Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Steampunk princess and you know what, give Vaughn some new glasses for all his troubles. I'm sure he'll give us an appreciative urururrrrrrrrugh if we do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Judge Tesla posted:

I still like Lilith, quite a bit actually because it's pretty cool to play as someone who isn't a squeaky clean hero but someone who is kind of an rear end in a top hat and has done questionable things, morality just makes me shake my head and laugh in the BL series as a whole, because even the nice guys are assholes.

Maybe, but on the other hand her ability doesn't trigger a VA making silly grunting noises indefinitely, so she still has nothing on brick. Also, pretty much every problem in borderlands could be solved by letting brick punch things and keeping her away so...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

One of the character's special ability is two pull out two guns, and then run around screaming shooting bullets everywhere.
You should pick this character.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Tell them, so the whole party can ask jack to help them out make increasingly bad decisions.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The spork thing was definitely grosser.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Well, since they're robots, they can combine, right?

Hypothetical Voltron Combination Gorter Bot

didn't they literally do this with gortys using her new legs to propel a loaderbot fresh out of legs?

That said, loaderbot is a true bro, and gortys wasn't there for the magical bro scene.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Stun and tell

If only because Rhys has such a great history of successful takedowns and because I'm sure he'll manage to botch the "it's me!" conversation in fun and interesting ways..

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Sure, it's guaranteed to backfire horribly almost immediately, but it's almost certain to do so hilariously. We shall rule Hyperion with a cyborg fist and our benevolent rule shall last for minutes! Minutes I tell you! Just think of what we might do!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

XavierGenisi posted:

This is exactly the sort of decision that might completely come back to bite Rhys in the rear end.

might?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

tlarn posted:

So what's the headcount on allies and allies-turned-enemy that are gone so far? Scooter and Loaderbot have hit me the hardest, Vaughn being out of commission for so long hurt as well, and there's the potential buddy lost to not letting Jack into Rhys's systems as well.

Speaking of, since Jack is the one that hacked that guy, do they go with the protagonists or Jack when the inevitable betrayal occurs?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Speedball posted:

This takes place after Borderlands 2 and everything else so Helios is still up in all versions of those games.

It's weird that Telltale was allowed to be the ones to make the game that destroys Helios. Amazing, though. That thing was such a fixture in the setting.

He was asking if it was still in the sky during the flash forwards to the stranger in this game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

HenryEx posted:

So i guess the stranger is the one from the bandit duo after all, whatshisname with the tiny beard. The bot trasher.

Too bad. I miss my Greaseface theory.

I dunno, he seems too... patient to be one of those two. Plus the stranger doesn't seem to have any animosity towards our duo, he's just been treating them as means to an end.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Welp, that's what? 3 dead characters in one episode? Although I guess Gortys could technically be reassembled since fiona still had some parts?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I hope Vaugn is the stranger, if only because it's been far, far too long since our bro from accounting has been around. He kind of vanished from the story a ways back.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

I didn't finish Finch because I thought the shot would have alerted Vallory. You mean I could have gotten my vengeance against him and continued the story normally!? :mad:

He looked pretty dead either way with it just being a matter of time if you left him, was that not the case?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cassius, Felix and August.

This story from the start hasn't been one about gigantic heroes battling gargantuan monsters for epic loot.
This has been the story about a bunch of gently caress ups running into trouble all the goddamn time. Our A B-Team should reflect that

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

Counterpoint: Gortys.
Either way, you shall eat those words yet, sir.

Last I checked Gortys got killed because they were so bad at fighting giant monsters that they failed to win with a giant monster robot fighting with them. :colbert:
I mean, they're porbably going to kill the giant monster and get sick loot but that's not really what the story is about. Kind of like how the hobbit has gently caress all to do with smaug.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Hostile V posted:

Torgue will likely never bother with Pandora on a scale besides "sell stock to Marcus so he can sell them to the locals" because Mr. Torgue is too busy being interested in wrestling, BBQ and designing new guns.

I would like to see an invasion of the second-string companies like Vladof or Maliwan or Tediore just trying to play Big Business and scrambling over the wreckage of everything to call dibs on what they find.

Well I mean to be fair the dlc that introduced Torgue was him living it up and having a testosterone fueled explosive gladiatorial smorgasbord and in general reveling in pandora. If he wasn't there in person he was certainly there in spirit.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You forgot playing as brick in borderlands 1 thanks to his ability to throw them around willy nilly. When you're rocking 4 different element launchers as your weapon set your skill rank in them got high enough that they were decently accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

They should do both the next entry and a prequel at once through the wonders of time travel!
Borderlands 3:turn to the past

• Locked thread