Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Rather Watch Them posted:

E: No, yeah, Intervene. We can rewind TIME, so all of David's menace is basically moot.

Gotta be alive to use your powers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Otter-ly adorable swim coach ad. :3:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

So...not bacon.

Bacon and not bacon also.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Answer the phone

Chloe needs to be reminded that Max is the one with godlike powers here, and her whims are not to be questioned, but obeyed. Denying her requests is a good start.

Seriously, sidekicks exist to serve not lead their hero/leader. Get in the place you gave yourself Chloe.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

namesake posted:

Separating Chloe and the gun is probably for the best (even Chloe agrees! She knows about Max's ability, if she was super pissed she'd probably order Max to go back and save the piece), it means she won't be found with the gun, her stepdad won't find it on her or in her room, I'd say it increases the chances of Frank getting picked up by the police for having a stolen firearm which would probably help Chloe (might piss him off more but eh) and she won't be considering a showdown with Nathan (with firearms at least).

Except that Chloe mentions a couple times in the "Don't Shoot" timeline that there's more guns out there (with the implied that she can acquire), and those guns will also likely be stolen just not from a (step-) parent. So she's still considering an inevitable showdown with Nathan, which she recognizes the potential need for a gun. Better Chloe have a gun we know about, and need to get ammo for, than have to make innumerable questionable decisions acquiring another firearm.

Yes, it sucks that Max would shoot a dude. But when it comes to a friend getting shanked, or a self-defense shooting, I'll take the latter. Actively taking a life would suck, but knowing you did nothing to save a friend's life would suck way more. In this case, it doesn't look like the dump is super accessible by road so an ambulance would take a while to arrive, further threatening the survival chances of Chloe if she got stabbed in the gut.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

Callin it at 107 for Don't Shoot! vs 101 for Shoot! U finally broke out of the five vote valley good work thread. I'm so proud.

Count on goons to equip the criminal element with firearms. :tfrxmas:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Really? Privacy invasion and kleptomania are like Gaming 101.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

besides, we gotta keep up the LP sub-forum's trend of making the worst decision possible at every opportunity

FTFY

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
From what I could tell of Joyce's posture, she seems defeated either way you go. Siding with David just keeps Joyce in the dark about some rather unsettling things that David is doing (surveillance both at Blackwell, and, more troubling, at home). Joyce might be better off letting the house cool off as far as David and Chloe also. And its interesting to note that Joyce leaves a chance for David to come back, instead of just kicking him out for good, if you side with Chloe.

Chloe might not be a saint, but the family might be better off with all of David's shady as gently caress doings being revealed.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Getting the gun back in the hands of Chloe means its back to where we can at least have some semblance of control over it. Even if its just to tell Chloe that it really needs to be found under something in the garage. Or we could leave it in the hands of the incredibly unstable drug dealer, that's a great idea.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

With a letter like that a lawsuit would probably have been a slam dunk but the Prices don't have the financial means to go down that route and the school knows it.

That would be a slam dunk choice for pro bono work.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Surprise Pizza posted:

But they would have to find a lawyer to do it, explain the details of the case, and possibly testify, all additional stress the Price's don't really need. Plus once they realised that Chloe's condition was not going to improve, they may have decided that her attending school would not be practical, even with disabled access in place.

I should have been more clear; most any lawyer would get the hugest litigation boner over this case. The only way the school could win is if there is in fact the pre-1977 clause in the ADA. And I'm almost certain that there isn't, all of the 2 floor high schools from where I grew up (that I can remember) either had ramps (which made a huge loop to go from the ground floor to the second floor of the same building, requiring you to go into the main building and through the cafeteria) or elevators and they were both from pre-'77.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

Kate's attempt at suicide was entirely your loving fault. You slandered, harassed, and harangued her for years. I'm pretty sure you beat her up as a toddler. I saw you up on that roof pointing and laughing as you filmed her with your phone, spreading it around to your friends and basking in what an enormous piece of poo poo you are. That's the only thing that gets you off these days, isn't it? Rolling around in the goddamn dumpster where you belong, doing hard drugs with your friends as you reminisce about all the times you ruined people's lives because they didn't immediately suck your dick the first day they met you. You can't even get people to like you when you try. I saw you schmoozing with Jefferson. It was the most embarrassing thing I've ever laid my eyes upon. You open up to the one person in your miserable life that you're even remotely interested in getting to know and he turned you down. He put on an act about professionalism but we know... We all know deep down inside it's because you're an insufferable monster who's dead inside. You're a worthless excuse of a human being and because he wants no association with you you immediately try to blackmail him because god forbid you try and achieve something through your own merits for once. Not that there is any worthwhile facet of your skills. I saw your photographs, Victoria. You balk at my selfies but you've got even more than I do because you're the one person in this school who can stand looking at your face. I liked it better covered in paint. I rigged that can to fall since you're so full of yourself you wouldn't let someone ignore you to get into their own goddamn room. You've always got to be the center of attention, don't you? You're scum.

...but enough of this high school bullshit. We're adults now. :(

:vince: I was probably going to vote this thread a 5 anyway, but goddamn. This sealed the deal.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Is it just me or do Max's eyes grow to positively anime sizes at the party?

That... That's what your eyes do in poorly lit areas. And pin pricks in bright as hell areas. If Max had moved into a super bright area and her irises hadn't shrank, then there would be evidence she had gotten on the dosed train.

Or is this a :thejoke: thing?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If Max had only made a submission, she wouldn't be in her predicament now.

Seriously though, the Jefferson reveal took me a little by surprise but mostly because of that sick head shot.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

GladRagKraken posted:

Disappointing that after all the playing up the "Your choices matter" angle the end here erases all the choices you've made.

The choices you make before this point being you to this point so you can make the choice that ultimately wipe them out. So they matter even if they, ultimately, never happened.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 25, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

hawk16zz posted:

I hate Mark Jefferson and I made this thing to show it.

:perfect:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Gantolandon posted:

Am I the only one annoyed at David for making the investigation harder by snooping around the crime scene instead of calling police ASAP?

Have you been annoyed by Teen Girl Detectives loving up every crime scene and bit of evidence they've come across? Because holy poo poo, would this be a problematic case. Much easier to just disappear Mr. Jefferson into a hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's not often that a time traveler just gets to stop someone and explain what's going down to someone who believes them, it's nice to see.

Chloe has been down with Max's time travel powers from the word go, so it makes sense that she'd roll with it here. But it is nice to see that at no point has Chloe been "Yeah, nope."

Warren just rolling with it makes sense, when it happens, I think because of all the rest of the crazy bullshit that's been going on that week. "Mystery snow, mystery eclipse, tornado, whatever. Oh, Max can time travel, sure why not. Makes as much sense as anything else this week."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
It would be really funny if you could just skip out on learning about your time travel powers way back in the beginning of the game. Just a dead Chloe and a funeral and The End. I think it has been established that you can't, but it would be an interesting touch, like Far Cry Himalayan Edition (4?) and waiting around like 20 minutes giving you an ending.

• Locked thread