Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cover it up. Nathan is our best buddy after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Eat poo poo Nathan, fall off your high-horse.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

That man is too hunky to be a high school teacher. This is ruining my immersion.

My first high school art teacher was a hot surfer guy fresh out of college; it's not impossible!

Even though the principal probably doesn't believe us (or if he does, he ain't going to do poo poo about it), ratting is at least more proactive than just not even trying to warn people.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Not to mention herr principal will think we're hiding something that implicates Max when she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, making her life even more of a mess.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I voted for snitch, since I'm assuming that using our time powers to steal the gun and become a time cop is off the table.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I am very upset that Rewinding time and setting Nathan on fire before he takes out the gun is not an option.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I've voted to [s]snitch]/s] warn the principle about his psycho-student, even if he doesn't believe us.

Since it's perfectly in-character to know the immediate outcome of events, if the principle is going to have a reason to dislike us, it might as well be a true one.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Erwin the German posted:

ABS, Always Be Snitching.

Also, this is a good, if flawed, game.

A - Always
B - Be
S - Snitching

ALWAYS BE SNITCHING!

Tea is for closers only.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I'm prob gonna consider the poll closed tomorrow, despite that i can't close a strawpoll poll, but ya'll are overwhelmingly in favor of snitchin on that lil poo poo and I love it. I just wanted to drop a small note in this thread that I only really have time to record on weekends so updates should be every monday like clockwork.

Also!! Today Square Enix announced the Limited Edition bundle for Life is Strange! It's the only physical release of the game and comes with an art book (it looks like max's journal!!!!), the soundtrack, and special director's commentary. If you're feeling inspired to pick up the game this looks like a pretty rad way to do it!

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Looks neat. I have not played this game but I think I recall seeing someone say 'twee teen adventure GOTY' so this might be worth looking into.

Also, snitching gently caress yeah

booksnake fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 13, 2015

LaCelestina
Sep 28, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to vote to keep quiet. That boy is dangerous! He's psycho for sure, and I didnt like how the principal took the news... time to get our detective hats on and get to the bottom of this ourselves.

I am so so excited for this LP!

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

get all Snitchy up in here. Also, Blackwell's principal is named Mr. Wells. Mr. Wells is black. But he's not the founder. Lazy naming conventions.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This game sounded interesting to me but I never got round to it. So it's nice to see at last.

With the amount of jerks you've met so far, an always available option of "kick this jerk in the head and then reverse time" is something I feel the game would benefit from.

Although so far two characters already managed to start out seeming one way and going the other. The teacher seemed like a jerk at first but then it ended up seeming a bit more that he's gruff because he cares. And then the principal seemed concerned and stuff and then he was all "ugh, you are a troublemaker stop making trouble". So maybe some of the people who seem to be deserving of a kick to the head so far aren't all that bad.

Also I like that the main mechanic of the game both gives a good reason for Max having enough time to look at everything if she wants, and also for why she can go look at someone's personal stuff when they're in the same room without getting busted and chewed out. And also the adventure game thing of just grabbing things I suppose, with that hammer.

I guess I probably missed the poll by now but it looks like what I would have voted for has run away with it anyway.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Sniiiiitch.

Also, Max has some surprising hand strength if she can tear up a polaroid like it was a post-it note. Those things were actually pretty tough.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Tendales posted:

Sniiiiitch.

Also, Max has some surprising hand strength if she can tear up a polaroid like it was a post-it note. Those things were actually pretty tough.

Polaroids aren't so hard to rip, if and only if you've pre-nicked a slice into it. Can't you just imagine Max lying on her bed, staring at the photo and looking up at the ceiling, taking a pair of scissors and holding them over her photo, daring herself to cut it up but not being able to, starting to squeeze the handle, then stopping? Dramatic teenager poo poo.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Snitches get riches.'

Really glad to see this LP Panzerskank, and also that you're showcasing the soundtrack!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello good morning! I've brought you a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:In today's update, let's enjoy a nice fall day out on the campus! We chat with some friends and have a nice time.:siren:

Our poll today is over here: closed!

Here are the new journal pages!

And the new profile pages

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 20, 2015

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Poor Icky Vicky is just misunderstood.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Mock the poo poo out of her.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Samuel speaks like someone out of Harvest and that's not okay.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
It is not a true victory until it is reveled in. Let the Mockery flow!

Is there a way to make the skater justice happen? I want to see street gangs beating each other with boards like a lovely modern remake of The Warriors.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

That burn is too sick to pass up. Mock her.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

General Ironicus posted:

It is not a true victory until it is reveled in. Let the Mockery flow!

Is there a way to make the skater justice happen? I want to see street gangs beating each other with boards like a lovely modern remake of The Warriors.

Unfortunately the skater punkz are all talk and no action. Unless that action is doinking yourself in the nuts, then they are all over that action.

Only slightly related but I wanted to do a quick Interesting Things About Photography I Learned Due to or Tangentially Because of This Game:

First is daguerreotypes! They are really cool as hell. If you want to read about the entire extremely complicated process, here's a good starting point! Basically before film was really a thing they figured out how to polish silver plates and then treat them with chemicals so they reacted to light and behave a little like film. It's cool as crap, the images are so crisp and clear, check this out:

"Viewing a daguerreotype is unlike looking at any other type of photograph. The image does not sit on the surface of the metal, but appears to be floating in space, and the illusion of reality, especially with examples that are sharp and well exposed is unique to the process."

The images are also crazy fragile, so if they are even touched a tiny bit it wipes the photo clean off! It also causes it to age in this really haunting and cool way:

If you want to read more about daguerreotypes, here's the wikipedia page!

Also worth mentioning here is Robert Capa!

He was a very prolific war photographer during the Spanish Civil War as well as WWII! You can read more about his life here. The picture that Evan references is "The Falling Soldier". I'm going to link it because while the content of the photo might not be authentic, it's still a photo of a man being shot and dying! The controversy about the photo Max refers to is that it wasn't genuinely a photo of a soldier dying in battle. Apparently during the Spanish Civil War, where this photo was taken, there were very tight press restrictions, so no photographers were allowed near the front lines. A lot of photographers had people stage battle scenes away from the actual battles, so that they could still record what was going on even if it wasn't the genuine thing. It looks like there was a lot of back and forth on if Capa managed to take a genuine photo here, but the generally consensus is that it was staged like almost every other photo at the time. Like Max said however, it doesn't really take away from what a great picture it is, and how it really captures the feeling of war.

Also a side note that I knew the answer to the Robert Capa question because the band Alt-J wrote a song about his death! It's called Taro and it's a really great song. Max actually listens to Alt-J as well a bit later in the game, so I feel like she would probably have heard this song and would be pretty familiar with Capa's death and name, even if she was behind on studying his actual work.

The last name we hit was Richard Avedon, who I'll touch on briefly because I feel like it gives a tiny bit more dimension to Victoria and her work. Avedon was a highly influential portrait and fashion photographer! His work is very beautiful if a bit stark. I feel like even though his portraits can be so cold in composition and contrast, he really manages to catch something beautiful in facial expressions, something way deeper than a regular photo seems to catch? I can see why Victoria would like him a lot.

Thanks for reading all these words about unrelated photography jimjams!

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm a bit late to the vote but can't we just let Nathan kill the blue haired anime girl and let nature run its course? He can't be so rich he can get away with actual murder.

Oh well. Let's be nice to Victoria because if I learned anything in high school it's that falling into petty teen girl spats just breeds drama and amounts to nothing good. Let's be the bigger person.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jenner posted:

can't we just let Nathan kill the blue haired anime girl and let nature run its course?

Jenner posted:

Let's be the bigger person.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Always take the shot! You have to photograph (and mock) her now.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Jenner posted:

I'm a bit late to the vote but can't we just let Nathan kill the blue haired anime girl and let nature run its course? He can't be so rich he can get away with actual murder.
person.
She apparently knew Rachel so she's gotta have Plot Armor.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I like Hayden. He's just so... relaxed.

As for Victoria, I voted to COMFORT her. A more interesting relationship between Max and Victoria might develop that way. As hella sweet as it was to make fun of her, the benefit of time travel is we got to see the mockery but she'll only remember Max as being the better person. Oh Max, how you abuse your gift for our petty delight.

Panzer Skank posted:

Let's play Life is Strange: A Series of Lectures
Daguerrotypes do have a dimension all their own. It was nice to learn about some of the namedrops, which otherwise just go over my head.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I say we COMFORT her because we're already a time traveling little poo poo, so we could at least act like a normal person rather than a not time traveling little poo poo too. Also she's seems pretty vain so we may as well unfuck our selves in the situation rather than make enemies.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Expected dickbutt, am disappointed. 0/10

Tuckiozi
Jun 17, 2012
I am so excited about you LPing this game! It's probably my favorite game this year.

For decision times, let's Comfort Victoria. No need to create more teen drama.
I missed so many conversations with the side characters on my first playthrough, this really makes me want to do another one.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I'm saying Comfort. Like Shieldhill pointed out, we already got the satisfaction of mocking her. Doing it again for keeps doesn't seem to offer anything good.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Let's comfort her. We don't need to be an rear end a second time.

Also, I bought the full game today. Been on the fence about it for awhile now but the soundtrack in the first episode convinced me.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
These kids are all douchebags! "You can't show any interest in what I'm doing unless you already have an encyclopedic knowledge of it. Now get out of here, plebeian trash."

Daimion
Jan 17, 2015
I vote that we comfort Victoria, because as loving sick as that burn was, it's not worth having the guy with the gun- who we just ratted out to the principal, and is probably very mad at us- knowing where we live.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Comforting her seems like the better idea if only because the other option could set the crazy man with a gun on us.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Ive been laughing at this for like two hours, I'm gonna make a fanart section for the op to add this to!

Skelicopter
Feb 19, 2013

More like Prince Alarming
Sick burn her. Mostly because I'm going to have to play this game now, and I want to see the things that I won't do in my playthrough.

But also because :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Comfort her. Victoria seems like the kind of person that doesn't show her true colours unless someone else takes the initiative. :unsmith:

• Locked thread