Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

I think we should go for:

Air is lava! posted:

Don't enter the closet at all! And don't let yourself be accused of anything!

Max has no reason to hide. :colbert:

Glad to see you showing this game off, Panzer, it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
I intervened when I played, so I never saw David slapping Chloe. I forgot how much of a bad person the developers made David in the early game. I didn't forget how awful they made Chloe, though. I think the fact that Chloe, despite her faults (taking up handicapped spaces, drug usage, stealing a gun, pointing said gun at her Take It To The Max's face) she is supposed to be sympathetic while David (harassing students for unknown reason, surveillance, paranoia) is not. Slapping Chloe definitely detracts points from him.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
DAVID IS A PIECE OF poo poo

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

was gonna vote intervene before I watched. having seen it, it is the right option.

Though drat it Chloe, a gun, really. THIS WILL ONLY END POORLY.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I think we should stay hidden. This argument doesn't seem like anything new to Chloe, so she can handle it. And if we come out, that'll make life harder for the both of us. Chloe will get in more trouble, and David will know that we know Chloe.

this

plus Chloe explicitly told us to hide

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Stay hidden, Chloe is not too broken up about Max doing that and like Max says, her scholarship is on the line and she's already crossed David once.

Though I get the feeling even though Max has seen this, she'll still act like she doesn't know Chloe has the gun. :sigh:

Gaiza
Aug 19, 2013

You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
I think it's for the best that we stay hidden . Chloe can handle whatever David is saying to her plus, Max already is on his radar and doesn't need anymore trouble going her way.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gaiza posted:

I think it's for the best that we stay hidden . Chloe can handle whatever David is saying to her plus, Max already is on his radar and doesn't need anymore trouble going her way.

Nthing the Stay Hidden bit. Turns out the dude has quite a large radar what with those cameras around.

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Is anyone else having a problem loading the fourth video? I trying to catch up but I can't get it to play for the life of me. :(

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

NiftyBottle posted:

Is anyone else having a problem loading the fourth video? I trying to catch up but I can't get it to play for the life of me. :(

This might be a limitation from the fUCCKING copyright Bullshit that you can't watch on "specific devices". What are you trying to watch it on? Should I just appeal their decision and risk having my account shot into the sun??

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Panzer Skank posted:

This might be a limitation from the fUCCKING copyright Bullshit that you can't watch on "specific devices". What are you trying to watch it on? Should I just appeal their decision and risk having my account shot into the sun??

I've tried a couple of browsers (Firefox, Opera) on my Windows machine, also the built-in Youtube app on my Android tablet. Sucks that there's copyright poo poo going down.

e: Chrome, too. It just hangs on the loading spinny thing. I get previews when I hover over the time bar thing, but at no point will the video actually play. The ads load fine though.

e2: Ok, I got off my rear end and grabbed my mac, and it loaded fine there. Who knows why it wouldn't on the other two. :shrug:

NiftyBottle fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 7, 2015

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

NiftyBottle posted:

I've tried a couple of browsers (Firefox, Opera) on my Windows machine, also the built-in Youtube app on my Android tablet. Sucks that there's copyright poo poo going down.
e: Chrome, too. It just hangs on the loading spinny thing. I get previews when I hover over the time bar thing, but at no point will the video actually play. The ads load fine though.

I've checked it on two different computer and it's working okay for me, with and without adblock. I'm sorry I don't know. :( Also those fuckin ads are forced on by the copyright claimants lmao. I'm so loving furious, this is to the letter derivative work, using fuckin' previously licensed content they were already paid an assload for, but they gotta suck up every last 1/10th of a cent my youtube account might generate for them. It's amazin.

ANYWAY. I'll put some words about the choice we've gotta make here. If it's not obvious, this is a choice that can majorly affect how characters feel about us. If we intervene, we've basically added +1000 friendship points into the Chloe meter, but meanwhile David's friendship meter will hit rock bottom. Staying hidden is effectively choosing not to change the meters at all, leaving Chloe regular-style miffed at us as she was before and David at mostly not liking us. Not acting is a valid choice, but at the same time we could make up some of our multi-year absence to Chloe. PROS AND CONS, FRIENDS.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

chloe pointed a gun at our face and I'm pretty sure I'd be ok with not smoothing over the years long absence

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
David has 5 more guns than Chloe and is crazy paranoid. With all that surveillance he might figure out Max's crazy time schenanigans (in that 'there's something weird about that girl' way) and then who knows what he'd do.

Pros and Cons.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I enjoy that Max compared herself to Lara Croft, because all non-movie media is published by Squeenix in this timeline. :rolleyes:

Butt out of the fight. We may be getting brownie points from Chloe, but David probably has more power on his side if poo poo escalates.

E: No, yeah, Intervene. We can rewind TIME, so all of David's menace is basically moot.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 7, 2015

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I vote for the option where children aren't hit.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Rather Watch Them posted:

E: No, yeah, Intervene. We can rewind TIME, so all of David's menace is basically moot.

Gotta be alive to use your powers though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Our time powers only take us back so far. If David goes to the principal and they start to behind the scenes get poo poo together to get us kicked out of school or whatever, there's only so much rewinding 30 seconds will do for us when we're eventually confronted with that.

Gaiza
Aug 19, 2013

You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Nthing the Stay Hidden bit. Turns out the dude has quite a large radar what with those cameras around.

The fact he installed cameras in his own home without consent of Joyce is eerie. Something tells me that signing Ms. Grant's petition was a good idea.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Kaubocks posted:

plus Chloe explicitly told us to hide

sounds like a good reason to STEP IN

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
If i have the choice between Chloe with a gun and David with a gun, i'll choose the latter every time.
David is just an rear end, Chloe is a teenager.

Don't come out of the closet

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If David has cameras all over the house, hiding in the closet is literally the stupidest thing and simply adds lying to Chloe's list of offenses.

Intervene.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'd kinda like to see what happens if we Don't Hide at All, since someone above mentioned that this was a possibility. I mean, in the Straw Poll I voted to Intervene, but I'm curious... what happens if you stay out in the open as he busts into Chloe's room (complete rear end in a top hat move, by the way).

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Intervening could lead us to a Thelma and Louise life of kickass adventure, but it also makes Chloe say Epic Win. I am torn.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I'm getting the distinct impression that David's initial portrayal as a total rear end in a top hat is going to be mitigated by mid or late game revelations, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Things are never quite so cut and dry in these games, especially with so many questions unanswered.

And I'm still very curious about whether or not we're not aware that Chloe is armed. Anyway, Stay Put.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

We are young, dumb, and INVINCIBLE!

Let's get on David's poo poo list twice.

Man, now I gotta pick between playing this game myself or getting to enjoy this thread going in blind. It's a tough choice, but since the thread seems to be mostly voting the way I would have played it anyway, I figure I'll just save my own playthrough for the other choices.

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
When Max was in trouble with Nathan earlier she helped us escape so it's time to return the favor I think and intervene. Also earlier with Kate she helped her and got on the shitlist with David already who hasn't liked her from the beginning and the principle also has her on the radar already for antagonizing Nathan so we gain nothing by sitting still.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So how big is that flash drive that it could hold several movies, at least a few episodes of Who and X-Files, and the entirety of Fullmetal Alchemist (original or Brotherhood, THIS IS IMPORTANT)?

ProfessorYesNo
Dec 10, 2006
What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in what?
Intervene! We just discovered that we have superpowers this morning; now is not the time to stand idly by as our friend gets slapped around!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if intervene wins I'm buying the game during the holiday sale and playing through it on my own to get away from this thread's terrible choices :colbert:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Iunnrais posted:

I'd kinda like to see what happens if we Don't Hide at All, since someone above mentioned that this was a possibility. I mean, in the Straw Poll I voted to Intervene, but I'm curious... what happens if you stay out in the open as he busts into Chloe's room (complete rear end in a top hat move, by the way).

So this is something I haven't shown off yet but will probably be in the next video, if an X shows up at the end of your time spiral in the upper left corner, that's an Irrevocable gently caress Up. Time will freeze and everything goes gray and Max usually says something like "Oh poo poo! I need to rewind and fix this!" and your only option is to rewind. We can't stay out when David is entering her room, we've gotta hide to progress the scene.

HenryEx posted:

If i have the choice between Chloe with a gun and David with a gun, i'll choose the latter every time.
David is just an rear end, Chloe is a teenager.

Don't come out of the closet

I also want to point out, this choice does not change who has the gun. Chloe always has the gun, this choice changes whether or not she likes us enough to tell us about it yet or not.

Edit:

Kaubocks posted:

if intervene wins I'm buying the game during the holiday sale and playing through it on my own to get away from this thread's terrible choices :colbert:

You should buy and play it anyway bc it's freakin good u chump!!!!!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Panzer Skank posted:

So this is something I haven't shown off yet but will probably be in the next video, if an X shows up at the end of your time spiral in the upper left corner, that's an Irrevocable gently caress Up. Time will freeze and everything goes gray and Max usually says something like "Oh poo poo! I need to rewind and fix this!" and your only option is to rewind. We can't stay out when David is entering her room, we've gotta hide to progress the scene.

Usually this is true. But here it is objectively not!
This is slightly spoilery, but here is a video of someone who does that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD7MG9hBtA

Will you at least show these paths off?

I wasn't joking in my post. And when you didn't react to it I thought you actively ignored me just to avoid having this choice. :(

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 7, 2015

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Air is lava! posted:

Usually this is true. But here it is objectively not!
This is slightly spoilery, but here is a video of someone who does that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD7MG9hBtA

Will you at least show these paths off?

I wasn't joking in my post. And when you didn't react to it I thought you actively ignored me just to avoid having this choice. :(

Oh my god i actually had no idea, I saw the X on the interface and figured it meant I was in the poo poo!! Crap!!!!! Okay well I'll be home from PSX this evening, how would you guys like me to handle this fuckin choice I didn't even know existed? Should I make a new poll? Should I make an extra video?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't really know how to handle that best, but it kinda deserves to be shown off. Chloe straight up throws Max under the bus.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Air is lava! posted:

I don't really know how to handle that best, but it kinda deserves to be shown off. Chloe straight up throws Max under the bus.

I will definitely make a bonus video. I can't believe I never knew that scene was even there! I've been replaying through everything and trying to be extra thorough, there's just so many different ways you can have things happen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What's the choice that makes Max get in a robot and challenge David to 9 holes?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Kaubocks posted:

This may force me to PM you every update to tell you about the thread's terrible choices. You will never escape the bad choices of the Goonmind.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Well... I think it's obvious we have to just let poor Max take the fall for the pot. It'll probably be fine....

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
I think choosing Blackwell over Friendship is probably not the message the game devs (or anyone else) had in mind, so Stepping In seems like the correct choice here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Stay hidden, because Max sounds so lame when trying to take the rap for the weed.

• Locked thread