Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Trust Fiona, because she has a 100% track record of not getting herself killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

He's not saying Jack may be puppeting narrator rhys, he's saying if we choose this faustian bargain, it may let Jack in irrevocably, and when we reach the end of the tale in the present Rhys may be hosed as Jack takes over or self-destructs him or something at the epilogue.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I thought the code for loader bots was co-opted from a peaceful AI, and that's why they've been getting weirder and weirder now that Jack's dead? Wasn't that in the first episode?

Edit: Episode 2.

quote:

We learn that Jack played a part in creating the AI for the Loader Bots. It was created from a rogue AI that didn't want to fight or be subjected to violence.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 9, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

So far, we're at 29 votes to Trust Fiona, and 26 votes to Trust Jack.

There's also this vote:

Krysmphoenix posted:

Nothing against you Fiona, but Holy poo poo do not trust Jack
Which I think is saying to trust Fiona, but isn't 100% clear?

And this vote:

Touraxus posted:

Trust Jack.
Which isn't bolded! But probably should be counted as a vote for Jack

(And for anyone else tallying them up, don't forget to catch this vote from Cangelosi that you'll miss if you just try to Ctrl+F "Trust Jack")

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I'm going to laugh if choosing Fiona just has Rhys say, "Ok, Fiona... I trust you." and then Jack does whatever Jack was going to do anyway because he's loving Handsome Jack and he doesn't really need your permission to do Jack things.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Until you guys pointed out that the party member would have been a drone, I saw this:

GlyphGryph posted:

Holy poo poo, we lost Fiona's hat, Vaughn, and the new team member we were gonna pick up all in one episode.

And thought you were talking about Vaughn's death. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how Vaughn would become a team member. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Meant to type Vasquez, freudian slip. :doh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

JT Jag posted:

I also regret nothing, because I voted for Jack.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I was kind of disappointed in the driving montage of the title card we never saw paralyzed Vaughn behind the wheel. I was really expecting that gag, and kind of bummed they didn't do it.

Oh, and don't trust Jack, are you stupid?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

CuwiKhons posted:

Unrelated to the voting, this video includes one of only two story elements in the game I don't like - Rhys and Sasha's "romance". It feels extremely forced, especially when you can play Rhys as a Hyperion loyalist dick and not exactly a smooth operator when it comes to Sasha but the game still has them act like they're into each other. It's awkward and the story doesn't need a romance subplot anyway.

Man, it is so obviously a trap I can't- I don't- I just can't even. I can't even. Leaving aside the screenshot someone posted of Jack's encyclopedia entry warning Rhys not to try anything with her, (Since we haven't technically "seen" it on the actual playthrough) how is it not immediately obvious that she's warning Rhys not to fall for her? She was pretty broken up about how hard August took her betrayal, plus she had her own betrayal in Felix, and so her heart isn't completely in it. That's why she gave Rhys that warning, that he's just a mark and she doesn't feel the same way, she's just playing him. I mean, that's what she does. She may not even realize she's doing it. Rhys is falling pretty hard for this girl, and I bet dollars to donuts that's why he hates Fiona so much in the non-flashback segments. Because Fiona and Sasha betray him at some point, and it hurts twice as much since it breaks his heart too.

It just kind of feels like that game is hinting pretty strongly about that, and laying it on a little thick.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

ActionZero posted:

Actually a question. I didn't have Rhys make choices that made him a loyal Hyperion dick so the flower scene made plenty of sense, do you really still get that even if you've made choices where Sasha would have no reason to let him put the flower in her hair? That's kind of disappointing if so, I'm used to choices in Telltale games not really changing the overall plot but it feels like character interactions should be determined by them.

It's not disappointing, it makes perfect sense, because Sasha is totally scamming Rhys, so no matter how little interest he's actually showed she's still going to go along with it and lure him in like a fly to a honey trap. :freep:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

"Athena will REALLY remember that."

That was pretty great, yeah. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

IMJack posted:

They learn it at some point. Go ahead and tell them.

And I'm certain if Gearbox makes a Borderlands 3, they'll find a way to put the gun with the fist in just for the sake of the reference.

As soon as Jack mentioned the gun with the fist, wherever he was Brick instantly got a half-chub and he doesn't really know why.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Jeremih knows what's up.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

fractalairduct posted:

Spend as much of August's money as possible.

This is the right answer. Get Onyx Overlord, and High-Flying Hyperion. We can always change Fiona back into something hat-positive once this mission is over.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Man, that scene made me tear up, no joke. RIP Scooter, you'll forever be remembered as the Slim Pickens of Pandora. :patriot:

Also, finding out that Moxxi is Scooter's mom makes one of his quotes from the first game loving hilarious :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Crasical posted:

Considering that Henderson is STILL FLOATING AROUND OUT THERE and it's... What, at least a week since the game began, factoring in the travel montages? it doesn't look like Hyperion cleans up the space surrounding Helios at all. That may well be chunks of the original constructor fleet that got shredded by Dahl when they took over the station in the Pre-Sequel.

It might also be the ship from the pre-sequel. This may be spoilers, but it's just the intro video to the pre-sequel so it's not really spoiling anything. They don't look identical, but they do look pretty similar, and the ship gets destroyed by Dahl so it might be a callback to that?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

As much as poo poo like NewU stations are kinda plot-holey and maybe not canon, they would go a long way towards explaining how gleefully and hilariously suicidal Borderlands bandits are. I mean, gently caress it, if I could get instantly and painlessly rebuilt for like 35 dollars, I'd probably slap on a mask, grab an axe, and hop on an exploding barrel to be slingshotted at a launching rocket too. Why the gently caress not? :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Hostile V posted:

Talk and tell because if she can tell the corpse isn't Rhys' then there's not much keeping her from finding out who it really belongs to.

Doesn't it belong to multiple people? Vasquez got exploded, they scraped the remnants of several dudes into the tub.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

And everything was perfect forever! :woop:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh man, I'm starting to get a reaaaal bad feeling. The news that Jack can upload himself into human-shaped robotic endoskeletons? The reveal that the shotgun dude's weird clothes are a Hyperion radiation suit? What are the chances that we get to the end of the game, that helmet comes off, and it's Jack? :gonk:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

We can't heap all the blame on Rhys, who the hell designs a space station so lovely that it can be brought down by walking into an unsecured area and swatting four cables with a taser?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Hostile V posted:

I mean, it would be cold, but cold pizza is still good pizza.

You monster.

Digistructed pizza, definitely. Mystery Vent Pizza sounds appetizing, but there's a chance it could have pineapple on it, and that's not a risk I can bring myself to take.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It's kind of ironic that the creature is only summons after helios has been brought down... when arguably the only thing that could have stopped that vault monster is helios firing moonshots into it.

Once again, Jack fucks everything up and pulls defeat from the jaws of victory. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh poo poo, ohh poo poo, I just realized who the mysterious stranger is.

It's that loving dude from Prosperity Junction, isn't it? The guy Vaughn and Ryse asked for directions? He got the suit from the wreckage of Helios.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

What the gently caress, guys? Athena specifically told us she promised Janey she wouldn't hunt vaults anymore, because Janey was worried about her. Now, not only do you want to bring her along, you want to put Janey in danger too? You guys are lovely friends.

Zero (Rhys needs a new hero after Jack's betrayal) August (Sasha and August need to patch things up, if they haven't already) and Felix (To reunite Team Steal Everything) are the obvious choices, here. Especially because that way, after Rhys, Vaughn, Loaderbot, and Zero save the day, Team Scumbags can betray them and steal all the poo poo from the Vault. :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Kaubocks posted:

In the Pre-Sequel, there is a DLC character where you can play as one of Jack's doppelgangers. One of skills you can get is called "Inspire". What this does is make it so every now and then, the real Jack will contact you over voice communications and give you some words of wisdom such as "you're not the ugliest person I've ever met," or "you're doing pretty well!" This is also accompanied by a "The More You Know"-style star and rainbow particles flying through the screen as a woman whipsers "inspired". Sometimes this will trigger during a plot conversation where plot critical characters are talking about important poo poo. When this happens, Jack can't actually interrupt the dialogue so the inspired text will just fly across the screen at inopportune times such as when people are being killed and whatnot.

This has no actual gameplay benefit.

You left out the most important part of that skill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5LenCtMUyw

Disillusioned.

Edit: And here's an actual video of what Kaubocks is talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk96u6xW1T0

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 16, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Hostile V posted:

We don't need Claptrap now, we have good robots like Loader Bot and Gortys.

It would be utterly perfect if Fragtrap was the mystery vault hunter you can buy for $5000.

I mean, $5000 is chump change for a real vault hunter, so it kind of makes sense. :v:

Edit: Oh holy crap, Loader Bot is the one who says he found him, too, and it would make sense for them both to be robots, it's friggin Claptrap isn't it? :magical:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 16, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

anilEhilated posted:

By the way, what happens if you let Athena kill Cassius? Does Vaughn not show up or does something stop her and it's another non-choice?

Kind of seems like she'd kill him. Felix probably would have died if we hadn't warned him about the case, I'm not sure about August but maybe Valorie would have killed him if we'd pinned the fuckup on him? This is Borderlands, everyone that's not a member of the core caste is at risk.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Kaubocks posted:

Vaughn gets caught if you encourage Athena's bloodlust against Cassius, actually, since Vaughn can no longer get help from the old dude with crazy hair.

I believe Kaubocks said in one of the episodes that Valorie will just keep Vaughn as a hostage. One can assume he would then escape in the chaos of Helios crashing to the ground, thanks to Valorie being killed by the monster.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

poo poo, that's right, I forgot about Athena's quest to murder every Atlas employee. I wonder how well that goes over if you let her kill Cassius, and then inform her that Rhys is the new Last Atlas Employee on Pandora? :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

RareAcumen posted:

I can't believe Athena got the sex number.

Welp, looks like we just got a glance into the future guys.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > I Can't Believe Athena Got The Sex Number: Let's Play Borderlands Three

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I assume they'd just be networked versions of the main AI Jack, not completely separate instanced AIs.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Man, now I want AI Jack singing No Strings On Me.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Vicissitude posted:

Yeah, he sold his designs and the company to the executive board for $12 and a high-five.

:allears: I love Torgue so much. :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Naw, his next move is a partnership with Tediore to design guns that not only shoot explosives, but also are explosives.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Torgue + Tediore = Toreador

:aaaaa:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 24, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Tediore facilities are designed to self-destruct once you've killed everyone inside. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

If it put Mr. Torgue back in charge, I don't think we can technically call it a "disaster".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

:thurman:

• Locked thread