Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Arglebargle III posted:

What's Majora's Mask and why is this like that?

Short for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a game where you save a country from a horrible doomsday event that happens in 3 days with the assistance with time traveling. Also it's a Zelda game with magical masks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Actually it's because in both games you have to learn a dance routine from a naked ghost and soothe his restful spirit by passing the dance onto a new generation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Xanderkish posted:

Actually it's because in both games you have to learn a dance routine from a naked ghost and soothe his restful spirit by passing the dance onto a new generation.
Don't forget that you have to stop aliens from abducting cattle with your bow and arrow.
This game is basically an unlicenced remake.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, Majora's Mask didn't let you fly a drone. You had to wait until Skyward Sword for that.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello hello! It's a beautiful day and I've brought you a :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Today we should try to reconnect with an old friend! Also we finally see the plot move forward.:siren:

There is no poll this week due to how the game is paced! However we do finally meet Warren and Chloe. How do you feel about them and Max's interactions with them so far? What kind of people do you think they are?

We do have a new song featured in this episode: Angus & Julia Stone - Santa Monica Dream [lyrics] "Maybe it reminds her of Rachel?"

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Please tell me freeing that bird comes back to bite us in the rear end later.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Warren reminds me too much of my teenage self. Seems like a nice kid but tries waaaaaaaaay too hard.

please don't dunk on him too much he means well :(

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Dunk on that nerd as much as you possibly can.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Run that fucko over with a truck.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Nerds exist to be dunked on. It's the way high school works.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

anilEhilated posted:

Please tell me freeing that bird comes back to bite us in the rear end later.

Saving. It was outside and pasted itself on the window.

And Warren did throw a pretty mean hook, so he's not all bad.

And Chloe is a tough one. She saved our butt and Max already dunked on her pretty hard
On the other hand, she parks like an rear end in a top hat.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
I preemptively vote for any future decision that will keep Warren on the hook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54gcEwt4SM

LaCelestina
Sep 28, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I thought Warren really tried too hard. Please don't tell me Max is oblivious to him or some horrific cliche. I mean, she literally left him waiting for about 2hrs while she went to get the flashdrive (ok, so it's closer to 45min according to the earlier texts, but still). I think he's a good kid, but getting on that buttface's bad side can't be good for his health... I really did feel bad leaving him behind to fend for himself. Hope he made it out ok.

Chloe is very emotional. Seems like a fun gal, but really has a lot of baggage. And that psycho is her step-dad? Yikes. She seems to have a love-hate relationship with Max where she blames her for leaving her all alone, but will stick to her no matter what. And she better, considering we saved her from getting shot earlier.

Those kinds of "this action will have consequences" make me nervous. Like, is step-dad going to think someone entered their room without permission? Is the bird going to steal Chloe's mother's pendant that Chloe made and send her into a rampage? I hope none of Max's hairs fell or she left too many fingerprints.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Fabulousvillain posted:

Short for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a game where you save a country from a horrible doomsday event that happens in 3 days with the assistance with time traveling. Also it's a Zelda game with magical masks or something.

This was my line of thinking for comparing the two games, but also it's how I described it to Kaubocks when I was trying to convince him to play it like ten months ago

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

im gonna fuckin dunk that nerd

LaCelestina posted:

I thought Warren really tried too hard. Please don't tell me Max is oblivious to him or some horrific cliche. I mean, she literally left him waiting for about 2hrs while she went to get the flashdrive (ok, so it's closer to 45min according to the earlier texts, but still). I think he's a good kid, but getting on that buttface's bad side can't be good for his health... I really did feel bad leaving him behind to fend for himself. Hope he made it out ok.

In everything Max has said and written about Warren so far she is super oblivious (i.e. when we see the email from him "Warren makes me laugh. It's nice to feel like I already made a real friend here."). She is alone in a new school and feels like she's struggling to break out of her shell, so someone reaching out and being kind to her is all she ever wanted! To Max he is a nice person who reached out to be friends with someone lonely; she has not yet realized he is looking to slip her the wing dang doodle.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

you are tearing me apart

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Panzer Skank posted:

:pervert:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

In everything Max has said and written about Warren so far she is super oblivious (i.e. when we see the email from him "Warren makes me laugh. It's nice to feel like I already made a real friend here."). She is alone in a new school and feels like she's struggling to break out of her shell, so someone reaching out and being kind to her is all she ever wanted! To Max he is a nice person who reached out to be friends with someone lonely; she has not yet realized he is looking to slip her the wing dang doodle.

Not only that Max seems to ship Warren and Brook pretty hard.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Warren is a sweet boy who simply does not know how to say "Hey Max, I would like to make smoochies with you." I feel for the guy.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Crush all nerds.

(This game is really good. it way captures the pain and angst of drifting apart from a friend when you could have kept close if only you just tried but whoops its done now and you can't travel back in time (further than a few minutes or so anyway)).

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Crush all nerds.

All nerds crush.

On the main character, that is.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Warren's alright, and Chloe is.... man, knowing the game makes that one tricky, but as of right now, she's.... colorful, to put it mildly.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Warren's a perfectly decent guy and a good friend...

who should be dunked on at every opportunity. It's the only way he'll learn.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SMaster777 posted:

Warren's alright, and Chloe is.... man, knowing the game makes that one tricky, but as of right now, she's.... colorful, to put it mildly.
Wasn't she the one who tried to blackmail Nathan way back when? Which Max somehow seems to have forgotten?

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Crush all nerds.

(This game is really good. it way captures the pain and angst of drifting apart from a friend when you could have kept close if only you just tried but whoops its done now and you can't travel back in time (further than a few minutes or so anyway)).

I agree with this so hard, it really nails that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach.

anilEhilated posted:

Wasn't she the one who tried to blackmail Nathan way back when? Which Max somehow seems to have forgotten?

Max actually has not forgotten about the blackmail, but it's another running theme in this game that Max never really forces anyone to discuss anything, and if she does it's really rare. Even though she does prompt people to explain things to her (like Dana's pregnancy), she never pushes past their comfort limits. Things will come out in due time whenever people are comfortable discussing them, and she really does try to keep from pressing.

ALSO! I was reminded in Kaubocks' thread that spoilers may show up in the related videos sidebar, so I've polsy'd all the videos in the op and will continue to from now on! Frickin related videos god dammit !

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Panzer Skank posted:

ALSO! I was reminded in Kaubocks' thread that spoilers may show up in the related videos sidebar, so I've polsy'd all the videos in the op and will continue to from now on! Frickin related videos god dammit !

Thanks for this. Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to title their videos with giant spoilers for the video itself? :argh:

I'm also wondering now — is Max's name short for something? Are her parents massive fans of Grease 2?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Her name's short for Maxine! The text from her mom calls her that

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Props to you for doing an LP of this, it's a great game and I look forward to seeing your take on it.
I love how often there is no right answer to the choices, you just have to go with that sits better with you.

Good luck to the people trying to dodge spoilers, they really take the impact out of some of the events.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

anilEhilated posted:

Look, how was she meant to know he had a gun that he'd use to murder her?

LaCelestina
Sep 28, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

Look, how was she meant to know he had a gun that he'd use to murder her?

I don't think knowing or not knowing Nathan 1) was batshit crazy and 2) had a gun, should affect the whole bribing thing. Her intention was to extort money out of him. Had she known of the gun, she would've tried more subtle, safer methods, or maybe not tried at all, but that she did does say a lot about her.

What we do know is that Chloe walked in the bathroom and started to demand shush money or she'd tell everyone about Nathan selling drugs. Not sure what happened prior to that, or why Nathan was freaking out and talking about blowing the school up.

I think a viable explanation would be that, as we've seen in parts of the last video, it seems Chloe and family are way behind on their bills and could use the money. Especially considering Chloe's "medicating" and parking skills. I'm not saying Chloe is all bad, btw. But she would've bribed Nathan, was she given the chance.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I just assumed Chloe had bought from him before but now needed cash or something.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Apologies, there is one item in Chloe's room I forgot to look at that might be related to this conversation. I grabbed some screenshots real quick in case it influences speculation and conversation about what's going on w/ Chloe's money situation.

"drat, Chloe does need a lot of money to get out of Arcadia..."

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ouch, 3k car repairs. no wonder she needed money from Nathan!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Good morning thread! I know it's a day early but I just couldn't wait to bring you this :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Today we learn a bit more about Chloe's new stepfather!:siren:

The poll this week is over here: closed!

Here are the new journal pages!

And the new profile pages

Another new song in this episode as well: Sparklehorse - Piano Fire [lyrics]

A note about the songs in the videos: I keep getting copyright claim notices. I've been disputing them all because gently caress these crappy dudes putting ads on my videos, but WMG overturned my dispute on the last video. :mad: super annoying

edit: oh yeah i announced a game or something yesterday !! If you like my LP stuff you might also like my dumb game stuff so there u go!

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 12, 2015

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

TOILET PAPER

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Riight, so Chloe just "by the way" snagged any evidence of us ever seeing her blackmailing. How about that.
Intervening leaves us with an extra bit of info, so let's go with that.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 6, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just finished episode 1 today, and wow this game good.

I think we should stay hidden. This argument doesn't seem like anything new to Chloe, so she can handle it. And if we come out, that'll make life harder for the both of us. Chloe will get in more trouble, and David will know that we know Chloe.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Finally a golf game where I can punch my opponents for taking too long, in an anime robot! Oh, uh, hide in the closet like a baby. I like this choice since they are both hard to make, but I guess Chloe asked us to hide. Well thats what Im going with. :ohdear:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What sort of biased poll is that? It's not really obvious and as far as I know right now, it's the only time that happens, but you're straight up ignoring 2 options.

Don't enter the closet at all! And don't let yourself be accused of anything!

Always stay honest with David. He is the one good person in that town.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Oh, sure, when an actual crime is being committed we don't get the option to take a picture of it.

• Locked thread