Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

JordanKai posted:

Go for the riot shield and the longbow grenades. Take these poor souls down as non-lethally as possible. :shobon:

Son, I don't think you understand Borderlands. I used the Machine Gun and Grenades in my playthrough so let's see the Riot Shield and Rocket Launcher.

Vaughn is easily my favorite character in this entire series so I hope you're gonna treat him right. What a bro. Gentle little brofriend who steals ten million dollars from Hyperion but gets sad about a skag dying :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I knew Shade's MO and I knew he wasn't dead and I knew he was going to pop up as soon as his "body" was gone and he still scared the loving poo poo out of me when he did.

To elaborate on Shade's story a bit more than you did, he was from the very first Borderlands 2 DLC, in which you travel to the desert town of Oasis seeking a pirate treasure. Shade is the only person still alive in the town after they ran out of water and died of dehydration but he's gone crazy and is pretending they're all still alive via puppetry and doing all their voices. Later in the DLC you find a hidden cavern underneath Oasis which is absolutely full of water and Shade... loses it a little. More than he already did. It's probably why he ended up leaving Oasis and is here now.

As for the choice, I went with Blow His Mind so I'd like to see you Break his heart

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

record shattering high speed j/o

The articulated fingers seem like a good way to pinch your skin in the joints.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Vicissitude posted:

She was also one of the 7 Sirens in the universe, not that that really matters as far as plot goes. So far, anyway.

6. There's only 6 Sirens in the universe at any given time.

There are two known living ones - Lilith and Maya - and two known dead ones (meaning there are two infant Sirens somewhere in the great big universe) - Steele and Angel.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 17, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Save the Bullet. For those of you who aren't super familiar with Borderlands, it may look like August is an obvious villain but to be honest he's completely normal for Pandora. Fiona and Sasha should be used to his type by now, no reason to waste your one bullet.

Also if you aren't familiar with the games, pay attention to the gun the mysterious Stranger is using. The model is called a "Conference Call" and it's very well known in the Borderlands universe, and frankly it's a bit curious that the Stranger has it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Rhys is a nerd and a chump who will never hit a shot without a minigame teaching him how to gun first. And even then he's not going to pull off any shots unless conditions are perfect anyway.

Save the bullet he's not gonna make the shot if we do shoot.

Rhys isn't the one with the gun. Fiona may not like guns but she's a Pandoran native so I'd be real surprised if she isn't any good with them.

Oh and unrelated, Tector Hodunk was part of a huge sidequest chain in Borderlands 2 in which you incite a clan war between the Hodunks and the Zafords. You play both sides and eventually you get to pick which one you want wiped out. Since Tector is here, that means that canonically it was the Zafords who were killed. Which makes sense since while the Zafords were probably the more friendly clan, killing them netted you a chance at a MUCH better gun.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Maybe the Vault Hunters just haven't gotten around to doing that sidequest yet. :colbert:

:colbert: Leave no sidequest undone.

Except for that defend the flag one in Thousand Cuts. gently caress that quest.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

I dunno, I always found that one pretty simple, though I usually play as the Goddess herself, Maya.

The last time I tried to do that quest I was playing as Maya but I was playing with a friend who was going through the game for the first time with me (he was playing Gaige) and we got stomped. I blame him for not understanding Anarchy (and myself for not knowing how to play Maya, I prefer Zer0) :v:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah, don't worry about it. I assumed it'd probably be a murder thing since, we just went through a whole thing with a bunch of raiders with the loader bot after all so I thought that's what this was leading up to. And yeah, considering how the choice went to then showing how Rhys and Fiona ended up kidnapped I assumed that it didn't really matter that much. What I'm really curious about are the other parts when it's Fiona's turn to talk. Would it cut out parts of the scene if you'd just said The Vault Hunter showed up/The Psycho Ganglord banged in/The Vault Key shattered instead of It's...Complicated?

I picked "The Vault Hunter showed up" and it showed me a brief cutscene of Zer0 slicing through the billboard and leaping in at the camera, at which point Rhys interjects with pretty much the same thing he said to Fiona in Kaubocks' version and she backtracks. Presumably the other choices would also show a brief cutscene and then do the same thing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I think my favorite thing about both of the main characters is that neither Fiona nor Rhys is a typical Borderlands protagonist - specifically that both of them prefer nonviolent solutions to their problems.

Hyperion is a dog eat dog eat radioactive dog world and the corporate culture on Helios would be perfectly fine with Rhys flat out murdering Vasquez in order to steal his job. But that's not his plan. Instead he goes through the much more convoluted solution of stealing ten million dollars in order to steal a vault key out from under Vasquez's nose, just to humiliate him.

Fiona and Sasha make their living as grifters rather than bandits and Felix outright states that she's always better at talking her way out of a situation than shooting her way out. And the mere fact that she's survived to adulthood on Pandora shows that she must be drat good at it.

It's just a completely different atmosphere and playstyle, even while still being very identifiably Borderlands in nature.

And as far as choices go, there are definitely some choices that really do matter. Some of them aren't even the choices that you'd think - sometimes it's as a big as choosing whether or not to shoot somebody, sometimes it's the way you treat your friends, and sometimes it's as small as an incidental line of dialogue said to somebody who is on screen for like 2 minutes total.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Nobody is ever allowed be mean to be Vaughn :mad: He is a small precious angel that I love. Fiona seems smart enough to know that he is deserving of her protection.

Also, always vote for Steve

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Alright now that I've actually watched the video instead of making posts based off my prior knowledge of the game:

Helios doesn't orbit Elpis (Pandora's moon), Helios is in the Lagrange point between Elpis and Pandora. That's why it's always visible in the sky just in front of Elpis. If it was orbiting Elpis, it'd be behind it at least part of the time. It's also why it looks so big compared to Elpis. Helios isn't actually the size of the moon, it's just much closer.

And the Dahl corporation, in addition to being one of the many weapons manufacturers in the games, are also notable as the ones who originally owned Pandora (as much as you can own a planet, which in the Borderlands universe is pretty legit). Dahl wanted to mine Pandora for its natural resources but it turned out that Pandora didn't have diddly squat to make it worth the mining operations (at least, at the time it didn't). Dahl had shipped in tons and tons of convicts to be their labor force and when they decided the planet wasn't worth it, they just upped and left them behind. That's why people who aren't from Pandora think the planet is full of nothing but bandits - it pretty much is.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

It's a psycho mask - not only did somebody probably die in it but I bet quite a lot of people died in veeeeeeeery close proximity to it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Warn him. Whether you want him dead or not, if he opens that briefcase then all that money goes up in smoke. And there's no guarantee that shooting him will stop him from opening the briefcase. If he gets away with it, we might be able to get it back later.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

How did you not end that sentence with "I'unno"

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

IMJack posted:

I want to know how he lost his original arm and eye. Did an office meeting go completely to hell?

As far as I'm aware, this never comes up in the game. I think a Dev strongly implied somewhere that it was a voluntary procedure that he did in order to get a leg up on the competition and it does seem both useful and popular around Helios (Vasquez has a robo-pinky finger for no apparent reason). That said, I think the popular fan theory is that the eye was voluntary but something happened to his arm. Make up your own story :shrug:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

RickVoid posted:

I.

What?

Guess I'm watching at least the first video again.

Edit: holy poo poo he totally does

It's on his left hand. His left, our right.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

There was a post earlier in the thread that said a mission was patched into Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel concerning Nakayama wanting to make an AI of Handsome Jack. I didn't know this! Which is weird because I play The Pre-Sequel more often than most people would care to admit but I just never ended up doing this sidequest! It isn't even really necessary because I could totally buy at face value that, yes, creating an AI Jack is absolutely something Nakayama would do and didn't feel like it needed to be explained.

Anywho I ended up doing that sidequest today. Turns out the very first prototype Jack AI was a tiny loader bot that waddles around projecting a hologram of Jack's head and proclaiming its desire to kill all humans:

They grow up so fast. :allears:

I think either the player or Nakayama asks it to do an impression of Jack and it just yells "NO", to which the real Jack says over ECHO "well that is a pretty good impression".

At any rate, ovaries before brovaries, Sasha should go help Fiona. And as for the Jack AI... I wouldn't tell anybody but Vaughn. Vaughn's your bro, you can always trust your bro, but Fiona and Sasha? Even if you do trust them, they're Pandorans with a lot of good reasons to hate Jack. Having Jack in your head is not exactly an endearing trait.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Krysmphoenix posted:

:psyduck: Why is our nerdy best friend incredibly buff?

Because Vaughn is the best. And since Vaughn is the best, we should definitely trust that buff nerd and we should go see our other friends at Hollow Point.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kytrarewn posted:

(Actually, aren't we technically vault hunters now?)

Yes, but no. The team is literally hunting for a Vault so by definition, yeah. But "Vault Hunter" has a very specific connotation on Pandora and it refers to people with extraordinary talents and skills coming from across the galaxy to Pandora in order to find a Vault. Rhys, Vaughn, Fiona, and Sasha have sort of just fallen into hunting for a Vault out of a lack of options, an unusual opportunity, and mild greed. None of them qualify for what Pandora would consider a real Vault Hunter (see: Zer0 vs Bossanova).

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Atlas is dead as dirt so it'd have to be a quest reward and the only Atlas weapon in the game.

Well Jack's dead too and that clearly hasn't stopped him from being involved :colbert:

As for the various guns, I'm not quite nerdy enough to recognize every different gun mod but for those who aren't super familiar with the Borderlands universe, a quick rundown of the different manufacturers:

:homebrew: Hyperion: Visually, Hyperion guns tend to be complex and futuristic looking. Their primary feature is their patented stabilizers - when you fire a Hyperion gun you not only don't get any recoil, you actually get more accurate. Hyperion guns tend to start out with mediocre accuracy and become more accurate the more you fire so a heavy trigger finger is encouraged. Hyperion weapons are named with corporate buzzwords such as Synergy, Crowd Sourcing, and Actualizer.

:patriot: Dahl: Dahl weapons look military and come in a variety of camo prints. They feature burst fire when zoomed (whether through a scope or just aiming with the ironsights) but the burst fire does have recoil so there's no guarantee you'll hit with all those shots if you're not within spitting distance. Dahl guns are usually named after animals like the Hornet, the Scorpion, and the Bearcat.

:anarchists: Vladof: The requisite Russian manufacturers, da? Vladof guns are often very boring looking, tending towards dull colors and real world designs. That said, they're a lot of fun. Vladof guns trade accuracy for fire rate and nothing goes through a magazine faster than a Vladof. When you need a wall of lead flying towards your enemies, Vladof has your back. Their gun names fall into two camps - Clockwork Orange references and revolutionary terms, like the Guerilla, the Anarchist, the Assassin, etc.

:retrogames: Tediore: Tediore is the Wal-mart of gun manufacturers. They make cheap garbage and they know it. Their guns are compact and look like they're made of brightly colored plastic. And they probably are, because the defining feature of a Tediore gun is that when you reload it, you don't really reload it - you throw it like a grenade and the gun itself explodes and a new copy appears in your hands. The more ammo left in the magazine when you throw it, the more damage it does and this is arguably the best use for a Tediore gun because the guns have absolute poo poo base damage. Tediore guns don't have a unified naming theme because Tediore sucks.

:supaburn: Maliwan: The hipsters of the Borderlands universe, Maliwan weapons like Sasha's SMG have very artsy designs and bright coloration. Maliwan is notable for its focus on elemental damage. While most non-Maliwan guns can randomly roll elemental damage as a trait, all Maliwan weapons have an elemental trait, no exceptions. They also do increased elemental damage so they're good options for enemies that are particularly weak to a particular element. Their weapon names tend to be fancy ten dollar words like Provocateur, Aegis, and Corinthian.

:clint: Jakobs: Jakobs guns are classic looking, often featuring wood stocks and generally looking like they belong on the set of an Old West movie. Fiona's wrist pistol is a Jakobs. Jakobs guns are notable for having low fire rates and dealing massive damage. As Marcus says, if it took more than one bullet, you weren't using a Jakobs. Despite the low fire rate on most of their guns, Jakobs is also a fan favorite due to their pistol lines which allow you to fan the hammer - the guns will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger and they retain that high damage the company is known for. Jakobs gun names tend to sound like they belong in the old west, with such favorites as the Bushwack, the Widow Maker, and the Buffalo.

:torgue: Torgue: Do you like EXPLOSIONS??? Well Torgue is here for you! Torgue guns often feature checkered patterns, usually in black and white or yellow and green. Torgue weapons always fire explosive rounds, and even their rocket launchers are more explosive than other brands. As compensation, they tend to have dick for accuracy and even worse recoil. Torgue weapon names are often sexual innuendo like the Rod, the Pounder, or the Bangstick, but their rocket launcher names are just onomatopoeia for things exploding - the Boom, the Blaaa, and the Duuurp. The company's namesake, Mr. Torgue, is also the actual best.

:downsgun: Bandit/Scav: Not a real gun manufacturer, this refers to guns that the natives of Pandora (and Elpis) have scavenged and put together themselves. They look like poo poo, they do trash damage, they have astoundingly large magazine sizes, and all their names are misspelled and in all lower case - the stret sweper, the acurate smgg, and my personal favorite, the bombabarbardeer.

:rip: S&S Munitions (defunct): Only available in Borderlands 1, S&S was notable for its large clip sizes, which Bandit and Scav guns stole from them in what must have been a very hostile takeover indeed. S&S guns were named after constellations such as the Orion, the Draco, and the Gemini.

:zombie: Atlas (defunct): Ostensibly the Best Guns, Atlas guns had high damage, high fire rates, good recoil reduction, and decent reload times. So why are they defunct if they made such bitching weapons? Well, we're gonna find out later so just hold your horses. Atlas guns are, like their company name, named after mythological figures such as the Cyclops, the Ogre, and the Titan.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 24, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

TEDIORE IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD, USE A TORGUE LIKE GOD INTENDED

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

While I personally don't care for Torgue guns (that bullet speed is loving atrocious), Mr. Torgue himself knows how to party.

For those of you who don't know, Borderlands does not actually censor curse words. But Mr. Torgue High-Five Flexington is the spokesperson for his company (obviously) and his board of directors mysteriously doesn't like him! They literally implanted a censor into his larynx because they thought he swore too much.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

The actual best part about Torgue is that for all that he looks like a pro-wrestler, constantly speaks in all caps, and is generally very ultra manly, he's also a kind, friendly, nerd who is very personally hurt and cries when Lilith thinks he's a "fake geek guy" during the DLC campaign where they all play D&D (or B&B as it's known in Borderlands), is very much a feminist, and he is your best friend who puts your needs before his.

Mr. Torgue posted:

"Also, you should treat Moxxi nice! NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT!"

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

I have apparently been building my Mechromancer in entirely the wrong way :stare:

Pet build Gaige can be fun at low levels but DT quickly falls off in terms of scaling and is pretty worthless once you're past the first playthrough. Anarchy Gaige is at least hilarious.

I did my first playthrough as sniper Zer0 which was a mistake in retrospect because for as much as I love sniping, Zer0 is incredibly fragile and needs a talented hand. I could have saved myself a lot of frustration by just playing as Axton or Maya.

Doppelganger's the best for the Pre-Sequel though. Timmy is my baby who loves kittens and wails when he has to make big jumps. He is the single most gentle and innocent character in the Borderlands universe while looking exactly like goddamn Jack. I love it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

On the other hand, that means you're playing as Claptrap.

I've never played her myself but I'm given to understand that Athena is a real shitwrecker with the right build.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, anybody up for making a party and going through BL2? (I actually have an Anarchy Gaige at the end of the main story, so it could be just the DLC).

The GOTY is really cheap on Steam if anyone ever wanted to give it a try and never pulled the trigger.

I'm Cuwi on Steam, hmu bro. I've only gotten to play BL2 with one other person so it'd be cool to try a 4 man band.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Felinoid posted:

My only question is should I watch the video first, or wait for the game to download and play it first? :shepface:
(Finally pulled the trigger on the 66% off sale a few minutes ago after anxiously waiting for the whole steam holiday sale for it to get even lower. :dance:)

Play it first. It's so worth it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

So yeah now that I've actually watched the video:

Jack's hero complex is... well, it's complex.

The thing is that Jack really was a hero. He really did save Helios and Elpis, and Hyperion loved him for it. Even Athena believed in him as a true hero. But people just kept betraying him. Over and over and over again.

The Meriff (Mayor/Sheriff) betrays him and when Jack decides to let him go, still tries to shoot Jack in the back. So Jack learns that you can't grant people mercy - they'll only ever use it against you.

Then one of his scientists betrays him and he can't track down who the mole is but if they can't find that person, they are going to lose this war, it's an IMMEDIATELY important problem. What are the lives of four scientists vs every soul on Elpis? So Jack learns that you have to be ruthless when it comes to war and spaces the whole lot of them.

Then Moxxi, Roland, and Lilith betray him immediately after he's saved the drat moon from being blown up. So Jack learns that you can't trust anybody, and no matter what good you do for people, they'll always turn on you.

And in the end, when Jack finally gets into the Vault and gets what he wants, after all the drat work you and him have done - Lilith destroys his prize. Blows it up right in his face. Literally, right in his face, that's why he wears the mask. It burned a horrific scar into his face. And that's when Jack goes straight off the deep end. Power and violence are the only things in the universe that really matter. Trusting people? Helping people? Why? They'll just stab you in the back and it's so much easier to never give them the chance.

Jack went back to Helios, strangled Tassiter, his boss and the previous Hyperion CEO, took over his job, and Hyperion loved him for it. Jack saved Helios. Jack saved Elpis. Jack found a drat Vault and he knew where another one was. In a lot of ways, Jack's hero complex isn't undeserved. He just doesn't understand that just because you're a hero once doesn't mean you're still a hero once you become a mass murderer.

Edit - I should mention, I don't mean to say that Jack was a good person before the events of the Pre-Sequel threw him down a spiral of madness. He wasn't. He had already imprisoned and enslaved his daughter for his own benefit. But he wasn't an insane genocidal douchebag until the Pre-Sequel.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 4, 2016

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Alopex posted:

Oh poo poo, that's a mask? I just thought his face was weird because he was a ghost.

It was easier to tell when he was alive but yeah, Jack is very much wearing a mask. It just happens to be a mask that looks exactly like his face. But doesn't blend in with his skin tone and has very obvious hinges. Why he went to exactly zero effort to hide the fact that he was wearing a mask, I don't know.

Jack being a ghost also makes it impossible to tell he has heterochromia, something Rhys shares with him, even if Rhys' is artificial. Jack and Rhys' similarities are pretty important.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

He's basically just got Vaughn, Yvette, and Loader Bot at this point.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

So okay let's weigh this up. On the one hand, Fiona isn't a raging psychopath who once tried to wipe out all life on Pandora. Point. But if Jack is good at anything, it's self-preservation and his life is on the line here too. Point. If we trust Jack, then that means giving him access to Rhys' systems which could eventually come back to bite us. Boo. Fiona prefers the non violent approach and when our dearest friends are in danger of getting killed, I think the lethal approach might be more necessary. Boo. Jack's self-preservation instincts really only apply to himself and saving Rhys doesn't mean he cares about saving anybody else. Boo. Fiona's number one priority is and will always be Sasha and it's clear that at some point in the future, Rhys and Fiona no longer get along so it's possible that at some point Fiona made her choices and Rhys wasn't it. Boo.

But to me this is the biggest thing: Trusting Jack is dumb as hell but Jack already has access to control of Rhys' robo arm. It doesn't pay to be Jack's enemy when he's close enough to strangle you. So for the moment - and only for the moment - let's Trust Jack.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

* Jack is a terrible programmer

I'm not sure we have evidence of this either way but even if Jack is a lovely programmer, he's a fantastic hacker which is the relevant skill here.

Kaubocks posted:

when Jack enhanced Rhys's echo eye, his eye turned yellow

just throwing that out there for no reason

For what it's worth, future Rhys seems too bumbling to be Jack - which doesn't mean Jack didn't do something irreversible to him.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Look, Future Rhys' eye being yellow can't be because of this decision because it was yellow before we got to this point and it will still be yellow if we choose to trust Fiona. Whether Jack does or doesn't betray us and whether or not something happens or doesn't happen with Rhys' eye, it's obviously going to happen either way.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Fwoderwick posted:

I haven't played it so I don't know if the Pre Sequel helps you warm to Jack at all with all that betrayal, but I have played BL2 and hilarious as he is, the man is an utter monster.

I mean, the game never pretends that Jack is a good person. You don't get a lot of information about Angel except some audio logs but that's because Jack made every effort to keep her hidden. If you don't already know about Angel from BL2 and you don't pay a lot of attention, I guess you could come away from the Pre-Sequel with the idea that Jack was a basically good natured jackass that the world poo poo on until he went bananas. Personally I think if the events of the Pre-Sequel hadn't happened, Jack wouldn't have been nearly as bad as he was in BL2, but it doesn't change the fact that he's the guy who enslaved his daughter and probably has some kind of clinical personality disorder.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Yeah Jack didn't program the Loader Bots. Their combat programming came from Felicity, a military AI who was sentient enough to prefer nonviolence. Jack wiped her personality because he didn't need pacifist robots. That's why the Loader Bots have been getting weird now that Jack isn't around to police them. Felicity's personality is starting to come through.

Strayed posted:

Its worth noting that Jack's descent into madness likely began long before the Pre-Sequel back when as a little girl, Angel's Siren powers went out of control and she accidentally killed her own mother. Jack lost the women he loved at the hands of a daughter who, as one of seven sirens in the known universe, would be hunted down by people who wanted her power. When he locked her away it was most likely his original intention to protect her from both herself and the people that would use her.

There's an Echo recording in BL2 from when Jack first put Angel in the control core - she's a little girl and she's scared and crying. Regardless of Jack's reasoning for doing so, Angel never wanted to be locked away and her unhappiness never stopped Jack from using her for his own gain.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I like Jack but I like him because he's a very funny villain. Jack was not a good person driven to madness to become a bad person. Jack was a bad person driven to madness to become Space Hitler, CEO.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

He's in charge of the Helios space station. Hyperion's weird but I'm not sure they hand off space stations to random grunts.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

This has been bugging me for a while and maybe you can answer this for me since you're more knowledgeable about Borderlands than I am:

how come Jack doesn't know how to shut down his big rear end space laser but Moxxi does

Well I mean, Moxxi doesn't know how to shut off his big rear end space laser - Moxxi knows how to blow up his big rear end space laser while pretending to be shutting it off. To be honest it's been awhile since I played the Pre-Sequel but wasn't the big rear end space laser already overloading at that point from Zarpedon firing it so much? I think Jack couldn't shut it down because he was locked out of the usual controls and it was wigging out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Isn't Moxxi's plan just "inject it with slag until it blows up" under the pretense of "inject it with slag until it overloads and shuts itself down". That's not really a complex plan to begin with.

• Locked thread