Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Just wanna say that this game was just sitting around in my Steam Library and then your recommendation actually got me to play it. Oh man, after being burned on TWD S2, this game was a very pleasant surprise. Even though I know nothing about the actual series at all.

Riot Shield and Rockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I finished the game recently, and yeah I have to say it's probably one of Telltale's best works. It's definitely worth a buy. For me, I have no idea if it's on par or better than The Walking Dead S1, but it's around there. I dunno if it's my personal GOTY, but I can see where you're coming from on that front.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blow his mind!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Really the choices in Telltale games are more of a way to personalize your experience. They don't really affect much most of the time, but they do change small details, which is the neat part. Though they definitely overemphasized how important they were in TWD.

Anyways. shoot him.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've pretty much always accepted that you're not determining what happens, but how it happens.

I thought a well done example of that in Walking Dead Season 1 (spoilers for that, obviously) was the meat locker scene. Yeah Larry dies no matter what you do, but your choice there still makes a pretty big impact. You're either still on good terms with Kenny, or you just fractured your relationship with him big time, if you haven't already done that. And that change affects the rest of the season. The thread for that game practically treated him like 2 different people afterwards. A bro, or someone who just gets pissy at you a lot. If they can't do big choices that affect the events, those kinds of choices are what I would consider the next best thing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Psycho Mask.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Shoot him. Show him that he didn't think things through. Shouldn't have given Fiona the gun if he didn't want it used against him. :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

is this the part where I post a picture of my little papercraft claptrap

Yes.

My only exposure to Claptrap was Poker Night at the Inventory 2, so I have no idea how bad he really is in his home series.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Sasha should help Fiona. They're sisters, after all.

Trust no one. Who's gonna believe Rhys about Handsome Jack? They're gonna think he's crazy. And worse case scenario, the wrong kind of people will believe that info if it gets out. And who knows what will happen then?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

We can't trust anybody. Also, go to Old Haven.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Trust Jack. Because I like being contrarian. :v: And trusting him should lead to crazy shenanigans.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

If you all just voted for Jack, we wouldn't have had to deal with Fiona's "plan." :colbert: There's still time to change our mind, right? :ohdear:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 21, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Spin that head around!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

We are partners. Let's not make the same mistake of not trusting Jack when he really could have helped us again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Echoing the Gortys love. She's really great and adorable.

Something I do like about this game is that sometimes you're given a reason to reflect on why you made a choice, like why side with Fiona, since there's multiple ways to come to that decision. It's a nice touch and personalizes a playthrough of these games.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 28, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

So when I played this, I stayed silent when Vallory asked the group to go get the Gortys piece, and then I said "You heard me" when she stabbed Sasha. To which she replied "Actually you didn't say anything the first time" which was great right up until she went and twisted the knife like we saw here. It's a little thing, but I am very happy that kind of interaction was planned for. This is truly a good game.

Telltale is really good at getting the little details down in their games, which is something I personally consider a high point.

Don't tell them! There is no way that telling them about an AI copy of a very hated man that's living in our brains is a good idea.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

There is no choice. Catch a ride.

Anything else is the wrong choice.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Fiona's hat

I'm still sore about having to sacrifice it because of bad decisions. :mad:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Stun her, but don't tell her. :argh: Make her pay for what she did, but we're on a mission here.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The gunfight scene was amazing and I couldn't stop laughing throughout it.

Rule Hyperion. We set out with a goal, and remember what happened the last time we didn't trust Jack.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

So if you guys are wondering, this is where the disparate paths really converge. There's no possible way to avoid Jack transferring out of Rhys' mind and into Helios itself. If you refuse to rule Hyperion, Jack shoves that drive into Rhys' head-port regardless. In fact, if you agree to rule Hyperion but hesitate too long to actually press the buttons for it, Jack gets impatient and aggressive and shoves it into Rhys' head anyway. Now us being friendly to Jack will still have story ramifications, we haven't completely entered the railroad station yet, but all the branching paths are starting to get trimmed.

At any rate, Jack is no longer beholden to a flesh body and is in control of the entire Helios space station. Let's see how that works out for us.

There's also an unfortunate bug with the ending that still hasn't been fixed. For those playing along, if you want to reject Jack's offer, you have to do it at the first chance you get. You can take the offer and then back out at the last second, but the next episode treats it like you've chosen to rule Hyperion when that clearly did not happen at the rejection ending.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 6, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Goodbye, Loader Bot. :(

You should have rescued Yvette back there, just so you could have killed her in the power core yourself. :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is why you should always order pizza when you have the chance.

Wait, you can rescue Yvette there? Why would anyone do that? Screw her.

She has a different attitude if you never revealed yourself to her in episode 4. Or at the very least, revealed yourself, but didn't shock her. On the flip side, rescuing her gives you have an opportunity to kick her out of the air vent in the power core. And why wouldn't you take the opportunity to deal with the traitor yourself? :getin:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tales From The Borderlands is so good. :allears:

IAmTheRad posted:

Current Humble Bundle (newest one up today, Telltale Bundle) includes Tales from the Borderlands in Beat The Average.

And it is definitely worth a purchase.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Stranger's reveal was perfect. :allears:

Athena because she's the one who trained Fiona into a vault hunter.

Janey because she's Athena's girlfriend.

Zer0 because he's a vault hunter as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's also not like it's the Loader Bot we've seen in the first four episodes. He's gotten more articulate and aware by the present day, so I'd say him being the Stranger isn't too big of a leap by that point.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Thanks for this LP! Just seeing the first few videos got me to get the game and boy it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yes, Fiona is a monster.

Rhys was the one responsible for her death. All Fiona did was make her spill out strawberry jam. :colbert:

• Locked thread