to have a Tiny Tina-like character so they spit out that Dickensian little twerp. Unfortunately even though my favorite vault hunter to play is in the Pre-Sequel I basically only hang out in the holodome and Claptrap's effed up mind because I really don't enjoy the story missions or the characters. I even found Janey to be pretty grating because she talks at you so much during the first half of the game.

I like the argument for starting 3 on Helios, although if people just play Borderlands to shoot the hell out of things they probably won't care about that story thread being left unfinished, and if they care about the story they might have bought/are more likely to buy Tales anyway. If you start on Helios as an anti-Hyperion vault hunter it might turn off some people for being too similar to hunting Dahl around in the Pre-Sequel (although I think it would be a super fun setting).

It will be interesting to see if they are able to replace Jack as the driving character in the next game. Like is mentioned in the penultimate story video, he's been a primary character from Borderlands 2 on, even though he dies in the first game you meet him in. He's even a driving force in two of the DLCs for 2 (Hammerlock's Hunt & the Bunkers and Badasses one). As far as memorable video game characters go they kind of struck gold with him and Dameon Clarke's voice acting and it will be interesting to see if they try to replace him or continue to find ways to shoe-horn him into the story. If they go the Jimothey route I'd much prefer having him be a playable vault hunter again instead of an NPC, just because he's so fun to play and the Pre-Sequel has a dearth of content (Lets kill some bad guys!).

My wish list for 3, which probably would not be popular, would be to include some previous vault hunter characters as playable characters. I would have a lot of fun playing a game where I could switch back and forth between the Doppleganger and Maya, especially if Lilith becomes the villain (lol this won't happen). Other than that, agreed on the multiple planets thing. I've just started on the DLC content from 2 and the Oasis/Hunter's Grotto areas feel like totally different places, which is nice variability in a game that distills down to the same action over and over. Hopefully there won't be monetary issues that make 3 something of a collection of half-baked ideas like TPS feels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread